Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sometime I can be in His presence when I’m in my mortal body.

When I’m completely with Him spiritually.

When I go into His presence colors become brighter. The weight of my sin is lifted off.

Today I was in His presence for a short while until I told my ex and an extreme fear came over me.

Like when Peter was told to walk on water and started to sink as he saw the waves.

When I’m in His presence nothing else matters. I walk around as if I’m already in Heaven.

I lived most of my life for myself. But today I’m reaping a harvest.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sometime I can be in His presence when I’m in my mortal body.

When I’m completely with Him spiritually.

When I go into His presence colors become brighter. The weight of my sin is lifted off.

Today I was in His presence for a short while until I told my ex and an extreme fear came over me.

Like when Peter was told to walk on water and started to sink as he saw the waves.

When I’m in His presence nothing else matters. I walk around as if I’m already in Heaven.

I lived most of my life for myself. But today I’m reaping a harvest.
I have a question. If you are filled with the Holy Spirit, are you in God's presence, or is His presence in you?

If the latter is true, then you always have His presence in you and your life, every day of the week is like walking in heaven, whether you feel like it or not. If something negative happens to you, then heaven is still there, but there are just clouds covering it temporarily. It is not like the darkness of the night where you cannot see anything. When there are clouds over the sky, you may not see the sun or the blue sky, but there is enough light for you to continue to see your way ahead. So you believe by faith that the Holy Spirit (the presence of God) is within you and has never left, and you walk in joy and victory regardless of what the world, flesh or the devil throws at you.

You know that with every problem there is a provision from God, so when you experience a problem, instead of getting discouraged, you look forward in faith to the provision that is coming!

Reactions: MommyGirl
Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It is remarkable when this happen. Light becomes brighter, the edges become sharper.

It’s like the Lord keeps me in my mortal body and I can sense Him all around me.

I was talking to my gf when this was happening and I told her I feel like I’m already in heaven. I thought to myself wow, I have nothing to worry about.

One time in 2010 I was sleeping and upon waking I heard a voice say read Revelation 3:7.

I picked up my Bible off the floor and it went straight to the Church of Philadelphia.

The peace I feel when I’m out of body is so calming. My weight lifts off of me.

Out of body or in body I do not know. All I know is that I’m on a different plane field.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Paul says to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit.

It is possible when we feel most "in His presence" when the cup of our hearts runneth over.
True! We know that the presence of God is always in us through faith. We believe the written promise that "I will never leave you nor forsake you", and that "The Comforter which I will send you will be with you always", and, we will not have to go up to bring Christ down or down to bring Christ up, but the word is nigh us, even in our mouths. Jesus said. "The kingdom of God is within you." Having the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the same has having the Father and the Son in us at the same time. That's what Jesus said, "I and my Father will make our dwelling in you."

I think we vastly underestimate who we have inside of us. If we really knew, I think we would turn our world upside down. I know that most church members have no idea what they have living in them in the Person of the Holy Spirit, because there are churches all through our cities, full of Christian believers, but the world around them is certainly not being turned upside down! Makes me think there is something missing somewhere!

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
True! We know that the presence of God is always in us through faith. We believe the written promise that "I will never leave you nor forsake you", and that "The Comforter which I will send you will be with you always", and, we will not have to go up to bring Christ down or down to bring Christ up, but the word is nigh us, even in our mouths. Jesus said. "The kingdom of God is within you." Having the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the same has having the Father and the Son in us at the same time. That's what Jesus said, "I and my Father will make our dwelling in you."

I think we vastly underestimate who we have inside of us. If we really knew, I think we would turn our world upside down. I know that most church members have no idea what they have living in them in the Person of the Holy Spirit, because there are churches all through our cities, full of Christian believers, but the world around them is certainly not being turned upside down! Makes me think there is something missing somewhere!
I recall doing a meditation on Hebrews 8 recently using the strongs definitions, and it was quite telling that His Majesty clings to us as a garment. Was revolutionary to my view of everything for sure.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I recall doing a meditation on Hebrews 8 recently using the strongs definitions, and it was quite telling that His Majesty clings to us as a garment. Was revolutionary to my view of everything for sure.
I think it gives new meaning to "This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith". We often apply it to our personal lives and experiences so that we can have personal victory and be able to live our Christian lives victoriously.

Although that is so true, what if we apply this to the world around us? It means that we have the potential, through faith, to turn our world upside down with the gospel of Christ. We can see sinners saved, sick people healed, demons cast out, whole communities radically changed for Christ, police forces reduced because crime has virtually disappeared, people being "zapped" by the Holy Spirit for miles around when believers have their Sunday services, sinners being converted on the spot when we speak to them about Jesus - what great possibilities!

Are we limited by our mind-set? Are we too introspective in our Christian experience? I am really challenged on one hand, but feel totally helpless on the other. I know I can't change the whole world for Christ, but I can write the names of people who need Christ in my diary and pray for them every day. I can come on CF and try to point people to Christ, especially those who are struggling with their faith.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I see words in my minds I when I pray.

I’ll say Lord help so and so in Jesus name and I see the word

RECIEVED.

Then I feel God absorb my prayer.

When I’m in those moments out of body I can sense Christ showing me His will.

I will not share or boast His plan but I will let you all know it is a great work. I’m so humbled He would choose me.

Someone who feels like the chief of sinners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Emotional experiences can feel great. So can experiences that we would describe as "spiritual". But they may or may not be from God. Please, be cautious, prayerful, and steady-minded. You have been through a lot. Will pray.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think it gives new meaning to "This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith". We often apply it to our personal lives and experiences so that we can have personal victory and be able to live our Christian lives victoriously.

