Inclusions in meteorite older than Solar System (≈7.5 billion years old)

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How can there be stardust from 7,5b year ago on earth if the earth is only 6000 years old or so
just in case you were serious , the universe is almost 14 billion years old . So,of course, space dust can be older than the earth. The earth is about 4.5 billion years old, by the way .

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Conclusion
A straightforward reading of the biblical genealogies from the reliable Masoretic Text shows that Adam was created about 4000 BC and that the Flood occurred around 2500 BC. Contextual, linguistic and historical analyses of the book of Genesis confirm that the chronogenealogies are a complete record with no gaps. Creationists who wish to push back the date of the Flood and Creation to fit their geological or archaeological theories have no grounds to do this based on the biblical record. They should rather look to their scientific theories to see where the discrepancies lie.

Lol. The scientific theories are FAR, FAR more rigorous than a straightforward reading of the biblical genealogies. So if the author is correct that the genealogies are intended to be ungapped, and a history of the earth...well...then the authors of the Bible simply fabricated it.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An English geologist by the name of William Pengelly proved that modern humans have been here a lot longer than 6000 years back during the 19 century . The young earth been a dead issue for way over a century . (I found out about Mr Pengelly from, of all things , a fantasy novel and I looked him up. Wikipedia has an article about him)

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Just because Earth is only 7 billion years old doesn't mean that asteroids can't be older. Also it has been proven that the "Great Flood" never happened..Also Miller and Ureys experiment testing about what life on earth was like 5 billion years ago. Thats why I hope my nephew is taught the proper way the earth was created and not the lies that creationists spout.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just because Earth is only 7 billion years old doesn't mean that asteroids can't be older. Also it has been proven that the "Great Flood" never happened..Also Miller and Ureys experiment testing about what life on earth was like 5 billion years ago. Thats why I hope my nephew is taught the proper way the earth was created and not the lies that creationists spout.
let me fix this a little :) Earth is about 4.5 billion years old . Miller Urey proved that inorganic chemicals can produce organic compounds like amino acids with the addition of energy. As an aside we find a lot of these in outer space too. It wasn’t life but the precursors of life that they produced

you’re correct that there’s no evidence for the Flood

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you’re correct that there’s no evidence for the Flood

Sure there is. It just wasn't covering the entire planet. But it was pretty big and would definitely have seemed to be 'the end of the world' for the people living there at the time.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sure there is. It just wasn't covering the entire planet. But it was pretty big and would definitely have seemed to be 'the end of the world' for the people living there at the time.
Can you show us this evidence? Need to see evidence that "the mountains of Ararat" were once covered by a flood, for instance. Since that's what the story claims, any other local flood doesn't really count.

Let's get this clear up front - when talking about the Flood, the reference is specifically to the story in Genesis. That story makes claims about specific things, so that is the story that needs to be supported. Big floods elsewhere are not the Flood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you show us this evidence? Need to see evidence that "the mountains of Ararat" were once covered by a flood, for instance. Since that's what the story claims, any other local flood doesn't really count.

Let's get this clear up front - when talking about the Flood, the reference is specifically to the story in Genesis. That story makes claims about specific things, so that is the story that needs to be supported. Big floods elsewhere are not the Flood.

Even today, no one can agree on precisely which mountains were being referred to. Names of places change over time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,256.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I don't a debate about the many vast floods that undoubtedly happened in the Tigris and Euphrates river valley to the ancestors of the Semetic peoples should be in doubt... and are certainly not really relevant to a discussion of ancient asteroids.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,358.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't a debate about the many vast floods that undoubtedly happened in the Tigris and Euphrates river valley to the ancestors of the Semetic peoples should be in doubt... and are certainly not really relevant to a discussion of ancient asteroids.
But surely this sincere attempt of yours to bring the thread back to the subject laid out in the title and Opening Post is in direct opposition to the long established practices of rambling irrelevancies interminable waffle that we here on CF have grown to know and love?

Upvote 0