In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the first scripture that came to my mind and it kind of relates. If there is no marriage in heaven then there probably isn't sex either.

Matthew 22:30

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven"

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

Mat 22:28
Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

Mat 22:29
Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Mat 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Mat 22:31
But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you,

Mat 22:32
‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’fn? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

he is talking about the resurrection of the dead/ spiritually dead ..
do you think Abraham will not be with Sarah in heaven?
but they are alive .
why must we prove to be faithful in that area of our lives , if we are to be eunuchs ?

might i suggest that all who are dead and do not prove faithful and some how are saved .. though did not over come.. and barely squeeze into heaven maybe might be eunuchs? because I think that is who he is talking about in this verse.

I don't know if we marry or not .. but I know this is talking about "ressurrection of the dead" not the resurrection of the living..

and I can't find anything about what the living are really doing..
and where I do get hints about that subject , it is raising families and children for the lord..

in Ezekiel near the end it talks a lot and about the prince and prince's allotments, his family and their inheritances , and laws of inheritance for future generations.. so who are they ?

I will find these quotes tomorrow.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Yes, there will be sexual desire in heaven but it will be a sanctified desire not like what we have now with our bodies of flesh that seem to be always out of control.

This is a good question because so many Christians see sexual desire as a sin as the 'oh my God I watched a inappropriate content site' threads attest to. I think most would agree that it's not wrong to have sexual desire for my spouse and I would have to have had those desires before we got married or we would have never got married. Sexual desire is normal. It only becomes sin when it is perverted and there are a multitude of perversions that I wont go into.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sex is of the flesh. And sexual urges change significantly as one gets older, or are you too young to know that? So what would make anyone think the spirit would have need of sex, much less the desire!? Please don't tell me you expect to make little Caspers in heaven.

The only ones who will make babies are those who are left on this earth when Jesus comes back, and those who are part of the first resurrection that will rule and reign with Christ on Earth for a thousand years.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Reactions: Will Joseph
Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

ok back to that verse.
sure in 'heaven' there is no marriage.

but we are not resurrected to
"heaven". the dead are resurrected to earth.... and there may be raping and all kinds of ohhhhhhhh my stuff going on but no one will be getting married , it isn't exactly a good wedding atmosphere.. .. they are very excited and they running and jumping and screaming a lot though but it isn't any kind of party.. .. and it isn't rice falling from the sky..

we are resurrected to earth during at the beginning of the time of wrath.. and raptured then to his
tabernacle. which is on earth..NOT IN 'heaven' , that temple comes here ..
I suspect that we are given an original body and I am not sure but I don't think it is an immortal one but a very perfect new one.. but more like an Adam and Eve kind of perfect body..
EZE says those trees along the river are for healing of the nations.. why do we need healing if we are truly immortals? I think for 1000 years we will be just truly perfect like Adam and eve were perfect..

then in the 8thday we put on perfection and live with the father..if we overcome.

but sin is still during the 1000 years reign .. only everything of earth is made perfect/ orginal / and made " he saw that it was good" again.
and the garden restored and creation is restored to it's original place.

Can some be given immortality then at the resurrection> then during the rapture part ? well maybe..
but I suspect that doesn't happen until the 8thday.
I think we have at least two bodies waiting for us, a perfect body like Adam and Eve and restoration to our former glory, and then later an immortal one.. well maybe if we make it to the 8thday.
but the 1000 reign is still the time of man and of earth and heaven is here ! The kingdom is of a man named Jesus and it is here on earth .. but everything is of earth. though it is all made perfect again.... the question is ... is perfection immortal?

It is pagan influences that paint those little fat baby cherubs with wings .. and that we die and go to "heaven" and get wings and sing with harps on clouds and are fat little eunuchs..... as far as I understand it .. that is NOT His heaven or His reign or kingdom either .. and that is not the next life he is offering for all who trust him more than they trust themselves ..
that kind of heaven just it isn't true.

now there may not be any 'marriage' going on in other dimensions ( heaven where the angels live now ) ..

but the 1000 years and the new world and then the new jerusalem is on earth and neither is ever
"
in heaven " again .

so I will let you read from about EZE 24 to the end. and pay attention to the inheritance laws and such. that is on earth... because I sure believe there is a lot of hints there that we not just floating around on clouds during any that time with him .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simple question: In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

It does not appear to me that those who are resurrected will be resurrected into bodies that have any of the needs required by "corruptable" bodies, because most of those needs are based on holding back "corruption."

I see nothing in scripture that separates sexual activity from marriage. Jesus put if firmly that the command to Adam and Eve to "replenish the earth" was based on them being in a state of matrimony. If there will be no marriage for those resurrected, there will be no replenishing of the earth, nor (as we read Paul) any need for an urge to replenish the earth because the urge without marriage we would be torture.

I do not expect that we will spend all our time lollygagging in Heaven singing hymns. I expect Heaven will be a headquarters, and most of our time will be "out there" among the trillions of galaxies, where the petty physical urges we think are so essential to satisfy in this life--so petty they are confined within a mere sack of meat--won't even be remembered among the glories to come.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Sex is of the flesh. And sexual urges change significantly as one gets older, or are you too young to know that? So what would make anyone think the spirit would have need of sex, much less the desire!? Please don't tell me you expect to make little Caspers in heaven.

