• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

In need of support.

Discussion in 'Testimonies' started by ablacksheep, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ablacksheep

ablacksheep citizen of heaven

+190
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    I committed a sin over a week ago and I know what I did was wrong.
    I confessed and am repenting but I am held captive. I’m not sure how to express what I am dealing with.. it’s been a journey since Jesus came into my life 3 years ago and this past year has been rough for me been from tribulation to the next and the enemy seems to have the upper hand in my life. The Lord has been present throughout it but it’s been very distressing... the Lord set me free from my besetting sins and the enemy seems to still have this right over my life.. and i seem to always be in captivity.. the Lord has delivered me in times past but it’s like psalms 13 how long O Lord? Am troubled by my enemies and now that I have sinned it’s like I can never take hold on my Savior....

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,803
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Sometimes people we know can make our lives so miserable that being unable to cope, we fall into bad behavior. We have to beg God to help us, sometimes for a few years or however long it takes. Keep asking God for help. Don't give up. My life is better than it was in the eighties. God really did help me.

3. sportsfan

sportsfan Active Member

+295
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I feel your pain and jesus loves you and he is forgiving. I keep worrying also about the unpardonable sin by a hallucination. We should pray for each other.

4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,782
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Having a besetting sin is no fun but it adds to the pain if you allow your sin to dominate your thinking. Once you have confessed, God will cleanse and then forget your sin. That does not mean to take it lightly. Kicking yourself constantly is no help. You need to forgive yourself. This link will help:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

I had a sin that I could not overcome. I sought the Lord and He said to me very simply, "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." I was blaming myself but God showed me that it was the enemy. It is not a sin to be tempted. So from then on, the moment I began to have thoughts that I should not have, I commanded Satan to get off my mind and my imagination. I declared my will on the matter was to not sin. I failed from time to time but nothing like the constant cycle of defeat I's suffered before.

5. sportsfan

sportsfan Active Member

+295
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank You Aussie Pete this forum is really encouraging.

6. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+2,401
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    He has and he will again.

The problem with favourete sins, is just that they are the ones we enjoy and want to do.

1cor10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

There is nothing strange in being tempted, nothing wrong in being tempted and note we will not be tempted beyond our ability to resist.

So when wee give in, it isbecause we want to.
    We have not resisted, not taken the way out of turning the tv, mobile phone computer off or walked away from those tempting us.

emember 1john1:9 God is faithfull and will forgive us our sins and purify us from All unrightousness.

Thank God that he is prepared to put up with us.

7. sportsfan

sportsfan Active Member

+295
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So the temptation of the Yellow Cross not being known to man means it is fake and my illness at work since it was a supernatural and too powerful that God would not allow a temptation of salvation so strong like that so it is just my scitzoeffective and I am a beliver still. I am just in a nightmere state from my illness. Thanks for the encouragement.

8. At Your Footstool

At Your Footstool Cool people hang with Christ Supporter

+203
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    KEEP ON DECLARING THE WORD OF GOD AS THIS IS YOUR SPIRITUAL SWORD, I.E JOHN 8:36 "SO IF THE SON SETS YOU FREE, YOU WILL BE FREE INDEED." BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'LL SOON BE OUT OF THE STORM. DO TAKE COURAGE THE LORD IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

9. faiths13

faiths13 Newbie

+1
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi
    I noticed you have another post that you mention you were delivered from demonic spirits. I have a past of being in the occult and when I was saved I found many sins I was still struggling with. I cried out and begged God to help me but I could not be set free. It has been a long journey for me and I have done a lot of searching to find out the truth. I highly recommend Derek Prince Ministries' teachings. I think it will point you in the right direction.

10. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,782
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I heard Derek Prince preach a few times, many years ago. When he comes on the Christian channel, I watch him more than anyone else. Down to earth, no band to wind up the emotions, powerful, brutally honest and with a touch of humour. For example, "I've been a Pentecostal long enough to know what legalism is". He's written a lot of books. Highly recommended. He knew his authority and power over evil spirits, that's for sure. Every Christian needs to know.