Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I am coming to a place where I could understand. I want to read and pray more before I put what I think this all means into words. I do not agree with one of the Catholic posters and I do have more questions. I will ask them later if I can not resolve it.

Thanks for the prayers.

Human nature is funny. When I could not deal with my own salvation because it became just too much... I instead went over to work on the Atheist in the apologetic forum. It is sure a lot easier on a person to fix someone else than yourself. :)

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Human nature is funny. When I could not deal with my own salvation because it became just too much... I instead went over to work on the Atheist in the apologetic forum. It is sure a lot easier on a person to fix someone else than yourself.

Isn't that the truth...

God Bless,

Neal

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ah, green tea! I like it iced instead of hot, though. :)

Bruno, sacramentally speaking all priests have received the Holy Spirit, and the authority through Apostolic Succession to confer absolution, regardless of their own spiritual state. IOW, I don't consider my Confessor as a man, I don't even think of him as a person at all. He is a link, in a long chain of unbroken succession to the Apostles themselves, and through them to Christ. Scripture is very clear that the Apostles were given the authority to 'bind and loose'(Matthew18:18) and 'forgive or retain'(John20:22-23). There is no question of it. Scripture is also clear that the Apostles had the ability to add to their number and convey their authority (Acts1:20-26).

Sorry if this seems abrubt or disjointed. It has taken me about 45 min to write it because the kids have decided to play 'Pass the Mommy'. As soon as one gets done with me, the next one steps up. :) I will try to clarify if you have any questions.

Peace be with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.