The only ones who will make babies are those who are left on this earth when Jesus comes back, and those who are part of the first resurrection that will rule and reign with Christ on Earth for a thousand years.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Sexual desire is not sex! It is an attraction to the opposite sex. I have never been to heaven so I don't know what it will be like but I don't think that God will turn us into eunuchs like you want to. You prove my point all too well on this.

We don't get married in heaven and I have never disagreed with this. If Adam and Eve had never sinned we would all be naked right now having sex out in the woods so grow up. I have met so many Christian prudes who turn sex into a sin and then they commit the worst sexual sins imaginable. Hypocrite is not a strong enough word!!!

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexual desire is not sex! It is an attraction to the opposite sex. I have never been to heaven so I don't know what it will be like but I don't think that God will turn us into eunuchs like you want to. You prove my point all too well on this.

We don't get married in heaven and I have never disagreed with this. If Adam and Eve had never sinned we would all be naked right now having sex out in the woods so grow up. I have met so many Christian prudes who turn sex into a sin and then they commit the worst sexual sins imaginable. Hypocrite is not a strong enough word!!!

Sin lies in being a slave to one's flesh--and that manifests itself in many ways, with inappropriate sexual activity being one of them.

With regard to Adam and Eve, if they had never decided to be their own moral authorities, sexual activity would still have been bound by marriage because Jesus has said:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -- Matthew 19

The concept of one man and one woman bound together in marriage existed "in the beginning" before Adam and Eve sinned. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, there would still be one man and one woman bound together in marriage--not "all be naked right now having sex out in the woods."

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there will be sexual desire in heaven but it will be a sanctified desire not like what we have now with our bodies of flesh that seem to be always out of control.

This is a good question because so many Christians see sexual desire as a sin as the 'oh my God I watched a inappropriate content site' threads attest to. I think most would agree that it's not wrong to have sexual desire for my spouse and I would have to have had those desires before we got married or we would have never got married. Sexual desire is normal. It only becomes sin when it is perverted and there are a multitude of perversions that I wont go into.

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage".

Marriage wont be in heaven.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sin lies in being a slave to one's flesh--and that manifests itself in many ways, with inappropriate sexual activity being one of them.

With regard to Adam and Eve, if they had never decided to be their own moral authorities, sexual activity would still have been bound by marriage because Jesus has said:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -- Matthew 19

The concept of one man and one woman bound together in marriage existed "in the beginning" before Adam and Eve sinned. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, there would still be one man and one woman bound together in marriage--not "all be naked right now having sex out in the woods."

How could Adam and Eve have been married, if nobody (like a priest or public figure) was there to give them a wedding ceremony? When they were on the Earth, life was very primitive and simple and there wasnt really any civilizations.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How could Adam and Eve have been married, if nobody (like a priest or public figure) was there to give them a wedding ceremony? When they were on the Earth, life was very primitive and simple and there wasnt really any civilizations.

As I've pointed out in other threads, God never said He needed an officiated marriage ceremony for Him to join a couple together.

He certainly needs no county clerk's signature.

God Himself joined Adam and Eve together. "Adam, this is your wife. You and she, have babies."

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I've pointed out in other threads, God never said He needed an officiated marriage ceremony for Him to join a couple together.

God Himself joined Adam and Eve together. "Adam, this is your wife. You and she, have babies."

So why does the Bible say fornication is a sin and marriage is an institution ordained by God, if Adam and Eve werent married?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Simple question: In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?
correct. (as it is written in Scripture).
God Himself joined Adam and Eve together.
"Adam, this is your wife. You and she, have babies."
So why does the Bible say fornication is a sin and marriage is an institution ordained by God, if Adam and Eve werent married?

Yhvh created adam and chavah to be one. and they were, made one as Yhvh says.

even if a man rapes a virgin or has sex with a prostitute, they become one flesh, just exactly as it says so in Scripture.

if people will start reading Scripture for themselves, read it through and through and meditate on Yhvh's Word and pray seeking Yhvh's face, then Yhvh may reveal His Word to them. He delights to in when He says so !

and there it is, in Scripture, where it is written that the sexual desire will not be in heaven like it is on earth. it is even written, in Scripture,
what will take its place, if anyone can be bothered enough to find it.
(joy, peace and righteousness to all who seek Yhvh and the Truth)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
This is the first scripture that came to my mind and it kind of relates. If there is no marriage in heaven then there probably isn't sex either.

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven"

Considering we won't have our sex organs, therefore no libido? That's the way I've always understood it....

• Informative
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I thank you all for your responses and time/energy/effort in resolving this...

Do you believe some will be resurrected to be on the earth, and some for heaven, or not...?

If so, do you believe that those resurrected to earth will still have sexual desires, and the ones that go to heaven, not? Or what?

Paul mentions somewhere that in heaven there will be neither male nor female, what say you about this?

Thank you all, in Jesus name,

God Bless you all!

Upvote 0

Shadow316

May 21, 2014
✟7,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gal 3

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

is this what you were thinking that Paul said about neither male nor female?

is it referring to when we are in heaven?

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage".

Marriage wont be in heaven.

I never said there would be. If you go back and read the thread title it says will there be sexual desire in heaven and that can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

Sexual desire often starts out with a chance meeting or friendship and then grows into passion and romance and usually ends in kissing and sex. I'm pretty sure there will be friendship and kissing in heaven. I can't see God banning that. lol

'Greet ye one another with a kiss of love. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.' 1Pet. 5:14

Upvote 0