• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello brothers and sisters, I'm still struggling with some things at times and I could use your prayers again...

My life has basically been going downhill since I turned 16 (I'm 23 now). Anxiety makes me worried and afraid of many things; OCD causes me to feel the need to do nearly everything in a certain time period, making me rush through things and giving me more stress; depression steals my interest, inspiration, motivation, and enjoyment in my hobbies. I've tried to change but I only fail every time.

Nearly any kind of thing going wrong for my family triggers me. Can't let go of the past. Negative thoughts won't stop popping into my head and making me upset some days. My mental health issues have barely responded to treatment at all. I really want to reduce my stress, but it seems impossible with these problems. I think it would take multiple miracles for any of this to change for me.

Can you please pray with me for improvement? Thank you. :purpleheart:
Lord Jesus said that He came to set the captives free. I've learned not to try and change myself. That is God's job! When I gave up on myself and gave all my problems to Lord Jesus, my life began to turn around. It was not instant but there was a difference in that I was no longer overly burdened. "Cast all your care on Him" works. The Lord showed that I took way too much personally. It's a little difficult to explain, but I now turn any trouble into a problem. A problem can be solved.

You also need to know that thoughts that you did not choose to think are evil spirits tormenting you. All who are born again have absolute authority over them. Command them to get off your mind. It may take a while. Persist and you will have the victory.

Lord Jesus told us not to let ourselves be troubled. If someone told you to take charge of the Marines, how would you respond? Personally, I would freak. I'm not qualified. Likewise, taking command of our Christian lives is not wise. We are not qualified. There is One who is. He's done it all already. Let Him live out His life in you and through you. Your life will be transformed.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello brothers and sisters, I'm still struggling with some things at times and I could use your prayers again...

My life has basically been going downhill since I turned 16 (I'm 23 now). Anxiety makes me worried and afraid of many things; OCD causes me to feel the need to do nearly everything in a certain time period, making me rush through things and giving me more stress; depression steals my interest, inspiration, motivation, and enjoyment in my hobbies. I've tried to change but I only fail every time.

Nearly any kind of thing going wrong for my family triggers me. Can't let go of the past. Negative thoughts won't stop popping into my head and making me upset some days. My mental health issues have barely responded to treatment at all. I really want to reduce my stress, but it seems impossible with these problems. I think it would take multiple miracles for any of this to change for me.

Can you please pray with me for improvement? Thank you. :purpleheart:

You can teach yourself how to respond to these negative thoughts.

If you respond with your chosen response once each hour, on the hour, you will build yourself a habit-tool that you can use when ever you need it.

Once each hour, on the hour, choose what you want to think about.
By the end of the day today, you will have that as a practiced skill.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a close friend who suffered from anxiety and depression. Over time her behavior worsened and we reached our breaking point and an intervention took place. Two years later she was medication free and living a normal life. I kept her company during the day and her partner handled the rest.

The primary thing I emphasized was the necessity of identifying with the remedy; not the disease. As long as she affirmed what was amiss. She operated from that mindset. But when she began to see herself as whole, healed, and functional. Things began to change.

~Bella

• Useful
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0