Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My mother, Janice Lorena Porter, passed away on November 16, 2015 at 69 years old. We had a beeper code 222. It meant pick me up when I was done from school because she would pick me up on her bike. She didnt feel comfortable with me riding the bus or walking home so she always picked me up to and from school on her bike, even after having a hysterectomy. Very dedicated mother. I told her that 222 was also our code for "I Love You" and that stuck around even after we no longer had a beeper. When either one of us saw 222, we would say I love you too.

She passed away at 2:22am. I feel like she was saying I love you with her final breath...so now whenever I see 222 I say "I love you too mom."

She was very sick but now I hope she is no longer in pain and I will see her again one day. She said she loved God and I rest in that hope.

Especially this month Ive been remembering her. She lived in Texas and I lived with my husband in Indiana when she passed. We spread her ashes in Texas and I brought the remnants back with me in an urn. We have a memorial wall where we put pictures of family members and friends on it and it helps me to feel close to her in a way. Then there is 222. I just see it as her message to me that she is in Heaven and is safe.

She definitely had her faults but love erases a multitude of sin and I know that she deeply loved my brother, my sister, and me.

I am thankful to God for the time I had with my mother and all the things she has taught me to be the woman I am today.

Last edited: