Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a part of my testimony that I have never shared before. I have been to complete insanity and have come back thanks to Christ. I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania). Shortly afterwards I went completely off the deep end. I thought that I had psychic powers and that the voices in my head were other people on campus talking to me, I was wandering around campus late at night screaming. One night the voices had me convinced that I was killing people with my powers and that I had to get away from campus to save their lives, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked across town and came to a dead end street and the town ended and the forest started. I kept walking. It was about 3am and I was just walking around out in the woods, there was a good 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was around 20 degrees out and nobody knew where I was. The voices were telling me to keep going, finally I heard something howling and that is when I decided to go back. I retraced my steps by following my footprints in the snow and eventually was back in town and I returned to IUP. I had friends and was going to class and was taking care of myself but in my world lots of strange things were happening. I paid my grandparents a visit (they lived close to IUP) and one night I was convinced that some people from school had followed me back from campus and were up in the attic watching me with hidden cameras, I took apart everything in the room trying to find the cameras. I eventually landed in the psych ward at the local hospital and they put me on medication which did not work. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I was delivered from the voices and God restored me to a right frame of mind, I am now restored to normal health!

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow dude so brave of you to share! What made you do it. I’ve had similar thoughts but largely kept my cool on the outside. I would like to share like this at work but have only done it once. Some testimonies are powerful, like yours, and should be done in about 3 minutes like yours. I just feel like I would be branded by the things I would say, not like yours. I would like to incorporate mine into my ministry, also yours with your permission. But I am still not confident in doing that. It is important to do so and it is a story that could help someone. A testimony of what God has done.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a part of my testimony that I have never shared before. I have been to complete insanity and have come back thanks to Christ. I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania). Shortly afterwards I went completely off the deep end. I thought that I had psychic powers and that the voices in my head were other people on campus talking to me, I was wandering around campus late at night screaming. One night the voices had me convinced that I was killing people with my powers and that I had to get away from campus to save their lives, I picked a direction and started walking. I walked across town and came to a dead end street and the town ended and the forest started. I kept walking. It was about 3am and I was just walking around out in the woods, there was a good 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was around 20 degrees out and nobody knew where I was. The voices were telling me to keep going, finally I heard something howling and that is when I decided to go back. I retraced my steps by following my footprints in the snow and eventually was back in town and I returned to IUP. I had friends and was going to class and was taking care of myself but in my world lots of strange things were happening. I paid my grandparents a visit (they lived close to IUP) and one night I was convinced that some people from school had followed me back from campus and were up in the attic watching me with hidden cameras, I took apart everything in the room trying to find the cameras. I eventually landed in the psych ward at the local hospital and they put me on medication which did not work. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I was delivered from the voices and God restored me to a right frame of mind, I am now restored to normal health!

Praise God for His mercies over your life!!!

Upvote 0