✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Don't you want to reword that?
A person doesn't always know if it is in his will so he or she will ask in his name and find out the hard way. Still, he will use that phrase regardless. You never know what is in his will til he shows you, no?
You sure are a brat, I know one other like you. Are you bored?

Maybe your new avatar has made you feel insecure? or....Maybe you have lost your talent of persuasion? or.............
The verse you posted said “whatever you ask”. Are you saying that He doesn’t mean that, or are you possibly misunderstanding what he’s meaning?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I do have a question you might want to answer but I can't remember what it was. I didn't know where to ask it so.....If I remember it can I ask you?
Yep.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The verse you posted said “whatever you ask”. Are you saying that He doesn’t mean that, or are you possibly misunderstanding what he’s meaning?
I posted several and they all came from Jesus so if there is a contradiction you need to ask him:)
You wouldn't like to challenge the Uni's would you? Someone needs to. They don't believe in Hell and they also believe all will go to heaven even the Atheists. They have taken my favorite who has been a Christian all his life, family and church his whole life. I am still in shock. Someone needs to prove them wrong. they are recruiting here. They are gaining ground. How could someone who has been so dedicated for 64 years drop his whole beliefs for such beliefs as theirs? So far anyone that has challenged them leave with their heads hanging down. I don't understand how people are being so naive. How could they disown Jesus' teachings? This is not the question but since you are so good at ------and have so much knowledge of the bible and love to challenge people.....

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I posted several and they all came from Jesus so if there is a contradiction you need to ask him:)
That’s the issue. It’s not a contradiction. It just shows that you have a misunderstanding of what was meant.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How can you be at the right hand of God, isn't that Jesus' place?
and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
— Ephesians 2:6

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
— Ephesians 2:6"

I know that verse But it doesn't say we are on the right hand of God. How can we be, Jesus is there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
— Ephesians 2:6"

I know that verse But it doesn't say we are on the right hand of God. How can we be, Jesus is there.
We are seated with Him.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well..we know He hears the righteous.. this is talked about many times in the OT. And we know its written if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

But we must take all the word. When Jesus walked this earth and spoke..who was really talking? GOD. God through Christ said "what ever you ask the Father IN MY NAME" He gave us the right to use His name. Peter and John no sliver no gold.. in Jesus name. The after said "why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk .........And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all."

Peter and John never had to ask seek..what was IN them? Is in us. We just tend to look at others to then judge how God if God heals. Then we also do the same with TIME...There is no time where God is :)

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with you or hammster, I just think there is more power if asked or done in Jesus' name
Thank you for your post:)
And that’s mysticism.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Through the cross, Jesus provided transformational hope, deliverance from sin, authority over the spiritual forces that may come against us, and power to serve the living God."

What would be the spiritual things he is talking about?

That is not THE question, it is another question:)
Thank you

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread had a clean up. There was some flaming and what can be called disruptive behavior. Public threads are not the place to discuss staff actions or possible staff actions. Nor are they the place to complain about other members.

Upvote 0