In your opinion, would you say that this Billboard is effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Your thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

• PlannedParenthood (small).jpg
    PlannedParenthood (small).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 84

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that may exactly be the point. Just enough to get you intrigued and go look at the site. Those with closed minds just wouldn't care anyway.
Using words like that automatically put people on the defensive that are pro PP.

The first thought that pops into a person's mind is religious nuts again.

That is my point.

I think it could had been done better & still get the point across.

It would be like me riding along in my car & seeing a BB that says the RCC lies.

It's not going to make me real receptive to the message behind the BB.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ineffective; its got a tabloid feel to it. Had they chosen different words, I think it could be more effective.
As Filia Mariae said, it has too much of a tabloid feel to it. Perhaps if it were reworded it would be better.

Upvote 0
Z

zhilan

I like the adds with a baby on it and it says things like, "Did you know I had a heart beat X amount of time after conception?" Or "Did you know I had finger prints X weeks after conception?" I think they are good because they give people some information that makes you stop and think without putting them on the defensive. It's simple and to the point. And a lot of people don't realize how early babies are developed. I'm totally pro-life but I didn't realize how early things happened before seeing the boards. =)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd say no. The website address is not easy to remember at all. Beyond that, it could work.

I agree. Something like "JennifersTestimony.COM" would be easier to remember.

Perhaps "Learn the truth about Planned Parenthood" would be an easier message to swallow, and yet remain bold enough to get your attention.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I saw another one outside New London, Connecticut last night. Three kids, a mom and a quote: "Thank you mommie for letting us live".

I didn't notice it. A relative was driving. She spotted it a long ways off as we made a turn away from it and said..."That's horrible".

I didn't say anything. Sigh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.