Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Carman just happen to go to Disneyland for a visit at the same time a church was there and I believe it was Calvary Chapel, but I could be wrong and they had an altar call that changed his life forever. Guess who turned Carman on that night? Andrae Crouch

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Carman just happen to go to Disneyland for a visit at the same time a church was there and I believe it was Calvary Chapel, but I could be wrong and they had an altar call that changed his life forever. Guess who turned Carman on that night? Andrae Crouch

Andrae Crouch ... another champion! :blush:

My favorite song by him ...

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Carman was one of my all-time favorites. I saw him many times in concert. One of those concerts I attended with my friend Leslye and at the end of the concert we both stood in line to get his autograph. Now in my opinion Carman was an extremely handsome man. When my friend and I reached him, each of us had a piece of paper in our hands that we could hand him and he would sign him, well, my friend was so enamored with him that all she could do was stand in front of him and stare. He casually reached over and took the paper out of her hand, signed it, then poked it back into her hand and she moved on. All we talked about the rest of the night was how she couldn't even hand him the paper, she was so awe-struck. LOL

He's now in the presence of God. He sure will be missed for the rest of our time here on earth. While I don't think I've ever heard a Carman song I didn't like, I think my fave song of his is Overcoming Child of God.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Carman was one of my all-time favorites. I saw him many times in concert. One of those concerts I attended with my friend Leslye and at the end of the concert we both stood in line to get his autograph. Now in my opinion Carman was an extremely handsome man. When my friend and I reached him, each of us had a piece of paper in our hands that we could hand him and he would sign him, well, my friend was so enamored with him that all she could do was stand in front of him and stare. He casually reached over and took the paper out of her hand, signed it, then poked it back into her hand and she moved on. All we talked about the rest of the night was how she couldn't even hand him the paper, she was so awe-struck. LOL

Lol ... What a great story ... thanks for sharing it! :blush:

I suspect Carman may often have had to deal with the female fan issue. I've been to 2 of his concerts; the first one was years ago. I went alone and worked as a volunteer. Seated next to me during the concert was another woman, someone I did not know, who was also alone. She was a quiet woman, attractive, reserved, abit 'mysterious'. What struck me most about her was the way in which she was dressed ... let's just say, she was dressed rather 'provocatively'. (Her appearance seemed out of place, for a Carman concert. :scratch:) We got to talking, and I got the sense that perhaps she went to many Carman concerts.

After the show, Carman was set to meet with a fan group in a special designated area. Though not part of that group, she asked if I wanted to go and try to see him. That's not normally my kind of thing to do, but I was feeling adventuresome that night, and so I agreed to go with her.

When we got there, Carman was being interviewed in a secured area enclosed in plexiglass. She was determined to get as close as possible to the plexiglass, and kept moving up towards it. Not sure what to do, I just sort of tagged along behind her, but I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable about all of this. Well, she got us up as close as she could, and then we just stood there, watching Carman. We could easily see him; I felt sure he could easily see us (her), too. Lol ... then, guess what happened next? Suddenly, someone there on his crew pulled all the drapes 'closed' within the plexiglass area ... and then nobody could see anybody any more! lol lol

Carman was a great brother in the Lord. What I loved most about him was his love for the Lord. (It was contagious!)

When I think of Carman now, I see him very happy up in heaven, having a great time with the Lord and all the others celebrating Him!
:clap:

Upvote 0