• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

In Wonder

Discussion in 'Christian Music' started by MonicaNeva, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MonicaNeva

MonicaNeva Regular Member

+24
    Christian
    Married
    Hey, do you guys know the song called "In Wonder?" The Newsboys sing it, and it goes, "Such a wonder..."? And it's been number 5 on the charts for the past several weeks, so it's become quite a popular song. But did you know that it was written and recorded by a band called "Magnify" in New Zealand four years ago? The Magnify band won an award for that album in the New Zealand Music Awards of 2004, and now the band has moved to Australia. Ric Knott, the lead singer of Magnify, helped to rewrite the song for the Newsboys' album Go. I just found all this interesting. And I really enjoyed hearing Magnify's version of the song. They have a profile page on MySpace, at http://www.myspace.com/magnifyband, if you're interested in knowing more.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. swingnscream

swingnscream more music - dance our troubles away

+176
    Christian Seeker
    wow I didn't know that the Newsboys were getting too old to write their own songs. Well it's good thing they have friends to share with them and help them out.
    :D j/k

3. Million Pieces

Million Pieces SHMILY

+2,814
    Christian
    Married
    If you take the time to look at the cd credits, you will notice that Knott is credited with the primary authorship of the song. I heard newsboys play it live once, and it was a big hit with the crowd then. I don't think they are playing it this year, I would have to find a set list from a recent show.

I really do like the song, it's one of my favourites on the Go cd.

I can probably count on both hands how many songs Furler/Taylor have NOT authored over the course of 22 years and 16 records. It doesnt' mean they're too old, it means they know the value of honouring God's gifts of talents to other artists. LOL

4. shezshy

shezshy Contributor

+580
    Anglican
    Married
    Funny,I was just listening to it.