In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? Why?

John
NZ

What would you do with it?

You're in heaven, singing God's praises and sitting at the feet of Jesus. But, that hottie next to you at the feet is looking mighty fine, so you start planning your moves to get her in the sack. Then, during a break in the singing of praises, you chat her up and sneak off to have some sex! Yay. You scored in heaven! God probably didn't notice, right?

Or, let's say that it is only "pure" sexual desire for your spouse.

But, your first wife died and you remarried. So, you have two women to desire now. Do you go for the threesome or just take turns with them? What if you died before Wife #2 and she remarried? Now, the four of you have a complicated arrangement, but its probably not going to distract you much from your primary task of praising God.

I think this question is a great test to determine who is only a Cultural Christian.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

You're in heaven, singing God's praises and sitting at the feet of Jesus. But, that hottie next to you at the feet is looking mighty fine, so you start planning your moves to get her in the sack. Then, during a break in the singing of praises, you chat her up and sneak off to have some sex! Yay. You scored in heaven! God probably didn't notice, right?

But, your first wife died and you remarried. So, you have two women to desire now. Do you go for the threesome or just take turns with them? What if you died before Wife #2 and she remarried? Now, the four of you have a complicated arrangement, but its probably not going to distract you much from your primary task of praising God.

I think this question is a great test to determine who is only a Cultural Christian.

Can we get this out of our church on earth...heaven is in surer hands.
If we are to seak his will done on earth as it is in heaven...and Jesus said no one is married or given in marraige in heaven....so everyone is single and having sex.... sounds like the Age of Aquarius... the hippies had it right?
Sounds like wickedness.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can we get this out of our church on earth...heaven is in surer hands.
If we are to seak his will done on earth as it is in heaven...and Jesus said no one is married or given in marraige in heaven....so everyone is single and having sex.... sounds like the Age of Aquarius... the hippies had it right?
Sounds like wickedness.
That it does

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Apart from your exaggerated interpretative 'spiritually' you continue to hold to heaven as our eternal after life, whereas the biblical account clearly teaches otherwise.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apart from your exaggerated interpretative 'spiritually' you continue to hold to heaven as our eternal after life, whereas the biblical account clearly teaches otherwise.

John
NZ

Please note the TITLE of this thread.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please note the TITLE of this thread.

I have been. My comments relate to how some interpret scriptures in their posts on the thread's topic, which is not irrelevant. But I am not about to debate hermeneutics on this thread you can be assured.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
ok back to that verse.
sure in 'heaven' there is no marriage.

but we are not resurrected to
"heaven". the dead are resurrected to earth.... and there may be raping and all kinds of ohhhhhhhh my stuff going on but no one will be getting married , it isn't exactly a good wedding atmosphere.. .. they are very excited and they running and jumping and screaming a lot though but it isn't any kind of party.. .. and it isn't rice falling from the sky..

we are resurrected to earth during at the beginning of the time of wrath.. and raptured then to his
tabernacle. which is on earth..NOT IN 'heaven' , that temple comes here ..
I suspect that we are given an original body and I am not sure but I don't think it is an immortal one but a very perfect new one.. but more like an Adam and Eve kind of perfect body..
EZE says those trees along the river are for healing of the nations.. why do we need healing if we are truly immortals? I think for 1000 years we will be just truly perfect like Adam and eve were perfect..

then in the 8thday we put on perfection and live with the father..if we overcome.

but sin is still during the 1000 years reign .. only everything of earth is made perfect/ orginal / and made " he saw that it was good" again.
and the garden restored and creation is restored to it's original place.

Can some be given immortality then at the resurrection> then during the rapture part ? well maybe..
but I suspect that doesn't happen until the 8thday.
I think we have at least two bodies waiting for us, a perfect body like Adam and Eve and restoration to our former glory, and then later an immortal one.. well maybe if we make it to the 8thday.
but the 1000 reign is still the time of man and of earth and heaven is here ! The kingdom is of a man named Jesus and it is here on earth .. but everything is of earth. though it is all made perfect again.... the question is ... is perfection immortal?

It is pagan influences that paint those little fat baby cherubs with wings .. and that we die and go to "heaven" and get wings and sing with harps on clouds and are fat little eunuchs..... as far as I understand it .. that is NOT His heaven or His reign or kingdom either .. and that is not the next life he is offering for all who trust him more than they trust themselves ..
that kind of heaven just it isn't true.

now there may not be any 'marriage' going on in other dimensions ( heaven where the angels live now ) ..

but the 1000 years and the new world and then the new jerusalem is on earth and neither is ever
"
in heaven " again .

so I will let you read from about EZE 24 to the end. and pay attention to the inheritance laws and such. that is on earth... because I sure believe there is a lot of hints there that we not just floating around on clouds during any that time with him .

