✟16,450.00
Country
Hungary
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I hope I posted on the right place. English is my second language please excuse my grammar mistakes.

I am genuinely curious if there is any independently repeatable evidence that God interacts with our world, I would prefer an article published in a well estabilished journal. I mostly looking for sciences like: physics, biology, chemistry etc and not sciences like philosophy.
I am curious and wanted to ask you guys, it looked like a good place to ask. This is just a friendly request and no offense meant.

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God created the universe competently (and I believe He did), there should not be any "independently repeatable evidence that God interacts with our world" because He should not have to interact with the world repeatedly.

How often does a the time on a well-made clock have to be reset? It should not be often, and it should not be so repeatedly needed that it's notable.

When God does interact with the world, that's called a "miracle," and those are--by definition--not going to be repeatedly notable.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God created the universe competently (and I believe He did), there should not be any "independently repeatable evidence that God interacts with our world" because He should not have to interact with the world repeatedly.

How often does a the time on a well-made clock have to be reset? It should not be often, and it should not be so repeatedly needed that it's notable.

When God does interact with the world, that's called a "miracle," and those are--by definition--not going to be repeatedly notable.
So now, the question is, ... Who wound up the watch ?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I hope I posted on the right place. English is my second language please excuse my grammar mistakes.

I am genuinely curious if there is any independently repeatable evidence that God interacts with our world, I would prefer an article published in a well estabilished journal. I mostly looking for sciences like: physics, biology, chemistry etc and not sciences like philosophy.
I am curious and wanted to ask you guys, it looked like a good place to ask. This is just a friendly request and no offense meant.

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this

science is the wrong tool to seek evidence of a spiritual reality.

It is great for the physical but the spiritual is beyond it's scope.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this
God has heard all you prayers and acting in you best interest to respond.
Then He created the world and set up everything to act accordingly.
So Yes, God did answer all prayers, and through prayer He can open your eyes to the result.
But He never changes His plan, because it was the right one the first time.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Hello,

I think you'll find that the answer is no, there is no independently repeatable evidence that God interacts with our world, or exists at all.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Admittedly, while my branch of the (social) sciences tends to be more fieldwork focused than labwork focused (at least in my corner of it, anyway, in working with minority languages in a sociolinguistic context), every time I have gone into a lab environment I've noticed that God does not tend to show up to be tested in there. The Biblical admonition of "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord, thy God" (Deuteronomy 6:16/Luke 4:12 and elsewhere) comes to mind.

Though I'm going to have to politely disagree with our friend RDKirk above, in that if and when God shows up, it does tend to be noticed. We in fact wrote a whole series of books and letters about that once, and have never stopped talking and writing about it since. :D Whether or not it is published in scientific journals (which, no, of course not...science is after all based in the rationalistic observation of the natural world and hence necessarily bound by it, while God is both within and outside of the natural world, and hence not necessarily bound by anything) is, in this view, entirely immaterial.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this
Welcome to CF! I am affraid there would be no secular writings that point to God's interaction in our world. As a matter of fact all secular writtings not only avoid the possibility of a Creator but they aim to prove He does not exist. Sorry I can't help. If you wish to expand your query to include the spiritual perspective, I can help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this
Thank you for your question and the way you've asked it. It's difficult to answer. There has been an artificial divide between science and religion put in place. It was not always the case. People like Newton, Pascal, Planck, Bool and many others believed in God. Modern scientists include Professor James Tour and Francis Collins. That's just a few.

The problem is that God does not announce Himself when He does things. If the sun is at the correct angle when it rains, you will see a rainbow. Some thousands of years ago, God proclaimed that the rainbow was a sign of His promise not to flood the earth again. So, to me, the rainbow is God's interaction with nature and a sign to the world. For others, it's just a natural phenomenon, pretty to look at but with no meaning.

God created all things (no, I cannot prove that either) and declared that it was enough evidence. Two people can look at the stars and come to two opposite conclusions.

