• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Inroducing myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dorothy Mae, May 26, 2018.

1. Dorothy Mae

Dorothy Mae Well-Known Member

+799
    Switzerland
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Dear brothers and sisters and various others, I have been a follower of Jesus for many decades. I particularly enjoy thinking about matters and finding the truth and so look forward to some intellectual discussions. In discussions I have found clearly what I think and why and what I do not think and why. The "why" is particularly important and the answer is generally not "because someone told me so" unless that person was speaking in that still small voice. Those things I rarely share though and never tell the source. If I do, He will stop answering my questions.

It is rather hard to fellowship over sites since we cannot meet and all we have to communicate to one another is by words alone. So I do not expect much in terms of fellowship. We cannot exactly have tea together or work on a project. Not sure what else to say. I am open to being questioned and do so to myself in any case. If I do not have a solid reason why I think as I do, best to find out and change as necessary. The unexamined faith is not worth having.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+4,440
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Welcome to the forums. I hope you will find fruitful discussion here.

3. Humble me Lord

Humble me Lord Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,151
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hello and welcome Dorothy Mae, glad you joined us here at CF!
    God bless you sister!

P.S., I liked the "various others" :oldthumbsup:

4. Kevin Snow

Kevin Snow Well-Known Member

+795
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Welcome Dorothy. A neat perspective coming in. I appreciate it. There is no such thing as an internet relationship in my book but I try to help people as much as I can on here and a lot of times I actually do help them.

Glad to have you.

5. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+9,424
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    Welcome to CF Dorothy, May you be blessed here :] :wave:

6. Monna

Monna Well-Known Member

+943
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome Dorothy. Looking forward to your inputs.

I like the
    I agree. Just now I'm reading W. L. Craig's "Reasonable Faith" which attracted me because of its apparent self-contradiction. I'm finding it very interesting, even stimulating. Are you familiar with it?

7. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+745
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome, Dorothy!