Inequally yoked?

Yummi

Mar 11, 2004
Madagascar
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
This is my problem: there's a guy who wants to go out with me, I'm a born-again christian and him I'm not sure. I already explained him many times and in different ways the way to salvation, and he says he already gave his life to God () but still... I don't see a real thirst for knowledge of Jesus or a spritual awakeness in him. So while I'm trying to make him love Jesus, he's trying to make me love him. He thinks that I consider as a problem that we are of different religions (while I'm talking about spiritual levels). He also thinks he understands all that I want to say but I feel that he doesn't. So what should I do? Should I stop our relationship ?

Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't make anyone love Jesus, but I understand that you are trying to lead him to the Lord. You should stay friends with him unless you feel that he will lead you into a relationship that you know won't please God. You should also just keep it friendship level and seek God before you decide to go anywhere with the relationship.

Upvote 0

jay1_z

Mar 15, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with Lilly. Although you can't make him love Jesus, you need to keep yourself with Jesus. Keep yourself surrounded by the word of God and fellowship & testify with your friend. When you praise God and keep your home filled with the word of God he will feel it when he comes in your house and it may increase his thirst for God.

Upvote 0