Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello CF, haven't posted here in a while.. but I am in need of Godly advice. Here we go:

Alright, I've been on summer break for about a month... And I go to a Christian school, which is full of Christian and Godly influences( there is even worship on Thursdays). Ever since school ended, my fellowship with the Lord does not seem strong at all. I've been brain storming what the problem could be. Here are a few:

1. I picked up World of Warcraft again. I know World of Warcraft is a very controversial issue among Christians, due to occultic references, magic, and demons. But the thing is it's not real witchcraft. I don't even really pay attention to the magic and demons in the game anyway. And I joined a Christian guild. But there is some slight concern if this game is right or wrong to play.

2. Not praying enough. My prayer life is in shambles. When I do pray my prayers are full of fear and condemnation. The thoughts I get are thoughts of that I'm not "Christian" enough to be called a servant of Christ or even deserve Him.

3. Lazy in serving/obedience. I feel I don't do enough serving. Like cleaning up the house, or washing the dishes. And it feels like I put my Christian life on "cruise control". "Going through the motions".

Here are three possible problems with my Christian walk. It could be one of them or even a combination of all three.

• Prayers
Reactions: Roots & Herbs

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
1. I picked up World of Warcraft again. I know World of Warcraft is a very controversial issue among Christians, due to occultic references, magic, and demons. But the thing is it's not real witchcraft. I don't even really pay attention to the magic and demons in the game anyway. And I joined a Christian guild. But there is some slight concern if this game is right or wrong to play.

Games can be fun, as long as they don't use up all your time.

I'm into city-building games now days.

2. Not praying enough. My prayer life is in shambles. When I do pray my prayers are full of fear and condemnation. The thoughts I get are thoughts of that I'm not "Christian" enough to be called a servant of Christ or even deserve Him.

I think alot of us are not worthy. But God makes it so, anyways.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, Gabe. Lay off the WoW. I know to most folks it's seen as harmless, but anything that references the occult is going to have unseen, nuanced ties back to what it refers to. Or presents you with.

Like you said, get into a habit of prayer. Start your day with prayer and worship. It'll go way, way better!

Spend time trying to read a chapter of the Bible per day. Take time out to fuel your soul; then you'll be better prepared to notice, love, and serve the people around you.

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritofaDove
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good to see you again, Gabe
The great thing I see in you is that at your age, you know enough to know when you are on the wrong path.
The Holy Spirit in us convicts us when we do wrong.
1. I don't know enough about to give you any advise on
2. and 3. I think you answered your own question. Spend some more time in prayer, and try to be more helpful around the house. Maybe you could set scheduled times every day for each of those.
God bless you

Upvote 0

HoleyHermit

Jun 20, 2017
Nilvis
✟23,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't be concerned about the fantasy of WoW, but since you feel shallow and unfulfilled you probably need to make some changes somewhere.

Playing WoW seems to be bothering you. Otherwise, why bring it up (even with the justifications). Are you really getting anything out of it, or are you just feeding an addiction and wasting time?

Maybe instead of plowing your time and money into WoW, you could get a prayer book and spend time there. Take the money you save and find some worthy charity or ministry to support. Maybe even spend some of your free time helping.

Turn off the cruise control and shake things up.

Upvote 0

HowRU?

Dec 2, 2016
Houston
✟31,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello Gabe.
For me also, I don't know much about World of Warcraft. Of course, if you have doubts about being involved with it, it's probably the Holy Spirit saying, "Hey Gabe, you really don't want this going into your mind and heart."
As far as prayer, it might help to think of it more like spending time with God. He really longs to spend time with you; you're his son. Not only does he love you, he likes you. I'm the father of a rebellious 18 year old son. Despite that, I still like him, love him and enjoy any time I get to spend with him.
Also, don't let that rat, Satan, lie to you and make you fearful. The battleground is your mind, and his only weapon is lying to you. Satan is a master of half lies joined to half truths. "Christian" enough? Very abstract. In many people's minds this would suggest a pious religiosity, just like the Pharisees. This is something we don't want to be. "enough to be a servant of Christ", this is a more powerful accusation and very sneeky, but remember that in Luke 17:5-10 Jesus reveals that all of us are unworthy in the sense of deserving salvation, since salvation is a gift (John 3:16). We have tremendous worth in God's eyes, but we are still not worthy of the one who died for us. So, undeserving is true, not saved, a lie.
I'm certain that God has already used you in ways you don't even realize, and won't know about until you get to heaven.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello CF, haven't posted here in a while.. but I am in need of Godly advice. Here we go:

Alright, I've been on summer break for about a month... And I go to a Christian school, which is full of Christian and Godly influences( there is even worship on Thursdays). Ever since school ended, my fellowship with the Lord does not seem strong at all. I've been brain storming what the problem could be. Here are a few:

3. Lazy in serving/obedience. I feel I don't do enough serving. Like cleaning up the house, or washing the dishes. And it feels like I put my Christian life on "cruise control". "Going through the motions".

Here are three possible problems with my Christian walk. It could be one of them or even a combination of all three.

The problem is disobedience to God's Word, it teaches us what is godly
and what is ungodly.
Sadly too many believers "sugar-coat" ungodly things so they can do
what God has revealed to us in the Bible what is sinful. That's why so
many get off-track.
God say don't do those things and before you can blink an eye some believer
start sounding like that "snake" in Genesis 3:1.

I read on another thread... "playing games is different because it's not sin
if it's in a game."
Jesus said if you look at a woman to lust after her has
committed adultery with her already in his heart... guilty of adultery even
though there's been no real sex act done.

So, even if the witchcraft isn't real, a person still be guilty of practicing
witchcraft even if they're just playing a game that has them using spells,
enchantments etc.
Whether witchcraft is real/unreal, it still corrupts us in some way...just like
bad company corrupts good morals...1 Corinthians 15:33.

• Useful
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are into games that makes you feel uneasy in your spirit then you should stop playing them. Regarding your prayer life ask God to help you serve Him and others better. Ask Him to help you to change your prayer life for better. Ask Him to make you willing to pray and worship Him the way He wants you to.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In his letters to the Corinthians, Paul says two things that might be applicable here.

All things are allowable, but not everything is beneficial.
Whatever is not of faith is sin.​

I don't know much about WoW, but if it is a gray area, the first statement may apply to it. You could consider at least restricting your involvement. Sometimes the good or acceptable is the enemy of the best.

The "not serving enough" issue seems pretty easy to solve. Think about what you can do to change that a bit, and set out doing it.

I think the unease in your spirit is something you should consider carefully. This is generally a clue as to what needs attention, like a light coming on on the car dashboard. That's where the second statement comes in, about faith and sin. If we are going to make progress, we have to be in a secure faith position. Otherwise, there is too much against us. So do what you can to correct things, and give attention to whatever might be troubling your spirit. Make this part of your prayer life, and as the issues get cleaned up your prayer life will as well.

Blessings.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums