✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Please note, that this is a Catholic Sub-forum
Just found this while roaming around online, I find the conduct by the TFP in this video really inspiring. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have real anger issues, and I also really struggle with anger towards the Left and how they're really ruining lives and causing so much pain and wounded-ness. The way these people conducted themselves in the face of such a mob is really inspiring, I want to imitate that myself, and am praying for the grace and interior strength to do so.

Last winter I was inspired to write this prayer for the grace to remain in peace in the face of incidents such as the one posted above, I figured I'd now share it with everyone here, see what you all think:
My Prayer to Accept Persecution and Martyrdom

Hail, O Queen of Queens!
And your Divine Son, the Creator King!
May the flame of your Immaculate Heart, O Mary, consume me and put me at peace.

When enemies surround me and threaten to devour me,
may I never give into anger nor bitterness.
When the enemies rage against me, accusing me of being evil and full of hatred, may I never be disturbed. May their hatred return to them and my peace return to me.

May I not be downcast but lift up my head and heart, and have my eyes always lifted upon the King of kings and Lord of lords.
May my soul always be consumed with the fire of counter-revolutionary Charity,
may I do all things for the greater glory of God and the Salvation of souls.

In the face of terrible opposition may I always keep my peace.
May the Kingdom of your Son always be within me, my dear Mother, and may I never be influenced by the Dominion of Satan. May I always bless those who persecute me, and offer up prayers in reparation for their sins; pleading for their conversion and Salvation.

When I am cursed, may I return a blessing.
When I am struck on one cheek, may I offer the other.

Dearest Mother, when your Son was crucified for our sins, you desired not vengeance upon us; but longed that we would embrace God's mercy, which He made available for us in His passion and death on the Cross. May I too desire, as you do, that all may come to embrace the Divine Mercy.
May I be willing to lay down my life for the sake of God's Love.

In God's Love I wish to live and in God's Love I wish to die, and should I receive a sceptre of palm leaves; provided that it be the will of the Lord; may there be no bitterness in me when I receive the pains of death.

O Lord, King of kings, hear my prayer, through the intercession of Your dearly Beloved Mother Mary; I wish for myself, and for all people, that we may live and die in Your Love; that we may see and have the great joy of receiving You, who are all-good and worthy of all our love.

Grant that we may rest in the Bosom of your holy Mother Mary, who is our Mother as well and live eternally with You and in You, forever and all Everlasting.

May we all receive a death like Your's O Lord, so that we may be united with You in Your resurrection and ascension.

Mary, Mother of God, and Mother of all true children of God, pray for us, now, during our tribulations, and especially at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Tomm

Christian
Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Surprising to see young traditional Catholics in such a liberal country as the Netherlands. When the United Kingdom of the Netherlands split into the Netherlands and Belgium, Protestantism was the largest religious group in the former (while Belgium was predominantly Catholic). But today Atheism is the largest group there (Catholicism the second largest).

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Surprising to see young traditional Catholics in such a liberal country as the Netherlands. When the United Kingdom of the Netherlands split into the Netherlands and Belgium, Protestantism was the largest religious group in the former (while Belgium was predominantly Catholic). But today Atheism is the largest group there (Catholicism the second largest).
Yeah, the vast majority of the most Atheistic, secular countries out there these days, were ones that were once Protestant.

But what I find really funny is how the demographics have shifted. I don't yet have the exact demographics yet, (something I really need to work on) but it seems to me that the majority of the Faithful Catholic population is not Irish or (my people) the Hispanic population, but rather ex-Protestants. (And conversely, the most hardcore Protestants out there are ex-catholics.)

Upvote 0