Jens
✟7,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like for everyone else things just fall into place. For me things just don’t work out I had to make multiple career changes because I made stupid decisions or didn’t do my research. Now I’m 28 and nowhere near ready to commit.

Yet there’s so much pressure to get married because the good Christian girls get snatched up young and society hates age gap relationships more than 5 .years. but I don’t Make a lot of money and most women want a man who can provide.

I’m working hard to find a higher paying job and learn new skills, but nobody gives a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] about potential, they just care about where you are now and I’m afraid that by the time I get to that place it will be too late. Also on top of that I need to have big muscles and be extremely charismatic if I want one of those beautiful Christian girls.

How can I get over this pressure to settle down ? I would do anything to be ready now or earlier like everyone else and not be behind.

• Prayers
Reactions: Tempura

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems like for everyone else things just fall into place. For me things just don’t work out I had to make multiple career changes because I made stupid decisions or didn’t do my research. Now I’m 28 and nowhere near ready to commit.
Lots of people are.
Yet there’s so much pressure to get married because the good Christian girls get snatched up young and society hates age gap relationships more than 5 .years. but I don’t Make a lot of money and most women want a man who can provide.
Marriage really isn't something to rush into, especially given the biases of family law in the US.

Also, there are good Christian women (who also look good) that slip through the cracks and are still single around 30. Your issue, whatever their age may be (assuming they are legal adults) is getting them to like you.

I’m working hard to find a higher paying job and learn new skills, but nobody gives a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] about potential, they just care about where you are now and I’m afraid that by the time I get to that place it will be too late. Also on top of that I need to have big muscles and be extremely charismatic if I want one of those beautiful Christian girls.
Beautiful girls that marry guys like that think they "have potential" in other areas, so to claim that they don't care about potential is nonsense.

How can I get over this pressure to settle down ? I would do anything to be ready now or earlier like everyone else and not be behind.
The more you think like this, the more you sit still. I don't know of any man who moped around and simultaneously did the work on himself he needed to do to better himself. If you find yourself in debt, you don't get yourself out of debt by not paying it back. Rather, when you start paying it back, you're moving closer to breaking even. Same principle.

Upvote 0