planet earth
✟40,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I committed a sin over a week ago and I know what I did was wrong.
I confessed and am repenting but I am held captive. I’m not sure how to express what I am dealing with.. it’s been a journey since Jesus came into my life 3 years ago and this past year has been rough for me been from tribulation to the next and the enemy seems to have the upper hand in my life. The Lord has been present throughout it but it’s been very distressing... the Lord set me free from my besetting sins and the enemy seems to still have this right over my life.. and i seem to always be in captivity.. the Lord has delivered me in times past but it’s like psalms 13 how long O Lord? Am troubled by my enemies and now that I have sinned it’s like I can never take hold on my Savior....

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sometimes people we know can make our lives so miserable that being unable to cope, we fall into bad behavior. We have to beg God to help us, sometimes for a few years or however long it takes. Keep asking God for help. Don't give up. My life is better than it was in the eighties. God really did help me.

Reactions: t4inted-
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I confessed and am repenting but I am held captive. I’m not sure how to express what I am dealing with.. it’s been a journey since Jesus came into my life 3 years ago and this past year has been rough for me been from tribulation to the next and the enemy seems to have the upper hand in my life. The Lord has been present throughout it but it’s been very distressing... the Lord set me free from my besetting sins and the enemy seems to still have this right over my life.. and i seem to always be in captivity.. the Lord has delivered me in times past but it’s like psalms 13 how long O Lord? Am troubled by my enemies and now that I have sinned it’s like I can never take hold on my Savior....
I feel your pain and jesus loves you and he is forgiving. I keep worrying also about the unpardonable sin by a hallucination. We should pray for each other.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Having a besetting sin is no fun but it adds to the pain if you allow your sin to dominate your thinking. Once you have confessed, God will cleanse and then forget your sin. That does not mean to take it lightly. Kicking yourself constantly is no help. You need to forgive yourself. This link will help:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

I had a sin that I could not overcome. I sought the Lord and He said to me very simply, "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." I was blaming myself but God showed me that it was the enemy. It is not a sin to be tempted. So from then on, the moment I began to have thoughts that I should not have, I commanded Satan to get off my mind and my imagination. I declared my will on the matter was to not sin. I failed from time to time but nothing like the constant cycle of defeat I's suffered before.

• Useful
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having a besetting sin is no fun but it adds to the pain if you allow your sin to dominate your thinking. Once you have confessed, God will cleanse and then forget your sin. That does not mean to take it lightly. Kicking yourself constantly is no help. You need to forgive yourself. This link will help:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

I had a sin that I could not overcome. I sought the Lord and He said to me very simply, "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." I was blaming myself but God showed me that it was the enemy. It is not a sin to be tempted. So from then on, the moment I began to have thoughts that I should not have, I commanded Satan to get off my mind and my imagination. I declared my will on the matter was to not sin. I failed from time to time but nothing like the constant cycle of defeat I's suffered before.
Thank You Aussie Pete this forum is really encouraging.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the Lord set me free from my besetting sins and the enemy seems to still have this right over my life.. and i seem to always be in captivity.. the Lord has delivered me in times past

He has and he will again.

The problem with favourete sins, is just that they are the ones we enjoy and want to do.

1cor10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

There is nothing strange in being tempted, nothing wrong in being tempted and note we will not be tempted beyond our ability to resist.

So when wee give in, it isbecause we want to.
We have not resisted, not taken the way out of turning the tv, mobile phone computer off or walked away from those tempting us.

emember 1john1:9 God is faithfull and will forgive us our sins and purify us from All unrightousness.

Thank God that he is prepared to put up with us.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He has and he will again.

The problem with favourete sins, is just that they are the ones we enjoy and want to do.

1cor10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

There is nothing strange in being tempted, nothing wrong in being tempted and note we will not be tempted beyond our ability to resist.

So when wee give in, it isbecause we want to.
We have not resisted, not taken the way out of turning the tv, mobile phone computer off or walked away from those tempting us.

emember 1john1:9 God is faithfull and will forgive us our sins and purify us from All unrightousness.

Thank God that he is prepared to put up with us.
So the temptation of the Yellow Cross not being known to man means it is fake and my illness at work since it was a supernatural and too powerful that God would not allow a temptation of salvation so strong like that so it is just my scitzoeffective and I am a beliver still. I am just in a nightmere state from my illness. Thanks for the encouragement.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
KEEP ON DECLARING THE WORD OF GOD AS THIS IS YOUR SPIRITUAL SWORD, I.E JOHN 8:36 "SO IF THE SON SETS YOU FREE, YOU WILL BE FREE INDEED." BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'LL SOON BE OUT OF THE STORM. DO TAKE COURAGE THE LORD IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

Upvote 0

faiths13

Apr 1, 2013
✟7,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi
I noticed you have another post that you mention you were delivered from demonic spirits. I have a past of being in the occult and when I was saved I found many sins I was still struggling with. I cried out and begged God to help me but I could not be set free. It has been a long journey for me and I have done a lot of searching to find out the truth. I highly recommend Derek Prince Ministries' teachings. I think it will point you in the right direction.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi
I noticed you have another post that you mention you were delivered from demonic spirits. I have a past of being in the occult and when I was saved I found many sins I was still struggling with. I cried out and begged God to help me but I could not be set free. It has been a long journey for me and I have done a lot of searching to find out the truth. I highly recommend Derek Prince Ministries' teachings. I think it will point you in the right direction.
I heard Derek Prince preach a few times, many years ago. When he comes on the Christian channel, I watch him more than anyone else. Down to earth, no band to wind up the emotions, powerful, brutally honest and with a touch of humour. For example, "I've been a Pentecostal long enough to know what legalism is". He's written a lot of books. Highly recommended. He knew his authority and power over evil spirits, that's for sure. Every Christian needs to know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums