In Heaven we have a choice: the old Gospel (those before us) or the new Gospel (those after us)?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I realised that in Heaven, we enjoy the Gospel, more than we enjoy Heaven and I knew that when we get to the end of our life, we get a choice (we had a choice before we were born, we have a choice in life - to believe in Jesus - and we get a choice in death, where our soul will go), what remained for me, was to put these things together. I now realise that we have a choice in Heaven, and that it is about the Gospel. The choice is: do we want the old Gospel, being the Gospel those before us enjoyed, or do we want the "new" Gospel, being the Gospel of those who come to the faith, after us. It really is a choice.

Scripture helps us work out, what is sufficient for faith, and faith determines how we enjoy scripture, these things are brought together in Heaven: it truly is a marriage! We are either abounding with joy, that the choice we made in this life, has brought us to Heaven and the choice that goes with it or we are full of sorrow, that our life has to give way to those coming after, birthing faith and scripture in the process. The Holy Spirit is able to help us make this choice, to strike the balance between what we give for our faith and how strongly we are able to keep scripture - for those before and after together for the same Gospel, and the One that comes from Heaven, to bring these things together (into the True Gospel).

In all this, we are guided to Witness. This is the strongest, purest, truest thing we can hope for - that the Old is not forgotten, and the New is not forced and the coming together, is not awkward. Behold all things are made new in Christ (as the Bible says from memory). The point being that we are able to think of or forget or trust the Gospel, how ever we please - in all the places that the Gospel is found! The Devil has no part in this, He rejects the Gospel, while he is yet in Heaven, because he has nothing to gain from the Gospel in this life, he simply does not have enough faith for anything other than this life. So the struggle continues, but we have the assurance that the fruit of our faith is stored in Heaven, for us to rely on - not relying on the things of this life, which grow old, nor concocting things that have no place in Heaven, as the Gospel does.

In this we must continue to pray that we be counted worthy to escape the things that are coming to pass and to stand before the Son of Man (as Jesus said), but in principle also that the Gospel will prosper (as Jesus said "pray the Lord of the Harvest, that he send workers into the Harvest) and this is why: that the Gospel prosper those entering Heaven and drawing in those that approach it, where it can most prosper the Harvest ahead of time, that the Lord returning not be in vain, that no one is at least ready to work as the Lord worked - this being the most that can be added to the Gospel, while it is yet day. There is more the Lord could say, but I feel there is a good point to rest, here.

Give it some thought: when do you remember the Gospel first? Who went before you? What did they preach? Why did they preach it?

I hope you find this edifying!

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi there,

So I realised that in Heaven, we enjoy the Gospel, more than we enjoy Heaven and I knew that when we get to the end of our life, we get a choice (we had a choice before we were born, we have a choice in life - to believe in Jesus - and we get a choice in death, where our soul will go), what remained for me, was to put these things together. I now realise that we have a choice in Heaven, and that it is about the Gospel. The choice is: do we want the old Gospel, being the Gospel those before us enjoyed, or do we want the "new" Gospel, being the Gospel of those who come to the faith, after us. It really is a choice.

Scripture helps us work out, what is sufficient for faith, and faith determines how we enjoy scripture, these things are brought together in Heaven: it truly is a marriage! We are either abounding with joy, that the choice we made in this life, has brought us to Heaven and the choice that goes with it or we are full of sorrow, that our life has to give way to those coming after, birthing faith and scripture in the process. The Holy Spirit is able to help us make this choice, to strike the balance between what we give for our faith and how strongly we are able to keep scripture - for those before and after together for the same Gospel, and the One that comes from Heaven, to bring these things together (into the True Gospel).

In all this, we are guided to Witness. This is the strongest, purest, truest thing we can hope for - that the Old is not forgotten, and the New is not forced and the coming together, is not awkward. Behold all things are made new in Christ (as the Bible says from memory). The point being that we are able to think of or forget or trust the Gospel, how ever we please - in all the places that the Gospel is found! The Devil has no part in this, He rejects the Gospel, while he is yet in Heaven, because he has nothing to gain from the Gospel in this life, he simply does not have enough faith for anything other than this life. So the struggle continues, but we have the assurance that the fruit of our faith is stored in Heaven, for us to rely on - not relying on the things of this life, which grow old, nor concocting things that have no place in Heaven, as the Gospel does.

In this we must continue to pray that we be counted worthy to escape the things that are coming to pass and to stand before the Son of Man (as Jesus said), but in principle also that the Gospel will prosper (as Jesus said "pray the Lord of the Harvest, that he send workers into the Harvest) and this is why: that the Gospel prosper those entering Heaven and drawing in those that approach it, where it can most prosper the Harvest ahead of time, that the Lord returning not be in vain, that no one is at least ready to work as the Lord worked - this being the most that can be added to the Gospel, while it is yet day. There is more the Lord could say, but I feel there is a good point to rest, here.

Give it some thought: when do you remember the Gospel first? Who went before you? What did they preach? Why did they preach it?

I hope you find this edifying!
Maybe you can find a way to Scripturally support the notion that the Gospel here is different from the Gospel there. Your whole narrative depends on it, and isn't worth following until you can at least do that. You build a scenario of what Heaven is and isn't like, as if you saying so is all there is to it.

Once you get that done, maybe you will find the time to support the rest of your post from Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Maybe you can find a way to Scripturally the notion that the Gospel here is different from the Gospel there. Your whole narrative depends on it, and isn't worth following until you can at least do that. You build a scenario of what Heaven is and isn't like, as if you saying so is all there is to it.

Once you get that done, maybe you will find the time to support the rest of your post from Scripture.

"The testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of Prophecy." (Rev 19:10)

We have a choice of whether we believe the testimony or not in this life.

The testimony pertains to prophecy.

Ergo, when we arrive at the object of the prophecy, it will be the choice as was said (was coming).

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ergo, when we arrive at the object of the prophecy, it will be the choice as was said (was coming).
was that intended to be an explanation?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

The choice is made during this life, and is a result of the Grace of God. I see no scriptural support, nor do I follow your reasoning to show support, for the possibility of a subsequent choice after death. That is to say, just as with the angels who as far as we know, if they have choice, they ALWAYS choose the course they have already chosen, whether evil or whether obedience.

Nevertheless, and regardless, the Gospel remains the same throughout.

Upvote 0