Incentives for Doctors for giving Vaccines?

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Having been a manager at a retail store, someone had the idea of getting rid of older and less efficient stock by offering incentives to employees who moved it.

Do you see that as analogous to the doctor-insurance scenario?

I do, honestly. I have thought about similar analogies before. And all morality aside, what you do is perfectly fine. You did your job, and likely better than 90% of other retailers and retail managers.

The main problem, however, is that clothes, belts, accessories, files, etc. are not living, breathing entities with a conscious, and intelligent mind. You have (perhaps) inadvertently highlighted another large qualm I have with the OP in a more elegant way: doctors treat patients like files in the office, or old stock material in a warehouse. There is no way I am going to pay $800 for an ambulance chauffeur, and then tens of thousands of dollars in medical costs only to go to a doctor that deigns to help me - whose motivation for helping me partially comes from an insurance company providing a capital incentive. That is trading and commoditizing human well-being life on a fundamental level.

• Agree
Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I was not aware any insurance covers homeopathy. That insurance seems...unwise to purchase.
I don't recall speaking of homeopathy in this thread.

That being said, it shouldn't be surprising that pseudoscience remedies didn't do anything.

Were you expecting it to?
Yes ... when I was less informed, I expected more from allopathic pseudoscience.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I do, honestly. I have thought about similar analogies before. And all morality aside, what you do is perfectly fine. You did your job, and likely better than 90% of other retailers and retail managers.

The main problem, however, is that clothes, belts, accessories, files, etc. are not living, breathing entities with a conscious, and intelligent mind. You have (perhaps) inadvertently highlighted another large qualm I have with the OP in a more elegant way: doctors treat patients like files in the office, or old stock material in a warehouse. There is no way I am going to pay $800 for an ambulance chauffeur, and then tens of thousands of dollars in medical costs only to go to a doctor that deigns to help me - whose motivation for helping me partially comes from an insurance company providing a capital incentive. That is trading and commoditizing human well-being life on a fundamental level.
Perfect. Then maybe this will make sense.

In selling the older and less efficient gear, the customers will continue to have more issues and it will cost them more in the long run and their satisfaction levels will decrease.

However, the incentive program the insurance company has the opposite effect. It will increase the patients (customers) well-being (satisfaction levels) and cost the insurance company less in the long run.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't recall speaking of homeopathy in this thread.

Yes ... when I was less informed, I expected more from allopathic pseudoscience.
Allopathic medicine was coined by the creator of homeopathy.

I guess I should ask for clarification on what you mean and is entailed by "allopathy"?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Allopathic medicine was coined by the creator of homeopathy.

I guess I should ask for clarification on what you mean and is entailed by "allopathy"?
I define "allopathy" as the dominant Western system involved mainly with symptom management, primarily through the use of synthethic, patented drugs.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I define "allopathy" as the dominant Western system involved mainly with symptom management, primarily through the use of synthethic, patented drugs.
And what is an example of Natropathy? Like, what thing did it have you do for your conditions?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
And what is an example of Natropathy? Like, what thing did it have you do for your conditions?
I will not go into detail because of reasons regarding law, but suffice it to say - in context of the OP - it deprived allopaths and the insurance companies all of whom would likely had benefited far more significantly if I had remained under their supervision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I will not go into detail because of reasons regarding law, but suffice it to say - in context of the OP - it deprived allopaths and the insurance companies all of whom would likely had benefited far more significantly if I had remained under their supervision.
Interesting.

What law prevents you from speaking about what allopaths use to treat conditions?

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought you were asking about naturopathic treatments, not allopathic methods.
Woops. Yes, I meant naturopathic.

What law prevents you from speaking about what naturopathics use to treat conditions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Perfect. Then maybe this will make sense.

In selling the older and less efficient gear, the customers will continue to have more issues and it will cost them more in the long run and their satisfaction levels will decrease.

However, the incentive program the insurance company has the opposite effect. It will increase the patients (customers) well-being (satisfaction levels) and cost the insurance company less in the long run.

