Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is this at your parish, or somewhere else? If it's your parish - and I know this takes a big commitment of time - but perhaps a few of you could take turns providing transportation. It doesn't have to be every week.

Do they have a priest they're in contact with? Perhaps he can suggest a solution.

Mary

Upvote 0

cobweb

Cranky octogenarian at heart
Jan 12, 2006
Georgia, USA
✟20,938.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is this at your parish, or somewhere else? If it's your parish - and I know this takes a big commitment of time - but perhaps a few of you could take turns providing transportation. It doesn't have to be every week.

Sadly, not my parish... or I would gladly take her (and I do when she visits me). I am currently about 4 hours away.

Do they have a priest they're in contact with? Perhaps he can suggest a solution.

She has spoken with the 2 priests in parishes that are closest. No one lives near enough to give her a ride.

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟28,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Readers services for when the person cannot make it to church. It seems to me the entire text of Saturday Great Vespers used to be available each week on the Antiochian archdiocesan website.

Upvote 0

xuxana

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Mar 26, 2010
ROCOR
✟1,409.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
start a mission... or endure the travel time to get there. my SP is a convert and he once said that he had to drive nearly 2 hours to attend services because there wasn't an orthodox church in the town where he lived.

it does take dedication but it's worth it. if you want it bad enough, then you'll make a way.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
On Saturday ride a bike and stay with somebody in the church overnight once a month.

There is a guy in our church who did this every Saturday to prepare for a bike marathon for breast cancer. Driving wise it was about forty-five minutes from his place to church.

Upvote 0

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Upvote 0

Nichole

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2007
✟23,232.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Since hubby and I have 1.5 hour drive to church every Sunday, our priest told us if we can not make it on some Sundays, to do our prayers together at home. Since this lady does not have mode of transportation, maybe she could do prayers also and watch Divine Liturgy on the internet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,538.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
It is important not to make the journey a chore. When possible, make the journey with joy and gladness to be in the presence of the Lord.

Perhaps the Church could help to contribute toward the transport, if not physically, by helping to cover the cost of the travel.

Upvote 0