• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by PoppyB, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:42 AM.

1. PoppyB

PoppyB Member

+150
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    The way to Jesus is not by Cambridge and Oxford, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Socrates, Plato, Shakespeare or the poets. It is over an old-fashioned hill called Calvary. Rodney (Gipsy) Smith

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

+916
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Lol...I bounce back and forth between the 2 forums as well. Love the quote! Amen!

3. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees fan Supporter

+2,995
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    We Christians are the only people who've won before we even started. Source: me...lol. Peace in Christ :).

4. icxn

icxn Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα

+650
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Another way to phrase that:

Behold, this is the true and the Christian humility; in this you will be able to achieve victory over every vice, by attributing to God rather than to yourself the fact that you have won. - St John of the Ladder

5. icxn

icxn Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα

+650
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    But when the Holy Spirit dwells in the heart of a person, He shows him all his inner poverty and weakness, and the corruption of his heart and soul, and his separation from God; and with all his virtues and righteousness. He shows him his sins, his sloth and indifference regarding the salvation and good of people his self-seeking in his apparently most disinterested virtues, his coarse selfishness even where he does not suspect it. To be brief, the Holy Spirit shows him everything as it really is. Then a person begins to have true humility, begins to lose hope in his own powers and virtues, regards himself as the worst of men. And when a person humbles himself before Jesus Christ Who alone is Holy in the glory of God the Father, he begins to repent truly, and resolves never again to sin but to live more carefully. And if he really has some virtues, then he sees clearly that he practiced and practices them only with the help of God, and therefore he begins to put his trust only in God. - St Innocent of Irkutsk, Indication of the Way Into the Kingdom of Heaven

6. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,516
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,516
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you for this thread. I love quotes.

[​IMG]

8. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 "Only Me!" Supporter

+1,818
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM
  9. PoppyB

PoppyB Member

+150
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Good one.