✟7,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

I am a volunteer at a non-profit Christian bible study group called biblestudyforall.org

We opened up an instagram account and started posting verse illustrations as a way to reach out to other believers and encourage people with the Word. But when we tried to link our website to the Instagram profile, we were told that the website contains unapproved material and blocked our instagram account. Same thing happened when we tried to open a Facebook page for our website.

You guys can take a look for yourself if our website contains any "inappropriate" material. We offer Bible study to anyone who desires it -- free of cost and for different types of believers. I don't understand how Facebook and Instagram can stand to do this with no justification and then give us zero response over phone, message, and email.

This is discrimination at its best. This is outrageous that those who are trying to use the internet in a legal, non-harmful way are still being discriminated against. The devil has really captured this evil world...

I am not sure what to do? Our website contains nothing lewd or illegal. It is about sharing the Word with others free of cost. What can I do fight back?

Dan Berbider

bderbider
Sep 16, 2018
San Francisco, California
✟7,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2018-09-14 15.12.51.jpg 2018-09-14 15.12.35.jpg

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you contact Facebook about the matter?

As it is, I'm hooked up on Facebook with christian groups like:
GodLife, ReviveOurHearts, El Shaddai, International House of Prayer,
Broken Walls etc /// all of these sites share God's Word and be teaching it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dan, I know next to nothing about how Facebook, Instagram, etc. do censoring, except that if yours is a Christian or Conservative site, you are in jeopardy. But I notice that the images you reproduced for us says that the site that your page linked to was unacceptable, so although it may be unfair for you to have to do this, it could be that if you simply delete that particular link, your problem would be solved.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes if a link is brand new, it is automatically blocked as well. If the site hasn't been open at least six months, my company blacklists it as unsafe also - FB and Instagram may be doing something similar.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,676.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what is going on but many conservatives are complaining of unfair treatment by Facebook. Dennis Prager and Diamond and Silk come to mind. You might want to watch this testimony in Congress, on this subject, with D & S. They tell the steps they took.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I run a Christian facebook page, and have had no issues. But what I would recommend is that you temporarily remove the link, and just run some basic facebook posts, preferably as ads, you may just have got someone reviewing the page who does not like your content. You may find latter on if you have it reviewed by another all will be ok. If you can build up trust without the link, they will be more likely to let your content through.

Upvote 0