Pacific north west
✟406,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are more gender critical issues I have a problem with on a secular level but I don’t even care about normal men using the bathroom. We all have stalls.

It is not just using the bathroom together with a stall between.
A Boys who [say] they identify as a girl, could be on the same girls
sports team, where all would use the same shower area, at the same time.
This even if the girls feel uneasy being naked in front of boys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
How about a look back to an earlier English dictionary - Websters 1828:

DISCRIMINATION, noun

1. The act of distinguishing; the act of making or observing a difference; distinction; as the discrimination between right and wrong.

2. The state of being distinguished.

3. Mark of distinction.
why aren't you using 1828 methods of communication to tell us this?

maybe it has to do with being smart Which per Websters 1828 means:

Smart
SM'ART, noun [This word is probably formed on the root of Latin amarus, bitter, that is, sharp.]

1. Quick, pungent, lively pain; a pricking local pain, as the pain from puncture by nettles; as the smart of bodily punishment.

2. Severe pungent pain of mind; pungent grief; as the smart of affliction.

SM'ART, verb intransitive

1. To feel a lively pungent pain, particularly a pungent local pain from some piercing or irritating application. Thus Cayeene pepper applied to the tongue makes it smart

2. To feel a pungent pain of mind; to feel sharp pain; as, to smart under sufferings.

There are a couple major types of dictionaries - prescriptive & descriptive. Prescriptive are in the mode of stating rules. Descriptive change with the times and describe how words are used.
and the meaning and usage of words change over time.

Although discrimination has come to have a bad connotation, it really just means to distinguish, to observe differences, to judge. We all observe differences, distinguish, judge, discriminate every day.
words are defined by the context they are used in. it is just dishonest to pretend that discrimination in the context the words is being here, just means to distinguish

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
does this actually happen or is it just fear mongering?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

While I understand the supposed benefits of physical education, if I had a daughter she would not be participating in school sports from this moment forward. They can call me anything they like. I don't care.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yanno, I have a great idea! Let's make a law that states from here on out, all politicians can only shower with the inmates of maximum-security prisons! That way they can be all inclusive and stuff, and I'm sure the inmates won't mind, wink wink, nudge nudge. ^_^

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
words are defined by the context they are used in. it is just dishonest to pretend that discrimination in the context the words is being here, just means to distinguish

The discrimination is whether or not they claim to be the thing they say. Ie, a biological man claims to be a female. One can discriminate against a person like that for multiple reasons. For instance, would you consider it bigoted for a man to not even consider the supposed 'female' as a romantic partner? Discrimination after all is just outright bad right? Or what of Churches which have a male only clergy? They necessarily discriminate against females seeking to enter into that position.

I find it weird that people think discrimination in of itself is something bad. Jesus will literally discriminate against certain people when he gets back.

• Agree
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why aren't you using 1828 methods of communication to tell us this?

maybe it has to do with being smart Which per Websters 1828 means:

Smart
SM'ART, noun [This word is probably formed on the root of Latin amarus, bitter, that is, sharp.]

1. Quick, pungent, lively pain; a pricking local pain, as the pain from puncture by nettles; as the smart of bodily punishment.

2. Severe pungent pain of mind; pungent grief; as the smart of affliction.

SM'ART, verb intransitive

1. To feel a lively pungent pain, particularly a pungent local pain from some piercing or irritating application. Thus Cayeene pepper applied to the tongue makes it smart

2. To feel a pungent pain of mind; to feel sharp pain; as, to smart under sufferings.

And to continue with what you left off for obvious reasons:

3. To be punished; to bear penalties or the evil consequences of any thing. He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it. Proverbs 11:15.

SM'ART, adjective

1. Pungent; pricking; causing a keen local pain; as a smart lash or stroke; a smart quality or taste.

2. Keen; severe; poignant; as smart pain or sufferings.

3. Quick; vigorous; sharp; severe; as a smart skirmish.

4. Brisk; fresh; as a smart breeze.

5. Acute and pertinent; witty; as a smart reply; a smart saying.

6. Brisk; vivacious; as a smart rhetorician. Who, for the poor renown of being smart would leave a sting within a brother's heart?

SM'ART, noun A cant word for a fellow that affects briskness and vivacity.

So, cute but failed counter. Not too honest or smart (1828 or 2021 US).

Certainly language changes, but not all change is that consequential. That was part of my point.

To discriminate is not an evil. Contrary to immature Christian thinking, judging is not evil. As worldly thinking legislates changes in cultures, it's best to maintain awareness of what the push is all about. Proper discrimination for a Christian is part of the Biblical description of Christian maturity based upon having learned & skillful faculties re: the standards of absolute righteousness.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The context of my comments began with a post & replies about Jesus discriminating and a current day definition of discrimination having been supplied. Considering context would probably be appropriate before discriminating between honesty and dishonesty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For a pre-surgery female transgender person to function out in public they are first going to have to have the Psychiatric verification of their condition, then they will have to have a visable marker that reflects that they are harmless to the women and young girls when they enter the women's restrooms and locker rooms.
It may take everyone back to the the what the Nazis did to make the Jews publicly visible, but until some other way is found, I see the bathroom and locker room a real problem.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The discrimination is whether or not they claim to be the thing they say. Ie, a biological man claims to be a female. One can discriminate against a person like that for multiple reasons. For instance, would you consider it bigoted for a man to not even consider the supposed 'female' as a romantic partner? Discrimination after all is just outright bad right? Or what of Churches which have a male only clergy? They necessarily discriminate against females seeking to enter into that position.

