USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't too long ago in the history of the Christian Church that the same could have been said about Christians. All you have to do is the read the history of the Inquisition and how innocent people were murdered and tortured in the name of Christianity. There is no difference. It is just the label has changed. The Klu Klux Klan who lynched innocent black people in the Southern States of the USA had many good Christian church goers in their ranks. Are we then to say that Christianity is a murderous religion. There are many outside of Christ who believe just that, in the same way that many believe the same about Islam.

You need a history lesson.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't too long ago in the history of the Christian Church that the same could have been said about Christians. All you have to do is the read the history of the Inquisition and how innocent people were murdered and tortured in the name of Christianity. There is no difference. It is just the label has changed. The Klu Klux Klan who lynched innocent black people in the Southern States of the USA had many good Christian church goers in their ranks. Are we then to say that Christianity is a murderous religion. There are many outside of Christ who believe just that, in the same way that many believe the same about Islam.
I suppose that I could add this by pointing out that many American, British, Australian and New Zealand Christians are relishing in how the many Christian US Serviceman in particular are unlawfully killing and murdering many innocent Syrians, which includes the unlawful killing of Syrian Christians as well; but of course, unlike Islam which has this hatred enshrined within their writings, no Christian is able to point out from within the Scriptures where such activity is encouraged or even permitted.

With Rome, their persecution of the Christians down through the centuries certainly has no foundation within the Word of God but the Islamo-terrorism that is being committed by orthodox Muslims down through the centuries and with today is certainly founded on their writings. But again, there are certainly many fine cultural Muslims who are a credit to their respective societies but the hatred that emanates from within orthodox Islam comes straight from its very core - after all, it is a religion of hatred!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Equating listening to music you don't like to being a victim of a terror attack, and expecting people to laugh...
How pathetic. And how completely lacking in empathy...
Would you have found the joke funny 2 weeks ago? Last year?

If so, then you are not seeing the joke by itself, apart from the bombing.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... There are certainly many fine cultural Muslims who are a credit to their respective societies ..
But are "cultural" Muslims TRUE Muslims?
I guess the answer would be the same as: are "cultural" Christians true believers, born again, filled with the Holy Spirit?

• Agree
Upvote 0

squirrel123

Sep 9, 2015
✟43,176.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Would you have found the joke funny 2 weeks ago? Last year?

If so, then you are not seeing the joke by itself, apart from the bombing.
The joke is ABOUT the bombing. :rolleyes:

I would not have found it funny 2 weeks ago because without the reference to the bombing fatalities in the first sentence, it would just have been just another pointless and extremely juvenile reference to almost dying due to bad music, like 50% of the comments on music videos on YouTube...

• Agree
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I would not have found it funny 2 weeks ago because without the reference to the bombing fatalities in the first sentence, it would just have been just another pointless and extremely juvenile reference to almost dying due to bad music, like 50% of the comments on music videos on YouTube...
Did you ever watch the first episode of "Max Headroom?"

If so, did you get the humor in Max's comment about being in the executive boardroom of Channel 23 where they discussed their viewers exploding after watching "blip-verts" and decided to continue to use them, as being the room where the Board executed its viewers?

It is the same kind of gallows humor.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's called Black Humor. Or Gallows Humor, as Dave says. It was quite beautifully done by Hollywood in the film "To Be or Not to Be", joking about the Nazi regime and Concentration Camps DURING WWII.

It is a sad state of the world when everyone is so supersensitive.

I remember a poster telling the community that her mother had liver cancer. Another poster joked that Hannibal Lecter would not be interested in the lady's liver. I found the joke to be somewhat "tasteless", but I remember a male poster thinking it was clever and hilarious.

Perhaps it depends on the source of the joke? Or the person being mocked? I dislike Ariana Grande, so seeing her music mocked does nothing to me. I certainly would not get up in arms about her music.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a tweet. No more no less. Some say things in a moment with out thinking. Some use it just to get attention. Me ..I never used TWEET's ..dont facebook..

So.. maybe he just as the old saying goes.. put his mouth into motion with out his brain being in gear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Where do suicide bombers go when they die? Everywhere!

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You show me your MDiv papers in Church History and I will show you mine.

No offense, but I know a far too many clueless MDivs.

Watch the video, or do facts threaten you?

Lastly, you might want to reserve that line for special occasions. It might make you look insecure to have to mention your degrees like that.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No offense, but I know a far too many clueless MDivs.

Watch the video, or do facts threaten you?

Lastly, you might want to reserve that line for special occasions. It might make you look insecure to have to mention your degrees like that.
I'm probably a rebel without a clue as well!! ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another poster joked that Hannibal Lecter would not be interested in the lady's liver.
Ah yes, Cannibal Lecter. (PLEASE, some one tell my that I am not the ONLY one to have caught that pun...)
I found the joke to be somewhat "tasteless"
I am sure he would have suggested some salt.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, Cannibal Lecter. (PLEASE, some one tell my that I am not the ONLY one to have caught that pun...)

I am sure he would have suggested some salt.
Adding some bacon and onions would do the trick.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe what Donald Trump said in his speak to the Saudi Arabians. He says the the terrorists are not doing what they are doing because of religion. It is not Islam that is motivating these extremists. They are criminals that are using religion and politics to terrorise and commit murder. Getting rid of Muslims from our countries is not the answer because most are peace loving people. We need to appreciate the differenece between people doing things motivated by their religious faith and criminals using religion as something to hang their hat on to commit murder and terror among innocent people. There are as many criminals using Christianity for the same purpose. We see that all through history and even in the present day. I do not believe that these extremists are true Muslims. They may profess it, but just like "Christian" religious hypocrites, they are using religion for their own evil purposes.
Sorry but these are the true Muslims. Muhammad was an anti-Christ and proclaimed he was made victorious through terror. The ones you are referring to are probably hypocrites according to the Quran.
Christians have no business supporting an anti-Christ religion as Muhammad clearly denied the deity of Christ, the cross and the resurrection.

Terrorist are not the problem but it's Islam itself. Everyone focus on the terrorist when the peaceful Muslims gain just as much as the terrorist with suicide bombings. After every terrorist attack you will find the peaceful ones come out to deceive others to defend and join this hateful religion. The more people join Islam the more will eventually fight Jihad.
David Wood explains it well as from out of the "peaceful" Muslims you get Jihadist.

Upvote 0

Paxton25

Forgiven
Aug 27, 2010
✟17,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tweets are for twits. See for yourselves.
arianag.jpg

Upvote 0