U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I can’t possibly claim to know exactly how God works between the lines of His Word; I can only say how He communicated it to me, and how I was led to interpret it and accept Jesus Christ into my heart. His grace and mercy is far beyond our comprehension, I’m sure. I do remember hearing something about Billy Graham creating quite a stir over his comment.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If one completely ignores Paul and many of the things Jesus said like " I am the way ...." one might be able to convince oneself that works and good intentions alone can save one.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
MacArthur kind of exemplifies the damned if you do, damned if you don't predicament the Catholic Church faces. If I'm thinking of the right guy, MacArthur also lambasted the Church based on his understanding of extra Ecclesiam nulla salus.

As to his specific objection, the Church allows for the possibility for salvation of those with invincible ignorance of Our Lord. If their life circumstances prevent them from hearing the gospel, these might still be saved. And if such a thing is possible, Christ will still be the one who saves them. Explicit faith in Him simply won't be the catalyst of salvation in these special cases. But their Savior remains the only name given under Heaven by which we might be saved.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If one completely ignores Paul and many of the things Jesus said like " I am the way ...." one might be able to convince oneself that works and good intentions alone can save one.

While all salvation is ultimately through Christ, I see no reason to think that explicit belief is a requirement for salvation. Do you believe people in the Old Testament were saved?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While all salvation is ultimately through Christ, I see no reason to think that explicit belief is a requirement for salvation. Do you believe people in the Old Testament were saved?

If they were it was not because of anything they did.

Upvote 0