Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone,

My insomnia is worsening.

More importantly, my heart is hardened and it's hard for me to connect to him. I have been praying, seeking him, and nothing is happening. I really desire him and long to have fellowship with him.

I've been trying to keep positive through all this but not resting has been especially difficult. I have been using medication to help me rest, but that is starting to become less effective.

I just can't rest and I'm trying to understand God's will in all of this.

Please pray that God grants me more rest, along with healing, mercy, and restoration of my heart.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On average, I sleep about 4-5 hours a day when I am working. Sometimes on days off I'll take naps. Have met a person who just hardly ever sleep at least that is what she had told me, only having about 3-4 hours every night as well.

Along time ago, use to like to think 8 hours of sleep is good and great, but sometimes it just seems impossible to achieve anymore.

Things you can try and test on yourself is set yourself a time for drinking soda, then stop and drink nothing but water.

I use to take pills to sleep but was able thankfully by the grace of God sleep on my own, you can always try to tire yourself out enough to sleep, write in journal, and pray then try to get some sleep.

Life is tough, and rough sometimes. Know your are not alone friend!

May the grace from God our Father, and peace of Christ Jesus be with you!

@ReesePiece23 Hm... maybe I should try a little bit of wine... if that is the case! Oh how I sometimes long for that 6-7 hours worth of sleep. ( I try to not drink though - a little wine is good for the stomach they say)

• Winner
Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
@ReesePiece23 Hm... maybe I should try a little bit of wine... if that is the case! Oh how I sometimes long for that 6-7 hours worth of sleep. ( I try to not drink though - a little wine is good for the stomach they say)

Some people might actually assume I'm joking, but I'm not. The House of Lords is the single most boring place on earth and watching a stream will completely sap your energy. Adding alcohol to that mix (a depressant) will deplete your will to stay awake even further.

I'm not encouraging alcoholism, just consume enough to dampen the spark. Open a window too and let the room get cold - and if you can, consume a large serving of carbs one hour prior. (White rice is best.)

As you can probably tell, I've battled with this in the past. The trick is to apply as much physical and mental weight to yourself as possible. If 10pm is your goal, NO caffeine after 2pm during spells of insomnia.

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I also have problems sleeping these days, and it's really the only thing I've had through life when things become too difficult I've always been able to use the "reset button" that sleep is, in order to get a pause from myself. So I really do feel with you, it's awfully tiring to never feel properly rested. I don't know any good advice, but I do honestly believe that it is within the ability of God almighty to let us get a proper night's sleep, so I pray for you, in the name of Jesus, to feel at ease with yourself, to feel drowsy and sleepy, for you to gain peace of mind and a long nights sleep, amen.

I wonder though why your heart is hardened?

• Friendly
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

rayraysh

Mar 21, 2020
London
✟14,694.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My wife suffered from insomnia for years and took meds, but about a year ago she started using Volant essential oils and it has made a huge difference. She has really educated herself on the use of the oils, and they have made a huge difference with sleeping and other issues. Not all brands are the same, so be careful which ones you look into.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone,

My insomnia is worsening.

More importantly, my heart is hardened and it's hard for me to connect to him. I have been praying, seeking him, and nothing is happening. I really desire him and long to have fellowship with him.

I've been trying to keep positive through all this but not resting has been especially difficult. I have been using medication to help me rest, but that is starting to become less effective.

I just can't rest and I'm trying to understand God's will in all of this.

Please pray that God grants me more rest, along with healing, mercy, and restoration of my heart.

Father, please give Kyle good rest. Whatever is causing him to not be able to sleep, I pray that He will be completely healed in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Please bless and watch over him. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0