New york
✟15,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello all im.new here. I have a problem ive been battling with all my life. Masturbation. Im embarassed and ashamed to talk about this. Not only that but i watch inappropriate content while i touch..... Buti need help....i want to stop. I find myself going weeks without doing it sometimes a month but then something triggers me and thats it i fall i fail.....i always run to God to ask for forgiveness because i know this is wrong. Its not good at all . but i slip up later on down the road and ask for forgiveness again and again and again. I feel as if ..i dont know i just feel so low and unworthy at times. I want to stop but its hard. I try to do this myself but i go weeks but then i slip up.....please someone i need help i pray everyday and i love God so much but i hide when i commit this disgusting sin. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? Has any gone through this?? God bless you and to him be the glory May He forgive me for my unsightly sin

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You already know this is a sin, that's a good thing.This is my humble advice, try to fast, one day every week without food, only water, if you are able to do it, do it, God will see and He will free you from that sin.Fight temptations as Jesus did, take Him as the best example, remember, He had a 40 days fasting period, you see, fasting is one of the best weapons against the flesh.With time, you will feel how your spirit takes control over your body.Pray to the Father and Jesus to give you their strength, put all your trust in Jesus, He knows that you suffer, He wants you to be free...

I gave you one of the best way to conquer that sin and any sin, now, it depends on you, if you really want to be free.

I am always around if this helps you, praised be the Lord our God, He gave me power to overcame many sins.

Upvote 0

Straw23

May 27, 2017
New york
✟15,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Idk why the thing is i have been doing this ever since i was like 15 and it took mw about maybe a year or less to research that it was a bad thing to do...so its like trying to quit smoking cold turkey .....one time i went SIX MONTHS without doin it ... Fasting i have heard is the best way....perhaps i can do that....however idk how without raising a flag to my fiance as she will ask me why am i not eating...i dont wanna tell her the sin im tryna free myself from...how do i fast ?? Thank u God bless u all...keep comments coming I believe God is giving me these outlets to stop

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Simply, for a day or more, every week, you stop eating at all, just drink water, but you have to do it for God, for being close to Him, not just as a way to free your from this sin, you have to believe that God will help you.Put all your faith in God and pray for His help, believe me, He won't let you down, nor forsake you.I fast a day every week, and I put all my faith in God, the hunger strikes back, the flesh won't lose the battle that easy, but with God, everything is possible.You can be free from this sin, it's very possible, but you have to believe that God can help you, alone, it's just human will.When you fast, ask for God's forgiveness, ask it from all your heart and you will receive it.

I used to suffer from severe depression, anxiety and many other things, but now, I am much better thanks to God!

If you go with my advice, let as know and keep us up to date!

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would recommend that you read Gen 39:12 and see what Joseph did. He was of course not tempted by inappropriate content (not available then), but by the "real thing", and when Potiphar's wife asked him to lie with her while everyone was away, he "left his garment and ran away quickly".

I believe that account is there for a reason, and God was telling us that when sexual temptation comes, the best action is "run away from it". That's what I had to learn.

Reactions: YesMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Straw23

May 27, 2017
New york
✟15,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes u r right.....this problem i have has been plaguing me my whole life and im tired of constantly giving in. I will do the fast at least from midnight until maybe late at night jus not to arouse any suspicion. Or perhaps ill ask her to fast with me. I will also do whatever i can to resist the temptation and ask God for strength.

Upvote 0