Unfortunately, the same model doesn't map equally to live, human beings that are unpredictable, intelligent and their own moral agents.

Also, we actually don't know on a case by case, or overall basis, whether or not it does actually help. A human biological generation is at least 40 years, so it is no surprise (to me) the culture of allergies, alleged autism spectrum, and aggressive diseases coming out now - almost exactly 40 years after the MMR vaccine became mandatory. We use mice and lab animals because we dont have to wait as long to see the changes in generations. The "satisfaction" levels are also subjective, as most of the "eligible" people getting these shots are pre-pubescent.

And, as said, it is very profitable for insurance companies to be the middle man - in healthcare, and other industries (auto insurance, for example.) The insurance companies lobby pharmaceuticals on their own, and they do a dance to establish a price the insurance company is fine taking. The payers take most of the risk.

But, if someone is chronically ill, they are dependent on healthcare and insurance - because part of the song and dance pharmaceutical and insurance companies do is make sure a customer wouldn't dare stop paying for insurance, and try to get medications on their own. The prices are set so that "insurers" become the only resort for chronically ill persons.

I wasn't explicit before, but I am talking about real commodities - "futures" of healthcare. A chronic, paying customer will stay a paying customer, but a healthy person can always change insurance carriers that offer minimal coverage, or not get insurance at all. (I am not the only one disillusioned with the entire medical and insurance industry.) Moreover, healthier people are more likely to move than a chronically ill person that had grown comfortable with their healthcare, and doctor.

So, over the long term insurance companies profit hugely on chronically ill patients - especially those who depend on insurance for medication. Healthy people are traded as if you are short-selling, and chronically ill patients are traded as commodities. Both of those are ideal for their respective capitalistic trading vector. Acute illness patients, or patients that need surgeries do not fit in this category.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
How did you know you had cardiovascular disease and insulin insensativity?
(Besides what the allopathic practitioners told me years before ...) Empirical observation & from results of tests I ordered for myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Haha
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Unfortunately, the same model doesn't map equally to live, human beings that are unpredictable, intelligent and their own moral agents.

Also, we actually don't know on a case by case, or overall basis, whether or not it does actually help. A human biological generation is at least 40 years, so it is no surprise (to me) the culture of allergies, alleged autism spectrum, and aggressive diseases coming out now - almost exactly 40 years after the MMR vaccine became mandatory. We use mice and lab animals because we dont have to wait as long to see the changes in generations. The "satisfaction" levels are also subjective, as most of the "eligible" people getting these shots are pre-pubescent.

Correlation does not equal causation, and there is no evidence supporting that. I'm not getting into how there are several things that are incorrect in the above.

And, as said, it is very profitable for insurance companies to be the middle man - in healthcare, and other industries (auto insurance, for example.) The insurance companies lobby pharmaceuticals on their own, and they do a dance to establish a price the insurance company is fine taking. The payers take most of the risk.

But, if someone is chronically ill, they are dependent on healthcare and insurance - because part of the song and dance pharmaceutical and insurance companies do is make sure a customer wouldn't dare stop paying for insurance, and try to get medications on their own. The prices are set so that "insurers" become the only resort for chronically ill persons.

I wasn't explicit before, but I am talking about real commodities - "futures" of healthcare. A chronic, paying customer will stay a paying customer, but a healthy person can always change insurance carriers that offer minimal coverage, or not get insurance at all. (I am not the only one disillusioned with the entire medical and insurance industry.) Moreover, healthier people are more likely to move than a chronically ill person that had grown comfortable with their healthcare, and doctor.

So, over the long term insurance companies profit hugely on chronically ill patients - especially those who depend on insurance for medication. Healthy people are traded as if you are short-selling, and chronically ill patients are traded as commodities. Both of those are ideal for their respective capitalistic trading vector. Acute illness patients, or patients that need surgeries do not fit in this category.
If someone is chronically ill, the things in the incentives program wouldn't keep them ill. It would reverse it (as best it could).

That would be a good thing for the patient.

I'm not seeing the bad side, other than it being "suspicious".

Upvote 0