• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Information about studying in Greece

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Not David, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Not David

Not David Someday an Orthodox

+4,845
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I have been thinking that in the meantime my situation gets solve, I could go to college somewhere else. Do you guys know anything about studying in Greece

Also related: If you know anything about studying in Germany would be great too

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,546
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My ancient history teacher was educated in Germany. He actually was a Holocaust survivor as he left Germany to avoid the Holocaust. They have more of a classic education there. Teaching that is more tested and time honored. Not whim of the moment type of stuff like they have in America where they have the soup of the day and the flavor of the week. Also they stress more if we do not learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+16,133
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I have had some friends study there, I know some spots do Greek language intensives.

4. Not David

+4,845
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Interesting, what were they studying?

5. ArmyMatt

+16,133
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Biblical Greek.

6. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

+2,340
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    • List
  7. bèlla

bèlla ma belle vie Supporter

+13,292
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Praying for the Lord’s guidance on your decision. Please keep us posted. :)

8. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,484
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    • List
  9. JohnTh

JohnTh Newbie

+359
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    (Very) Good university.
    I recommend it if someone wants to study theology.

10. Not David

+4,845
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't think my dad would pay for theology college (especially if he knows I want to be Orthodox). My major is Political Science and I am thinking about getting a Minor on German Studies and maybe a major/minor in psychology.

11. ArmyMatt

+16,133
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    it's fine to finish studying political science, and then theology later.

there is one guy I know who is in law school right now to get more education and life experience before studying theology.

12. JohnTh

JohnTh Newbie

+359
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I know Greece very well. I do not praise the country but anything you will study in Greece it will help you because the environment is "more orthodox" - let's say (no offense intended) - than in other countries because of many factors.
    So I would advise you to study in Greece rather than in any other country, except, perhaps, Romania.

• List