In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Children and their care. That's true across all species.
Sure. But isn't sexual desire meant to motivate us to have sex? There's no point of a sex drive if not to have sex. If a person never has sex in their entire life, the purpose of the sex drive is completely defeated. The only reason to have a sex drive is to have sex. Why doesn't God make anyone asexual (not genderless, but having no sexual desire)? If I am heterosexual, that automatically means I am meant to get married. Couldn't God give different people different degrees of sexual desire? If everyone is naturally heteorsexual, then everyone is meant to get married.

Why can't God give us the pleasure of playing Pong for all eternity? That's an equally valid question.
That's different. Do you mean play Pong non-stop?
Pong is not a bodily pleasure. I've heard of the electronic game.
I'm not into playing pong for all eternity. Neither would I just have sex all the time. I'd do other things at other times, don't forget dark chocolate. Don't forget the wonders of creation.
I do NOT think that satisfaction would be complete with sex and no chocolate.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure. But isn't sexual desire meant to motivate us to have sex? There's no point of a sex drive if not to have sex. If a person never has sex in their entire life, the purpose of the sex drive is completely defeated. The only reason to have a sex drive is to have sex. Why doesn't God make anyone asexual (not genderless, but having no sexual desire)? If I am heterosexual, that automatically means I am meant to get married. Couldn't God give different people different degrees of sexual desire? If everyone is naturally heteorsexual, then everyone is meant to get married.

That's different. Do you mean play Pong non-stop?
Pong is not a bodily pleasure. I've heard of the electronic game.
I'm not into playing pong for all eternity. Neither would I just have sex all the time. I'd do other things at other times, don't forget dark chocolate. Don't forget the wonders of creation.
I do NOT think that satisfaction would be complete with sex and no chocolate.

LOL. I could put your rant to the tune of "If I were a rich man."

Upvote 0

OceanPoet87

Husband 'N Wifi
Feb 7, 2012
Near Lewiston, ID
✟13,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In heaven, there will be no separation from God. There will be no need to eat, sleep, have the desire for sex, etc. We will be worshiping Jesus with the multitude of believers.

Marriage was created by God. It is a representation of the Bride of Christ and the Bridegroom. When a married couple have sex, they are physically united and two become one flesh. In the new heaven and new earth, marriage and sex (as great as they can be for married couples), it is really not the same as what full closeness (whatever the opposite of total separation from Christ is) with God will be like.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟25,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lust is an earthly thing. Many people here have referred to the scripture about no marriage in heaven. Marriage can be used to suffer sex and lust. Without marriage, sex is sinful. So if there was sexual desire in heaven, marriage would be allowed. Yet it's not.

I myself don't have much desire for sex nowadays. Sex mostly has value through producing offspring. A lot of societies seem to overvalue sex because it can help produce offspring. But there is no need for offspring in heaven, so sex wouldn't have much value there anyways. Without value, there wouldn't be much desire. It's an activity that usually requires two people anyways: more complicated to arrange than single-person hobbies.

Then there are some people who look like women but have male body parts: born intersex. Then there are people who try to market or sell sex. I don't think there are markets and commerce in heaven. There are also people who abuse sex to harm or rob men. Sex is bad enough on earth. Why would you want it to stink up heaven?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How could Adam and Eve have been married, if nobody (like a priest or public figure) was there to give them a wedding ceremony? When they were on the Earth, life was very primitive and simple and there wasnt really any civilizations.
And God was their marriage counselor. Seems like he should be the one to go to anyway being the one WHO KNOWS what works.

Upvote 0

TylerBibleThumper

Oct 26, 2022
Calgary
✟22,961.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nor is there need for food, gold, etc.
Yet they're there.
Yes. Even Jesus himself said he would drink wine in the afterlife.
In heaven, there will be no separation from God. There will be no need to eat, sleep, have the desire for sex, etc. We will be worshiping Jesus with the multitude of believers.

Marriage was created by God. It is a representation of the Bride of Christ and the Bridegroom. When a married couple have sex, they are physically united and two become one flesh. In the new heaven and new earth, marriage and sex (as great as they can be for married couples), it is really not the same as what full closeness (whatever the opposite of total separation from Christ is) with God will be like.
When Jesus was preaching about the 7 husbands? That's the gospel that everyone refers to. However, Jesus did NOT explicitly state there would be no sex in heaven.

There is a strong case for sex in heaven. There is also a strong case against it.

