Infatuations?

Triggerblame

May 6, 2012
✟15,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know this has already kind of been discussed on here, but I didn't feel like it really covered my question...

Anyways, what do I do about a friendly, God-centered friendship with someone of the opposite sex? I find myself seeing them as a very potential future spouse, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself, and I want to make sure my focus is completely on God (not that they are steering me away from Him). Sometimes I think I crave a spiritual intimacy that I can sometimes mistake for physical or relational intimacy and I think the real problem is that I have yet to have such a spiritual intimacy with Jesus...I try to pray and read my Bible diligently but time and time again I get very distracted. Again, this person loves God, and is in no way steering me in the wrong direction, which is one of the reasons I find myself attracted to them...

What's a brother to do?

P.S. I am 18 and am not really ready to be getting married anytime soon

Rhayven

Jan 2, 2010
✟15,278.00
Faith
Christian
Looking at them as a wife in the future, is probably not a good way to go. Take it like running a race, you run towards a finish line.. you run and run and run and when you least expect it your future partner will be running along side you... i didnt say you would veer off track but he/she will be running towards the same goal! it's hard to understand this concept but you shouldnt be looking at this time of your life. i'm young.. your young. live your life and just focus on your future and stay close to God and He will add unto you just like he did in Genesis when He made Eve for Adam :DDD

kkthxbai

Upvote 0