• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

In Obama's own words

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by ~RENEE~, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tehilla

Tehilla Regular Member

+235
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Never planned on voting for him anyways. And I made up my mind before all of that. I just notice a lot of things he says are barbs and beautiful words for a campain. McCain has his flaws too. I might start looking at third party lol I'll pray first.

3. Alpine

Alpine Resident Sojourner

+453
    Christian
    Married
    Not that I support him, but I'd be interested in knowing what the context of those quotes are.

I suspect that if many of us wrote biographies about the things we thought at 13 would not at all be the same way we think now. All I see here is how he thought at a young age. It has to be especially hard for a kid who was mixed racially.

4. Svt4Him

Svt4Him Legend Supporter

+1,078
    Non-Denom
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    I saw a quote that talked about his grandmother. He said...oh, I'll get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkAI5YNrVvc

I love that, she's "a typical white person". I'm glad I'm not American, as I don't know who there is to vote for.

5. Lotuspetal_uk

Lotuspetal_uk Say 'CHEESE!!!!'

+1,169
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Private
    :thumbsup:Likewise, there are other areas (other than race) that do not rest well with me about either candidate.

But as you said, as a teacher I've seen so many mixed heritaged children who go through a period of time where they polarise towards a particular parental ethnic origin but which balances out as they gain more life experiences with getting older. Especially if the child experiences a not so nice incident at the hands of someone who shares one parent's race.

I've seen it both ways - children who in their teens favour their white parent's race as well as the other way around.

Like you I felt those quotes immediately spoke out to me in terms of context.

6. Hisgirl

Hisgirl Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace

+464
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    My previous real estate agent told me the same thing..."When I'm walking down the street and two young black men are walking behind me, I get scared."

She was black.

I hear the 'N' word all the time from rap singers.

They have all been black.

Is there some double standard if your skin isn't white?

When I researched Obama's stance on abortion, he lost any chance of respect from me. His fight was to secure the right for a doctor performing a late abortion, to kill the infant if it were to be born alive. Not to mention his total lack of experience. He's a newbie on the political scene and not even barely qualified to run this country.

7. tobethebest

tobethebest Veteran

+62
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Republican
    Neither Obama nor McCain have the right or the ability to run this country. Liberal, as he may be, I'm voting for Ralph Nader.

McCain called his wife a very unflattering name and Obama clearly is inexperienced in government and would damage our country beyond repair.

They both need to bow out gracefully and live among their people, whoever they may be. Just stay out of my neighborhood.

Denny

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  8. Alpine

+453
    Christian
    Married
    Really? I think the qualifications in the constitution are:

• be a natural born citizen of the United States;
    • be at least thirty-five years old;
    • have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

9. pinetree

pinetree Well-Known Member

+662
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]
    getting kinda scary...:eek:

10. NewSong

NewSong ♪♫♫♪♫

+3,919
    Christian
    Private
    Renee and I discussed this and she sent me a PM and said go ahead and post the information.

I was sent the same information in my email as Renee posted. For some reason I checked it out and it isn't because I didn't think a politician was capable of saying things but because I didn't want to think the things unless they were truly what he wrote.

Please check out what snopes has to say regarding the OP! It is distorted and out of context and someone twisted a sentence or two for their own purpose. It was not Renee obviously since we have all been getting the emails.

Here is the link for those of you who wish to know there is another side. By the way I am not endorsing Obama and endorsing another individual. I am simply trying to sort through the lies and deceptions of all the stuff that comes through as McCain or Obama or Clinton

Thank you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

11. mrguitar

mrguitar Senior Veteran

+538
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sorry this isn't about Obama. I really don't like him and I don't want get started on him...lol....

but a serious question.

Is McCain a Christian? I honestly have no idea.

12. pinetree

pinetree Well-Known Member

+662
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    hey buddy:wave:,how was France??

he is a Christian,but I dont know much more though about it.

13. Alpine

+453
    Christian
    Married

I'm fascinated that people post email forwards on here at all. My unscientific guess would be that 80% of forwards are untrue anyway. Yet we see so many forwards posted on CF every week.I wish people researched the forwards they get before forwarding them to people or posting them on public forums.

14. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    Mods since this is wrong please close

thax

15. mrguitar

mrguitar Senior Veteran

+538
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hey!!!

France was amazing!!!! We had such an awesome time. Thanks for asking!

Good! haha. I have heard, however, that he wasn't one but that was from a friend who is sometimes slow. lol.

God Bless!!

16. Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Moriah_Conquering_Wind Well-Known Member

+1,949
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you, New Song, for having the courage to post the TRUTH in opposition to the crowd. It's just a shame some don't want to be confused by facts because they have already made up their minds. Too bad in November they will have to eat their words. ;)

17. Alpine

+453
    Christian
    Married
    Closed at the request of the OP
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.