I read all kinds of nonsense such as science would know if there was such a thing as divine intervention (Victor Stenger). Well, science did not come knocking on my door to find out. I would recounted many instances of a personal interaction with God, including direct answers to prayers, instant miraculous healing, protection from danger and guidance when having to make major decisions. God is real. However, when I testify to this to atheists, they dismiss it as fabrication or delusion. That I gain no benefit whatsoever from my declarations seems to make no difference.

Science simply is the wrong tool for the job. Scientist see only with natural eyes and interpret with natural reasoning. This produces some of the most ridiculous conclusions. God is far above human reason and is not subject to the laws of nature. As Neils Bohr said to Albert Einstein, "Stop telling God what to do". God is far too big to pigeonhole. I wish there was a better answer.

Having said all that, I'll finish with this: God can be known. Even as an atheist, you can talk to God. Tell Him that you do not believe, and if it matters, why. Say to God, if you are real, please show me. If you are sincere, God will show you in a way that will make sense to you. I had an experience like that when I was 12. I was so shocked that I tried to brush it off as coincidence. It was 8 years after that I became a Christian.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science simply is the wrong tool for the job.
If I may intervene. God created science as a tool to unfold His Creation. One just needs to give Him the respect and awe He deserves in order to appreciate the unveiling of this knowledge. Blessings!

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
... As a matter of fact all secular writtings not only avoid the possibility of a Creator but they aim to prove He does not exist.
On the contrary, there are numerous secular writings addressing the possibility or otherwise of a creator, and any reasonably intelligent person, secular or otherwise, should realise that it is an unfalsifiable proposition, it can neither be proved nor disproved.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If I may intervene. God created science as a tool to unfold His Creation. One just needs to give Him the respect and awe He deserves in order to appreciate the unveiling of this knowledge. Blessings!

Fine if it works for you. And it was perhaps true at one time. Most scientist see nothing of God in anything. Satan uses science to blind the eyes of those who are perishing. Hence the promotion of evolution in schools, in the name of science, of course.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Thank you in advance,
Kind Regards,
Curious about this

We have one .... it's called the Bible .... inspired by God himself .... and has been very well published and established and contains eye witness accounts (observed)

archeological finds and yet to be found

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary, there are numerous secular writings addressing the possibility or otherwise of a creator, and any reasonably intelligent person, secular or otherwise, should realise that it is an unfalsifiable proposition, it can neither be proved nor disproved.
Did you post the writtings? Would like to read them. I believe this is what the original poster is seeking.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Did you post the writtings? Would like to read them. I believe this is what the original poster is seeking.
The OP was seeking good scientific evidence for God.

Here's an article by an atheist on different atheist views on God: The Three Shades of Atheism - How Atheists Differ in Their Views on God. Here's a humanist site with many articles about religion & God: Thinking About Humanism: Why I am not a Christian | David Pollock.

Google search will find you many such articles, and there are likely to be many more written by the non-religious who don't specifically identify themselves as such (in much of Europe the religious are a minority).

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Fine if it works for you. And it was perhaps true at one time. Most scientist see nothing of God in anything. Satan uses science to blind the eyes of those who are perishing. Hence the promotion of evolution in schools, in the name of science, of course.

It's almost as if you're claiming evolution is not science.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We have one .... it's called the Bible .... inspired by God himself .... and has been very well published and established and contains eye witness accounts (observed)

These eyewitness accounts: do we have the original signed and dated statements from the eyewitnesses?

archeological finds and yet to be found

Which archeological finds indicate God's interference in our world? Which ones are yet to be found?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though I'm going to have to politely disagree with our friend RDKirk above, in that if and when God shows up, it does tend to be noticed. We in fact wrote a whole series of books and letters about that once, and have never stopped talking and writing about it since. :D Whether or not it is published in scientific journals (which, no, of course not...science is after all based in the rationalistic observation of the natural world and hence necessarily bound by it, while God is both within and outside of the natural world, and hence not necessarily bound by anything) is, in this view, entirely immaterial.

That's not in disagreement with what I said, though. Those are miracles. I've experienced more than my share. But each miracle is unique and unpredictable--it's not something that can be repeatedly noted by observation or scientific experiment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.