Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought creating a new thread where we could talk about current news items would be nice.

Have you all heard? Pat Robertson has called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez?! You can read an article about it here.
True, Chavez isn't Mr. Innocent Nice Guy, he just recently declared America was his enemy; but since when did supposedly God-fearing evangelists start promoting murder? Is this the way the U.S. should handle things? I don't think so. There hasn't even been negotiations with Chavez yet and Robertson already wants to have him killed?

This is also being reported by the Chicago Tribune and TimesDispatch; so I know it is a legitimate news item.

Any thoughts?

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's horrible to say, but it's nothing shocking to me coming from Robertson. He's dangerous, even more so than Chavez in my opinion, because at least Chavez isn't covering his evilness with a "cloak of Christianity". You know what you are dealing with where Chavez is concerned.

Pres. Bush better get a handle on Robertson, before he causes a national incident.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Pale--boy--very interesting huh??? I am wondering if we are allowed to be saying this in this room? I'm not too clear on the rules. Sometimes I think the lines blur a little. But, having said that--since that guy posted a sermon in this forum--I was wondering if you could somehow--or if you thought it appropriate--play that tape with Falwell bashing the Amazing Facts ppl/ Adventists?? If may be a bit too inflamatory--maybe pass it to one of the mods and see what they think first. It's up to you.

Robertson gets way too radical at times--I don't think that he thinks things thru well enough. But I doubt Bush saying too much to the "Christian Coalition" since they were a major influence in his two elections--oh yeah--and the 43 MILLION he got in SOFT money from the pharmacuetical boys!! Which explains why he signed that bill that from now on one could sue a drug company!!! Wow--CARD BLANC to kill!!! Thank you Mine Fhurer (sp)!!!!!!

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Speaking of news items--I thought I would post this poem that Judge Moore composed. You know Sassy--that Judge that got fired for putting up the ten commandments in the court house?? I thought this poem was appropriate for our times!!

America the Beautiful,
or so you used to be.
Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
Abortion on demand,
Oh, sweet land of liberty;
your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
poisoned by cocaine,
Choosing to indulge their lusts,
when God has said abstain.

From sea to shining sea,
our Nation turns away
From the teaching of God's love
and a need to always pray.

We've kept God in our temples,
how callous we have grown.
When earth is but His footstool,
and Heaven is His throne.

We've voted in a government
that's rotting at the core,
Appointing Godless Judges
who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
in a well deserved tomb,
But brave enough to kill a baby
before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not angry,
that our land's a moral slum?
How much longer will He wait
before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
from Whom we cannot hide?
What then is left for us to do,
but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
will humbly turn and pray;
Seek His holy face
and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven
and forgive us of our sins,
He'll heal our sickly land
and those who live within.

But,
America the Beautiful,
if you don't - then you will see,
A sad but Holy God
withdraw His hand from Thee.

~Judge Roy Moore

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Robertson is a touch more than radical in my opinion. This is not the first time that he's gone "over the line"....WAY over the line.

Falwell's a jerk, and I may get "warned" for this one as well, but in all honesty I haven't heard much out of him in quite awhile.

No, Bush won't say anything....he won't cut off the hand that feeds him. Who knows how much farther Robertson will take this if he's not chopped off at the knees.

I just shuddered...I can remember when he was running for President. E-GAD!

Upvote 0