I find it weird that people think discrimination in of itself is something bad. Jesus will literally discriminate against certain people when he gets back.
no doubt he will discriminate against the people you choose to hate

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
And to continue with what you left off for obvious reasons:

3. To be punished; to bear penalties or the evil consequences of any thing. He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it. Proverbs 11:15.

SM'ART, adjective

1. Pungent; pricking; causing a keen local pain; as a smart lash or stroke; a smart quality or taste.

2. Keen; severe; poignant; as smart pain or sufferings.

3. Quick; vigorous; sharp; severe; as a smart skirmish.

4. Brisk; fresh; as a smart breeze.

5. Acute and pertinent; witty; as a smart reply; a smart saying.

6. Brisk; vivacious; as a smart rhetorician. Who, for the poor renown of being smart would leave a sting within a brother's heart?

SM'ART, noun A cant word for a fellow that affects briskness and vivacity.

So, cute but failed counter. Not too honest or smart (1828 or 2021 US).
and no where is intelligent mentioned. hmmm

Certainly language changes, but not all change is that consequential. That was part of my point.

To discriminate is not an evil.

the prejudicial or disadvantageous treatment of an individual based on his or her membership - or perceived membership in of a minority and not on an individual’s behavior or character is evil no matter how much you would like to pretend otherwise

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and no where is intelligent mentioned. hmmm

I'm sure you think you're making a point. I'm also sure if you look at all of the words used to define smart in 1828, you'll find some that will show up in relation to intelligence definitions today. The English language is very circular when it comes to defining many of its words. But this is a digression used by you to attempt [poorly] to insinuate something meaningless.

the prejudicial or disadvantageous treatment of an individual based on his or her membership - or perceived membership in of a minority and not on an individual’s behavior or character is evil no matter how much you would like to pretend otherwise

And by this you simply insert words to correlate to the definition you prefer. And you obviously assert your preferred definitions of such words to falsely assert a pretense on my part.

You're also inserting the current thinking that discrimination has solely to do with [undefined] minorities and memberships, when I've inferred no such thing by simply pointing out the discrepancies in the definition of a word.

I do discriminate between the proven law-abiding and the proven criminal. I do prejudge these two groups. I am settled that the proven criminal be treated disadvantageously and that the law-abiding be given advantage.

I discriminate against murderers (thankfully still a minority - setting aside inclusion of the abortion issue for now). I discriminate against members of groups that have been proven to habitually commit crimes and are known to force crimes to be committed by initiates. Are these discriminations of a minority and of groups members wrong?

You've taken a post out of context and attempted to insert your own context. Your insinuations and assertions are nonsense. I disagree with your definition of a word, just as I pointed out a disagreement with the poster I posted to. Simply put, discrimination is important. If you'd like to make sure you understand what I mean by discrimination, then you could ask before you prejudge.

Frankly, it's amazing how much we think we know about the thinking of others when we're unaware of the meanings of words as they're actually using them. We're mostly speaking different languages in using the same words but wrongly thinking they mean the same thing to one another. No objective standard - just descriptive definitions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the people you believe Jesus will discriminate against

Or those He actually does and will discriminate against.

NKJ Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

NKJ Matthew 7:23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I've underlined the common theme of His discrimination for you.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm sure you think you're making a point. I'm also sure if you look at all of the words used to define smart in 1828, you'll find some that will show up in relation to intelligence definitions today. The English language is very circular when it comes to defining many of its words. But this is a digression used by you to attempt [poorly] to insinuate something meaningless.
so you are saying that words change meaning over time and it isn't very smart to use a 200 year old dictionary to try to define a modern word.

And by this you simply insert words to correlate to the definition you prefer. And you obviously assert your preferred definitions of such words to falsely assert a pretense on my part.
no i'm using an actual definition, not something from a couple centuries ago.

You're also inserting the current thinking that discrimination has solely to do with [undefined] minorities and memberships,
do you need minorities defined? no problem : A minority is a culturally, ethnically, religious or racially distinct group that has a shared sense of collective identity and community that coexists with but is subordinate to a more dominant group

when I've inferred no such thing by simply pointing out the discrepancies in the definition of a word.
by using a dictionary two centuries out of date so you could try and pretend the the word being used means something it does not

I do discriminate between the proven law-abiding and the proven criminal. I do prejudge these two groups. I am settled that the proven criminal be treated disadvantageously and that the law-abiding be given advantage.
That is nice but criminals aren't a minority

I discriminate against murderers (thankfully still a minority - setting aside inclusion of the abortion issue for now). I discriminate against members of groups that have been proven to habitually commit crimes and are known to force crimes to be committed by initiates. Are these discriminations of a minority and of groups members wrong?
Not minorities

You've taken a post out of context and attempted to insert your own context.
like you did when you pulled out a 200 year old dictionary?

Your insinuations and assertions are nonsense. I disagree with your definition of a word, just as I pointed out a disagreement with the poster I posted to. Simply put, discrimination is important. If you'd like to make sure you understand what I mean by discrimination, then you could ask before you prejudge.
you can disagree all you like but that doesn't change the meaning of the word you attempted to redefine.

Frankly, it's amazing how much we think we know about the thinking of others when we're unaware of the meanings of words as they're actually using them. We're mostly speaking different languages in using the same words but wrongly thinking they mean the same thing to one another. No objective standard - just descriptive definitions.
there are objective definitions to words and as you noted they change over time.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Or those He actually does and will discriminate against.

NKJ Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

NKJ Matthew 7:23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I've underlined the common theme of His discrimination for you.
yes hate is a big part of the prejudicial or disadvantageous treatment of an individual based on his or her membership in of a minority. Fortunately such discrimination is also largely illegal

Upvote 0