• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Baby and an overactive mind makes it very hard to get to sleep, and get back to sleep. Very hard to just cut off.I know, no electronics. Easier said then done. I google everything. Lately just thinking about political stuff and how dangerous the world is that I brought my daughter into. My positive is the world needs light. I have to trust her life to God and raise her to be strong in Him, so that she can face any trial as it comes. She already is a light to every room. Brightens my day. But I sure miss sleep. I felt God telling me to rest in Him today as I was praying. It is a lot easier to give my anxieties to Him now, rather then in the past. Nights when the hubby is working and I am nursing, hard to file and get to sleep.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Step one, put down your phone.

Step two, play some music that helps you relax.

Step three, have a decent amount of water before hitting the hay. Somehow, this helps me sleep.

As does a little dark chocolate before bed. Try it! And no forums after eight pm!

Upvote 0

aloneinafrica

Proudly South-African
Feb 18, 2008
✟28,562.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I struggle with many of these issues myself. I have tried everything non-medically without success thus far; in my opinion, there are medications that help. If you are able to see a reputable doctor that can offer you medication that will help, please try to do so, just remember that most of these medications can present problems of their own with regards to dependency and unpleasant side-effects. I will definitely pray that the Lord guides you in finding whatever means may be able to lessen your burden. Blessings!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
there are others on youtube that play for hours, of just the sounds of rain and other soothing sounds

you can put some songs together that you choose, and play them over and over as a loop....

your screen will go dark, but the music will keep playing

Upvote 0