Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard about this news conference he had on May 31st? with FEMA?

Now-Obama-Warns-Americans-to-Be-Prepared-for-Disaster...-What-Does-He-Know-676x374.jpg

He explained that it was up to each citizen to be prepared for disasters. This preparation should extend to “having an evacuation plan” and “having a fully stocked disaster supply kit.”

You can read more here.

Reactions: brinny

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I like this article better:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...sks-residents-to-stay-vigilant/5321464714308/

The other had some conspiracy stuff.

I liked this part:

"It is every citizen's responsibility to be prepared for a disaster," he said. "That means taking proactive steps, like having an evacuation plan, having a fully stocked disaster supply kit."

That is what this forum is about - being prepared for disasters or other difficulties be they financial, environmental, grid failure and more.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's interesting.

As for myself, I'm not as prepared as I should be. I found that out last week when the power went out and I only had two almost-used-up candles. Now I've bought 30 for the next time it happens.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting, but it has nothing to do with conspiracies. The CDC and our government has been committed to getting the word out on disaster preparedness for a long time. I'm glad to see that our President is using his platform to get the word out too. I suppose it isn't news to me because I've had disaster preparedness training and know plenty of people that can/will be activated by FEMA in case of a disaster.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, I thought it would be of interest to those in this forum.
Very interesting Lulav! Thanks for sharing. I was surprised to see that announcement from the President. It is a welcome development.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's interesting.

As for myself, I'm not as prepared as I should be. I found that out last week when the power went out and I only had two almost-used-up candles. Now I've bought 30 for the next time it happens.
Nice. My son bought us 4 lantern/lamps with solar charging or batter power. You can also charge devices with the USB out.
Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0