In what ways can we Christians apologize to Jews?

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mr. Ken Rank wrote a letter to an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi.....
in my opinion this letter increased the love quotient between Jews and Christians.....

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I try my best to keep the subject of Christian support for the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple in front of other Christians for discussion.

A Yom Kippur Repentance From a Devout Non-Jew and My Jewish Response

Reactions: Nige55

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
in my opinion this letter increased the love quotient between Jews and Christians.....

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I try my best to keep the subject of Christian support for the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple in front of other Christians for discussion.

In not a minority of Christians believe the rebuilding of the temple of David is one of the final things needed to fulfill prophecy for the end times, to fulfill the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

I'm saying good nor bad about it, only that when I see it rebuilt I will know the end is imminent.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe that Grant R. Jeffrey Ph. D. has done a great job of assisting Jews and Christians to take several steps toward each other through his books.

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

"The Sacrificial System Will Continue

One of the most perplexing ideas to students of Scripture is the idea that God intends that the annual feasts, along with animal sacrifice, will continue into the Millennium. Many Christians who have studied the prophetic portions of Zechariah 14, Isaiah 66, and Ezekiel 40 - 48, which clearly describe these Millennial worship ordinations, are confused by the idea. They ask, "Didn't the sacrifice of Christ eliminate animal sacrifices forever?"

............"Only the complete sacrifice of Jesus could ever totally atone for our sins. However, God clearly demanded the sacrifices from Adam to Christ. Those sacrifices were acts of obedience to the direct command of God, as well as acknowledgements of one's own personal sinfulness and need for God's forgiveness. Animal sacrifices covered the sins of the people temporarily until the prophesied Messiah would come and offer Himself once and for all as the necessary atonement for sin. If animal sacrifice can never atone for sin, why would God allow Israel to resume such sacrifice in the Third Temple, prior to Armageddon, and then demand that Israel continue such sacrifice in the Millennium? There are two reasons why I believe this is true."

First, the early Jewish - Christian Church continued to offer sacrifices in the first century.".......

.......Second, New Testament writers used the legal sacrificial system to illustrate very important points concerning Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.......

..... These examples of the way early Jewish believers used God's law to teach great love when He sacrificed His only Son on the cross will be repeated during the Millennium." (Grant R. Jeffrey, Messiah, War in the Middle East and the Road to Armageddon, page 317, 318 and 319)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In not a minority of Christians believe the rebuilding of the temple of David is one of the final things needed to fulfill prophecy for the end times, to fulfill the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

I'm saying good nor bad about it, only that when I see it rebyilt I will know the end is imminent.

But doesn't that really mean that we are now closer to a world where lions eat straw like an ox and wolves can be trusted with your sheep?

near-death.
com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a04

Howard Storm Ph. D.: "The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony." (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death)

Howard Storm Ph. D. is a former Atheist who had a near death experience in 1985 and has since then became a Christian pastor.

Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But doesn't that really mean that we are now closer to a world where lions eat straw like an ox and wolves can be trusted with your sheep?

near-death.
com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a04

Howard Storm Ph. D. is a former Atheist who had a near death experience in 1985 and has since then became a Christian pastor.

Yes, it does, but it also means an end to the times we can witness to others.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, it does, but it also means an end to the times we can witness to others.

An excellent point indeed!

Yes..... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus has delayed and delayed latter day events this time around so that more of the lost can be reached.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why we would have to apologize to jews. What did we do? Not my fault for what others do to them. With that said I will always defend them, especially to those who make jew jokes and think its funny. If any christian does not love the jews then I wouldn't want to stand behind them on judgment day.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

That command was given to the apostles.. read it again..
love ONE ANOTHER. It was a command for us to love those that are disciples of His
Jesus did not tell us to love those that reject Him.

You gave a very casual interpretation when you employed that text to support your point

I support Israel, and the Jewish people but one must carefully handle the word of God.
Israel know that Christians support them

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In not a minority of Christians believe the rebuilding of the temple of David is one of the final things needed to fulfill prophecy for the end times, to fulfill the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.I'm saying good nor bad about it, only that when I see it rebuilt I will know the end is imminent.

I am sure the end is imminent and confident no one will
have any idea the century, day, or the hour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What did Christians do to Jews again that we owe an apology?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 27:24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood, he said. “It is your responsibility!” 25 All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!” 26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Aside from the fact that these verses are extremely questionable historically, the words above that I bolded have been used time and time again over the centuries to justify the persecution of the Jews when in fact the Jews had very little to do with the death of Jesus. Since then millions of Jews have been murdered in the name of Jesus often being encouraged from the pulpit. It continues today. If you haven't noticed it, you must be asleep.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since then millions of Jews have been murdered in the name of Jesus often being encouraged from the pulpit. It continues today. If you haven't noticed it, you must be asleep.
Not asleep, just not going to the wrong churches. I've been going to churches all my life and have *never* heard such garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not asleep, just not going to the wrong churches. I've been going to churches all my life and have *never* heard such garbage.

Most churches today are very conscious about being tainted with anti-Semitism but it still can be found. I am happy that you have not been exposed to it.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That command was given to the apostles.. read it again..
love ONE ANOTHER. It was a command for us to love those that are disciples of His
Jesus did not tell us to love those that reject Him.

You gave a very casual interpretation when you employed that text to support your point

I support Israel, and the Jewish people but one must carefully handle the word of God.
Israel know that Christians support them

Do you not remember the story of thegood Samaratan? The Samarians were seen as enemies to that one he helped.

Reactions: jaybird88
Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just corrected poor hermeneutics.. The ORDER to love ONE ANOTHER was given to the apostles ..

Just as no one can keep the 10 commandments no one can keep the summary of Jesus to "love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself" ... Just as our inability to keep the 10 commandments teaches us that we need a Savior , our inability to love God with our whole heart and our neighbor as ourselves shows us we need a Savior..

Being kind and helping those that need it are Christian actions , but they serve no purpose without presenting the gospel ...

Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just corrected poor hermeneutics.. The ORDER to love ONE ANOTHER was given to the apostles ..

Just as no one can keep the 10 commandments no one can keep the summary of Jesus to "love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself" ... Just as our inability to keep the 10 commandments teaches us that we need a Savior , our inability to love God with our whole heart and our neighbor as ourselves shows us we need a Savior..

Being kind and helping those that need it are Christian actions , but they serve no purpose without presenting the gospel ...

Jesus replied to a man, not an apostle in Matthew:19

Matthew 19:16
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 “Which ones?” he inquired. Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’”

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If a person has personally unjustly offended a Jew they should apologive to them...

But it is evil to apologise for another persons actions or deeds to a person who has not been affected by they persons actions or deeds.

Upvote 0