US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe it's just me projecting or just my school. But it seriously seems like instructors teach their classes at my school at least like everyone in their class has nothing else to worry about BUT their class.

Example, instructor was acting excited and asking the trust fund baby in our class about the new house she is buying with her soon to be husband. Whereas if myself or other students discuss struggling to work and get homework done or not having enough money the intstructor kind of tightened her lips and lowered her head and said oh I'm sorry and avoid you or the topic.

It just irritates me. I feel like the schools expect people to be made of money.

Same with my pregnancy. The instructor was at first not trying to let me make up work when she knew I was sick due to pregnancy until I showed her it's against federal law in the U.S. then she was like oh fine and she rolled her eyes at me.

They also assign tons and tons of worksheets. I'm like never in all my years at university did I have so many worksheets. My classes are 4 days a week 6-8 hours a day. It's a technical school program like one of those private medical type colleges... I already graduated university and I was never treated the way I am at this school or even given half as many worksheets. I'm like Aaorry I don't have time to do a worksheet every single day on top of study because I'm busy trying to pay rent and sick from my pregnancy! A lot of students in my classes don't work they have the luxury of having money or only work weekends...

The school system sure does seem like o favor those with money.

Kind of a mini rant sorry

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe it's just me projecting or just my school. But it seriously seems like instructors teach their classes at my school at least like everyone in their class has nothing else to worry about BUT their class.
Usually that is all the instructors care about, or rather just what effects the MONEY they get paid for their class.
That's 'life' on earth. Nothing new.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It absolutely does. I noticed that looking how the distribution of teachers and classes for night students who are mostly working people as opposed to day students who are mostly not.

• Agree
Reactions: JacobKStarkey
Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good rant...
Feel better? I hope so. It sounds like you're in a tough spot.

Life is what you make of it. It is really easy to focus on what you find wrong with everything and everyone else. It's virtually effortless. It's also profoundly destructive and counterproductive. It seems to me that you don't really have time to be counterproductive.

Philippians 4:8 is one that has helped me to change my perspective in a positive way. I hope it will help you too.

Upvote 0