"In His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will "Evolutionist Gentiles" trust in Him?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My own researching has found that it is possible to believe in Evolution*, but that it results in fewer works overall.

*not that we came from monkeys, that is just bunkum

That said, it is less justifiable, but not in the sense that it can be outed, completely.

As believers, we should be willing to go the extra mile more than Evolutionists, but not so ready to go the extra mile that we exhaust the strength to do it.

Our Father will be pleased, when we attribute our works to Him, even being less than was possible is still praise to Him!

"And there was peace for about a reflection, for it was no longer their desire to do everything possible"

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Faith in Jesus, leaves room for Him to do something - above and beyond "Evolution".

The Devil will want a stake in what we have, but if we stand firm, he will flee.

If the Devil keeps fleeing, eventually all believers will have the greatest strength they can have: none of us will need to evolve.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
i think what may be of interest (to Evolutionists) is that once you have the greatest strength you can have - as a human - why would you want to change, into anything else?

"I think what may be of interest (to those who believe in gravity) is that once you have fallen down, why would you want to fall the next time?"

See the logic, there?

I don't see the Easter Bunny, either. For the same reason.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think what it is, is that Evolutionists need to stop being told "you are forgiven".

If you don't know in what manner you have evolved, Christ can't forgive (because you can't forgive what you don't know).

Christ can forgive you, starting out the wrong way - but He can't tell you "from now on, you can take my forgiveness for granted".

The thing I am stuck on, is how do I communicate that to people only interested in science?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think this is it:
God does not evolve, but His power does (selah)
Evolutionist Gentiles will trust, that God was at least for a time, willing to impart His power to them.

This is compelling, it shows we differ in our understanding of God, but not in our expectation, that He will empower our evolution.
God does not evolve, but His power does

There is no power, that can change a man's relation to God, above and beyond God's desire for man to change (selah).

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I've come upon a notion that may or may not sit well with the idea of God evolving His power: the notion that Evolution can be grafted, on to something else.

The point is, there is a choice (productively speaking): can evolution be grafted on to something else (like Creation), or can it be grafted on to itself (producing a more refined evolution)?

It's a theory, so it can be objectified, and if it can be objectified, it can be recontextualised. The root of that (shift) is basically a graft.

I think it would make sense to graft Evolution onto Creation, to develop the notion that individual species have their own Evolutionary signature - which either pushes God to forgive more, or lean more into His power (over the species).

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I am starting to wonder, if I should start to question what Evolutionists think they are missing out on, when they believe (Evolution).

Like if they actually "objectified" the cost benefit, would they make the same choices?

It's all about keeping your choices, consistent - right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
What do you guys think about this:??

It sort of speaks about the fact, that you regret not having what you could have had, more than you reject what you can only gamble on at best?

I mean that is a perfect argument, against calling God a gambler?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I have come to the conclusion, that we will have to continue in our confession, to God - regarding Evolution.

If we keep praying, we will get an Evolution, that either exonerates us or impresses them.

The Devil does not respect the individual, either way, so if we have confession on our side, we will win (God promises that).

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My faith in Christ Jesus has resulted in this precise axiom - of scientific faith:
Gottservant said:
There is something that can only be discovered, when every one is included (selah)

This is what our faith needs to be, as a standard, not exclusive, not abject.

Note this is something whose chance of discovery increases, with time - as long as the Lord is present.

We have it as faith, that the most important thing of all to discover - whether fact or otherwise - is the person of Jesus Christ (which we are promised, when we gather together in His Name).

I think this very clearly, establishes the Godhead, as pro-discovery.

Science does not have this, because they have no commandment, to love each other - nothing that would distinguish them as "doing science", on the basis of something concrete, that also makes further discovery possible.

Tell me what you think?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
In addition to this (discovery about inclusion), I have discovered that design facilitates "trans-adaptational variation": that is, there is no need for a singular failure to adapt; adaptation can take place, many different ways, with different variations. All this feeds on Evolution, without dismissing it: both restoring the adapted in its rightful place (to start again), and extending its reach (in anticipation of selection pressures not yet realised).

If I have three variations for the same adaptation, the probability increases that continuing to make decisions based on the options that present themselves drives the probability up. On the other hand, if I continue to expect variation based on my first choice, the probability that I will be right, goes down. This is just the Monty Hall problem, of probability.

I don't even really have anything to add to this, its just a straight out developmental fact. Maybe help me communicate what I am saying, so that it reaches "Evolutionist" ears?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I just put this, in the Creation vs Evolution forum:
A similar genetic profile, is its own kind of Evolution (selah)

An own kind of Evolution, is greater than Evolution ad hoc (selah).

Evolution ad hoc, never chosen over greater Evolution,, is the first to be weeded out (selah).

What do you think the reaction will be!?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I wonder if Jesus' words about friendship would inspire something true about Evolution.

I am thinking primarily of His words that Love's greatest is laying your life down for your friends.

Does this agree with the idea that "the instinct for finding friends, never dies"? We all face the day when our friendship is most tested - perhaps there is hope in Evolution that it (Evolution) will make that (testing) easier?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the Devil keeps fleeing, eventually all believers will have the greatest strength they can have: none of us will need to evolve.

It was never necessary. If humans had remained say, H. erectus, what difference would it make to God or to our relationship with Him? It's not an intellectual relationship. We come to Him as a little child or not at all.

Upvote 0