Difficult to credit, I know, particularly for a young man, but I believe a sexual [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] here is a kind of faint indication of the extremely intense, pure, non-sexual love for everyone and everything we shall feel in heaven, as part of the Mystical Body of Christ, sharing in the life of the Holy Trinity as adopted members of God's family.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You have some imagination Bryan! How do you think up these strange scenarios?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have some imagination Bryan! How do you think up these strange scenarios?

Its a gift. I've been writing various forms of fiction for many years.

But, that doesn't negate the question: what would you do with sexual desire in heaven?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a gift. I've been writing various forms of fiction for many years.

But, that doesn't negate the question: what would you do with sexual desire in heaven?

at times light hearted sarcasm goes whooosh... doesnt land..^_^

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Yes, we will definitely be without sexual desire in heaven.

What makes you so sure about this? Can you provide scriptural proof backing up your position?

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes , we will be without sexual desire.

Mark 12:24 YAHshua said to them, “Isn’t this the reason that you go astray? because you are ignorant both of the Tanakh and of the power of Elohim? 25 For when people rise from the dead, neither men nor women marry — they are like angels in heaven. 26 And as for the dead being raised, haven’t you read in the book of Moshe, in the passage about the bush, how Elohim said to him, ‘I am the Elohim of Avraham, the Elohim of Yitz’chak and the Elohim of Ya‘akov’?[c] 27 He is Elohim not of the dead, but of the living! You are going far astray!

Hebrews 9:28 " .... , will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to deliver those who are eagerly waiting for him.
TIME , 1208 // deuterov // deuteros // dyoo'-ter-os //
AV - second 34, the second time + 1537 4, the second time 4,
again + 1537 2, again 1, secondarily 1, afterward 1; 47

1) the second, the other of two

The servant ron .

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"like angels in heaven" refers to angels not being married. There is no reference to our being asexual. Marriage is part of our created existence. Whatever we are in the new earth we will be transformed physically, but not as utterly new kinds of beings but further developed existing ones, which is what Paul seems to suggest in 1 Cor 15 - a seed is planted and grows, from all its potential hidden inside of it. But a corn seed always produces corn, never a cabbage.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes , we will be without sexual desire.

Mark 12:24 YAHshua said to them, “Isn’t this the reason that you go astray? because you are ignorant both of the Tanakh and of the power of Elohim? 25 For when people rise from the dead, neither men nor women marry — they are like angels in heaven. 26 And as for the dead being raised, haven’t you read in the book of Moshe, in the passage about the bush, how Elohim said to him, ‘I am the Elohim of Avraham, the Elohim of Yitz’chak and the Elohim of Ya‘akov’?[c] 27 He is Elohim not of the dead, but of the living! You are going far astray!

Hebrews 9:28 " .... , will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to deliver those who are eagerly waiting for him.
TIME , 1208 // deuterov // deuteros // dyoo'-ter-os //
AV - second 34, the second time + 1537 4, the second time 4,
again + 1537 2, again 1, secondarily 1, afterward 1; 47

1) the second, the other of two

The servant ron .

That still says NOTHING about us not having sexual desire, either with angels or when we are transformed or resurrected into new bodies.

Upvote 0

ArtlicBunny

Oct 5, 2014
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we'll have a physical body, so the hormones won't be around to give us a urge to have sex. The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom that is pure, not a physical one like on Earth. The weakness of the flesh is what causes us to sin so... I have to say no on that one. :ahem:

Last edited:
Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think we'll have a physical body, so the hormones won't be around to give us a urge to have sex. The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom that is pure, not a physical one like on Earth. The weakness of the flesh is what causes us to sin so... I have to say no on that one. :ahem:

a) A terrible confusion of biblical terms. So Jesus did not have a physical body post resurrection? His wounds that Thomas touched were only some kind of illusion? And the firstfruit that Jesus was according to Paul we not really a first fruit at all? His post resurrection body walked, talked, ate fish. taught and showed all the signs of crucifixion without being a real body?

Flesh DOES NOT mean our physical existence when made in contrast to life in the Spirit. That is pure Greek dualism.

Pure = without stain or corruption, not some physical contamination.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
a) A terrible confusion of biblical terms. So Jesus did not have a physical body post resurrection? His wounds that Thomas touched were only some kind of illusion? And the firstfruit that Jesus was according to Paul we not really a first fruit at all? His post resurrection body walked, talked, ate fish. taught and showed all the signs of crucifixion without being a real body?

Flesh DOES NOT mean our physical existence when made in contrast to life in the Spirit. That is pure Greek dualism.

Pure = without stain or corruption, not some physical contamination.

John
NZ

So what body did Jesus have when he appeared to John in the Revelation? His eyes were like lamps of fire and his skin like burning bronze and his face like the sun at full strength. He didn't look this way immediately after his resurrection. Do you think it was the same body?

Upvote 0