Although that is so true, what if we apply this to the world around us? It means that we have the potential, through faith, to turn our world upside down with the gospel of Christ. We can see sinners saved, sick people healed, demons cast out, whole communities radically changed for Christ, police forces reduced because crime has virtually disappeared, people being "zapped" by the Holy Spirit for miles around when believers have their Sunday services, sinners being converted on the spot when we speak to them about Jesus - what great possibilities!

Are we limited by our mind-set? Are we too introspective in our Christian experience? I am really challenged on one hand, but feel totally helpless on the other. I know I can't change the whole world for Christ, but I can write the names of people who need Christ in my diary and pray for them every day. I can come on CF and try to point people to Christ, especially those who are struggling with their faith.
It's kind of like what the apostles went through, they acted as if the kingdom was coming presently until Ananias and Sapphira, and then took a more pragmatic approach when it was obvious that they had over estimated the prophetic schedule.

In the same way, i test to see what God will actually do through me. What God wants to do changes from time to time. Maybe I'm limited by my mindset, but can't God change that?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's kind of like what the apostles went through, they acted as if the kingdom was coming presently until Ananias and Sapphira, and then took a more pragmatic approach when it was obvious that they had over estimated the prophetic schedule.

In the same way, i test to see what God will actually do through me. What God wants to do changes from time to time. Maybe I'm limited by my mindset, but can't God change that?
Yes He does. He changes your mindset!

We have to remember that for a while after the Day of Pentecost, the church was young, and the Apostles were still learning how to use the power that came on them. Paul had not yet started writing His letters which contained the further revelation that Jesus wanted to give to the church. You know, He said that there were many more things to say to His disciples that they couldn't bear yet. I believe that Paul was directly chosen by Christ to bring those revelations to the church. Without Paul's revelations, we would never have known where we stand with Christ, how important the resurrection was, that there were gifts of the Spirit that the church could use to bring the glory and majesty of Christ and make it real to the church and the pagan world around it. It would have taken a lot longer for the Gentiles to be incorporated and accepted into the church.

So it is the same with us. Our minds are being transformed day by day to come into harmony with the mind of Christ. It doesn't happen in five minutes. When I was 30 I thought I knew a lot about the things of God. Then in my 40s I realised that although I knew in theory, there wasn't much practice in me. In my 50s, I started to learn new things about the Holy Spirit and the prophetic. In my 60s I did a MDiv and realised that there were many things I didn't know about practical divinity. Now, in my 70s I'm getting a new appreciation of what being a new man in Christ is all about. We are always learning new things about the ways of God, and the more we learn the more we realise how little we actually know!

Furthermore, I find myself going back and re-learning important stuff that I had forgotten!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If one wants to see change, than preach this subject Oscar. For we have both The Father and The Son (The Holy Spirit) within us. The same now, as then.We have a reminder every time we speak(pray) in our new tongues.This is a reminder that we are no longer from below, but are from above. What is missing is this preaching on this subject.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No, when I do I have gone in His presence many times...

When I first got saved everything was enhanced, I had a profound joy and peace beyond anything I could comprehend.

In 08 I told God I'm doing my own thing....within ten seconds I was hit by the enemy with massive fear...

A couple months later I felt this fear that I was actually at the White throne judgement,

After that it held me where I didn't do what I wanted......When I go into His presence it's almost like this human mortal body cannot handle it..

Fear is what drives me back into the natural....I believe God is in control of everything, even evil....So when I go thru it I know it's Him

Watch Mickey Robison...what He went thru is a lot like what I go thru...I had a near death experience not like his but still enough to where I'm very sensitive to things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, when I do I have gone in His presence many times...

When I first got saved everything was enhanced, I had a profound joy and peace beyond anything I could comprehend.

In 08 I told God I'm doing my own thing....within ten seconds I was hit by the enemy with massive fear...

A couple months later I felt this fear that I was actually at the White throne judgement,

After that it held me where I didn't do what I wanted......When I go into His presence it's almost like this human mortal body cannot handle it..

Fear is what drives me back into the natural....I believe God is in control of everything, even evil....So when I go thru it I know it's Him

Watch Mickey Robison...what He went thru is a lot like what I go thru...I had a near death experience not like his but still enough to where I'm very sensitive to things.
I think that you are having serious, psychotic-sensory experiences, and confusing them with God's presence. God's presence does not play with you, or trick you. There could be an element of the demonic here, too. Instead of seeking out these "trippy" experiences, why not just pray, take it slow, don't put so much stock in feelings, and read the New Testament?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you try to stop what God does?

Because I am not convinced that these experiences are from God at all, Dab. Satan can mimic well, especially via our emotions, and senses. Be careful. Like I said, maybe don't seek out or tune into these experiences. Just get back to basics. God, the living God, is not going to play games with you.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just don't think you understand. When I believe God is in control I can get so much better.
when I think it's mental illness I just get sicker and sicker...

It's just like the women in 08 told me I was sick and from there I got worse and worse.....

I have been thru too much to know there is a supernatural occurrence.

In 05 I was in this for five to seven months....It all lead and peaked my interest to God....

I think anything that brings me closer to God is God....I do believe the Bible is the Ultimate Authority but, like I said when ppl thought or told me I was crazy I just got worse and worse....Satan would do anything to hinder this walk.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I’m sorry, I’m wrong. I don’t want to be a false teacher, preacher or prophet.

There is too much at stake for me to claim this. I do go thru things, very weird things. But they are Satan or psychosis.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0