1. The LORD's prayer itself. "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
2. God himself did not make us eunuchs.
3. God himself designed sex, pleasure, our organs, etc.
4. We are made in the image of GOD. GOD himself even said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness."
5. Jesus himself said he would enjoy wine in heaven, which IS at least one example of an earthly pleasure that will carry on in heaven.
6. Psalm 84:11 "No good thing will be withheld from them that walk uprightly."
7. 1 Cor 7:5 ->"Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
8. Pastor and missionary Jonathan Edwards (1703-58): “[In heaven] the glorified spiritual bodies of the saints shall be filled with pleasures of the most exquisite kind that such refined bodies are capable of….The sweetness and pleasure that shall be in the mind, shall put the spirits of the body into such a motion as shall cause a sweet sensation throughout the body, infinitely excelling any sensual pleasure here” (Jonathan Edwards, Miscellany 233: Yale Works, 13:351).
9. A lot of people think of sex as rebelling against GOD because it's so often associated with sin. GOD designed it to be part of HIS plan and actually needed it for HIS plan.
10. Since GOD made sex, does GOD unmake it?
11. Psalm 23:1 "The LORD is my shepherd. I shall not want." Shall not want spells it out pretty clearly.
12. I think we will still need relationships. People will genuinely want to be with their friends and families. Philippians 4:19 "And my GOD will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
13. Psalm 34:9 "Fear the LORD, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing.
14. Psalm 34:10 "Young lions go lacking and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
There is... must be... a different agenda in heaven. God put Adam in the garden to tend and guard it, created Eve, brought her to him then said be fruitful and multiply. What is God's plan for us in heaven? Do we tend and guard it? Are we to replenish it? With the 'great in-gathering' mentioned at the end of the age there could be a couple of billion people there. What would sexual desire achieve in heaven? Would there be any reason for it?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is... must be... a different agenda in heaven. God put Adam in the garden to tend and guard it, created Eve, brought her to him then said be fruitful and multiply. What is God's plan for us in heaven? Do we tend and guard it? Are we to replenish it? With the 'great in-gathering' mentioned at the end of the age there could be a couple of billion people there. What would sexual desire achieve in heaven? Would there be any reason for it?
My thought is that we won't spend our time in Heaven, but will get Adam's original job back: Stewards of creation.

But now we know that "creation" includes billions of galaxies with trillions of stars and planets.

Upvote 0

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Well...

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our place is to be with Jesus.

The idea of taking over Adam's job is not new. There was a group, centuries ago, the Adamites, who taught that (before they were killed) but it seems like the common understanding, at least where I'm at, is that there is no return to Eden. What God has for us in new... we just don't know how that is going to be.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our place is to be with Jesus.

The idea of taking over Adam's job is not new. There was a group, centuries ago, the Adamites, who taught that (before they were killed) but it seems like the common understanding, at least where I'm at, is that there is no return to Eden. What God has for us in new... we just don't know how that is going to be.
Ever watch "Bonanza?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vervey2023

Jul 7, 2016
Gloucestershire
✟1,325.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The intimacy that married couples have is a foreshadow of the intimacy Jesus seeks with each and every one of us individually. God compares our relationship to him to that of a husband and wife (Ephesians 5:22-33). In heaven that relationship will be in full effect as their will be no sin. When we receive our glorified bodies we will be changed so that we will be “like him” just like eve was made in the likeness of Adam (Philippians 3:21) So what we can see from this scripture is that God will create a new type of intimacy/intercourse between us and him which will far surpass even the best sex in this life. We will be like the angles in the sense we will not get or be given into marriage as we will all be a part of one eternal union with Jesus Christ. As I stated before this is what marriage foreshadows but will not be needed once we see him face to face.

Everything in this life points to God including sex.

Upvote 0

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
But... it will not be 'this' life... it is the next. The would has a major focus on sex... it specializes in pleasure and selfishness... is this what Christians need to adopt? It maybe nice but, as a Christian, we are to give to another... it is to please our spouse rather than for what pleasure we may ourselves receive although that can happen if our spouse has the same motivation (1Co 7:1-6)... if we are not married in heaven that seems to make the purpose invalid.

Sex would be part of the commission God made to Adam and Eve in the garden ("Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it;" Gen 1:28 but, from what we read in Genesis, that did not happen while they were in the garden and they could have been there for thousands of years because until death became a reality time would have little significance. If heaven is like Eden then will it need to be replenished? From John's vision in Revelation "...I saw, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of every nation and of all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb..." Rev 7:9 we see that heaven probably does not need 'replenishing'! From what I've been hearing lately on end times events it could be that half the current world's population, 2 billion, could come to God in the 'great in-gathering'. What, therefore, would be the purpose of sex in heaven?

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." 1 Co 13:11 My paraphrase... "When I was a young adult, I reasoned as a young adult, I desired as a young adult, I acted as a young adult: now that I am became a senior adult, I have put away young adult things... to some degree anyway". Some things, as we get older, have a lesser... and a greater (in other ways)... importance in life. This, I suspect, will be even more so in the life to come.

So... from my understanding of scripture and what happens in heaven... it seems unlikely that sex will be a part of it... unlikely that we will be rewarded with seven virgins as some people (non-Christians) may believe... what may be happening I cannot image but I fully believe it will be infinitely better.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Matthew chapter 22:30. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Jesus explains to the religious leaders about death and resurrection. When person dies in the flesh. Automatically, the soul goes back to the Lord. Understand, Jesus and heaven are in different Dimension. The angels in heaven have no gender. Thiers no male or female. Theirs no gender. I documented this. Read Matthew chapter 22 for your self. Jesus is the school master.

Upvote 0

RevealedTruths

May 28, 2022
London
✟25,199.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew chapter 22:30. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Jesus explains to the religious leaders about death and resurrection. When person dies in the flesh. Automatically, the soul goes back to the Lord. Understand, Jesus and heaven are in different Dimension. The angels in heaven have no gender. Thiers no male or female. Theirs no gender. I documented this. Read Matthew chapter 22 for your self. Jesus is the school master.
Literally gnosticism. Going to heaven when you die is not the final goal. The fleshly body will be resurrected onto physical life on the New Earth. Angels are not sexless, if they were they couldn't have procreated the nephilim. Matthew 22:30 is one of the most misinterpreted verses in the entire Bible.

Upvote 0