• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Incredibly long dreams

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm wondering if that is a symptom of something wrong.

I've been having incredibly long dreams recently. The dreams seem like one whole day.

But then I would wake up in the middle of the night and realize, I have only slept 1 hr!!

And then I get back to sleep and get another incredibly long dream, and then wake up and I get back to sleep and so on and so forth.... It certain feels like spending one week in just one night!

Although I'm getting enough sleep otherwise. I still manage to get 8 hrs sleep a day and I feel fine during the day.

And all of the very long dreams so far have been pleasant actually. The only problem is they felt very long and it's making it feel like the days are getting a lot longer for me.

Could be a sign of a problem?

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I've been having incredibly long dreams recently. The dreams seem like one whole day.

But then I would wake up in the middle of the night and realize, I have only slept 1 hr!!

And then I get back to sleep and get another incredibly long dream, and then wake up and I get back to sleep and so on and so forth.... It certain feels like spending one week in just one night!

Although I'm getting enough sleep otherwise. I still manage to get 8 hrs sleep a day and I feel fine during the day.

And all of the very long dreams so far have been pleasant actually. The only problem is they felt very long and it's making it feel like the days are getting a lot longer for me.

hows your diet, and how have you been preparing for sleep (e.g. relax an hour before, taking any sleeping meds, etc.)

I only get that, when either I ate something i shouldnt have too late, or I sleep way too late. Other than that, I sleep through the night.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Some dreams are not just dreams but your spirit walking in the spiritual realm, you get to see what we don’t see in the physical. Dreams with messages tend to be more short and straight to the point, but dreams in the spiritual realm can be long without much meaning or direct messages, but they hold important clues as to what to pray for because you get to see what’s really going on (hidden intentions, people’s real heart). I suggest you start a dream journal (preferably digital), it will help you grow in understanding that dream world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
hows your diet, and how have you been preparing for sleep (e.g. relax an hour before, taking any sleeping meds, etc.)

I only get that, when either I ate something i shouldnt have too late, or I sleep way too late. Other than that, I sleep through the night.

I'm still on the same diet.

What did change recently is I've been sleeping 1 hr earlier (11pm) and spending less time on the computer before sleeping and I'm still making 8 hrs sleep per day.

Its supposed to be healthier right?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some dreams are not just dreams but your spirit walking in the spiritual real, you get to see what we don’t see in the physical. Dreams with messages tend to be more short and straight to the point, but dreams in the spiritual realm can be long without much meaning or direct messages, but they hold important clues as to what to pray for because you get to see what’s really going on (hidden intentions, people’s real heart). I suggest you start a dream journal (preferably digital), it will help you grow in understanding that dream world.

Most of the dreams seem trivial - like spending time at work but nothing stressful, the jobs were easy.

One dream stood out. I am running in the streets of Jeddah, Saudi, half naked and barefoot as a woman wearing something white, it looked like a bridal gown. In Jeddah, doing that meant a prison sentence, it's illegal. There's lots of broken glass on the streets but the sharp glass did not harm nor injure my bare feet. There's also filth in the streets but did not affect me. I was also running so fast, no one could catch up to me. I felt happy because I felt freedom and some soft of invincibility. Strange dream to have as a man but it's overall a pleasant dream.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of the dreams seem trivial - like spending time at work but nothing stressful, the jobs were easy.

One dream stood out. I am running in the streets of Jeddah, Saudi, half naked and barefoot as a woman wearing something white, it looked like a bridal gown. In Jeddah, doing that meant a prison sentence, it's illegal. There's lots of broken glass on the streets but the sharp glass did not harm nor injure my bare feet. There's also filth in the streets but did not affect me. I was also running so fast, no one could catch up to me. I felt happy because I felt freedom and some soft of invincibility. Strange dream to have as a man but it's overall a pleasant dream.

I wonder if the dream is about Jeddah, Saudi and the Lord is showing you the truth in the spirit of how the streets are (dirty and broken). The bridal gown could mean the bride of Christ in that region. People can have territorial authority and most of the time you’ll get to see it in dreams. If you felt free, maybe you can declare that freedom over that area and make a goal of praying over that region to set it free.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm still on the same diet.

What did change recently is I've been sleeping 1 hr earlier (11pm) and spending less time on the computer before sleeping and I'm still making 8 hrs sleep per day.

Its supposed to be healthier right?

It suppose to be, although the point of doing all that is to mentally unwind.

Do you find yourself worrying about things before sleeping?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I'm usually in a blank state of mind an hour before I sleep. I do a quick prayer and I immediately get sleepy after praying.

I think the week before, I wished for time to slow down or even stop for me. May have something to do with it?

• Useful
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Unwinding is important; some Scripture reading last thing at night can be very valuable from a number of perspectives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums