✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How does this ,

"I was replying to cygnusx1 who stated that sin was created. I was affirming that it was not created - "

Make sense , when you already affirmed ,

I was replying to:

Originally Posted by cygnusx1 "
Sin isn't created , it's the absence of the created ."
When you don't extend to me the courtesy of providing a link to what I said, I will not respond.

I'll be happy to respond to your allegation, but not when it is nebulous like this.

I went back to #481 but could not get the exact references and inferences that you made. I won't be doing it again. When there are over 500 posts and you don't give a link, that's not being courteous.

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It also infers simply doing something. Like believing, which was Paul's answer.

Which affirmed the jailer's question. What the jailer MUST DO is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.

Amen!

And yet nobody would ever be willing to do that without heart changing grace!

Praise God for this grace, amirite?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen!

And yet nobody would ever be willing to do that without heart changing grace!

Praise God for this grace, amirite?
I praise God for all of His grace, mercy and love. But where is that verse that tells me that one's heart must be changed before one can believe. I just can't put my finger on one. Please help.

Upvote 0

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I praise God for all of His grace, mercy and love. But where is that verse that tells me that one's heart must be changed before one can believe. I just can't put my finger on one. Please help.

Please consider Rom 8:8-9

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There is not a word in these 2 verses that states that one's heart must be changed before one can believe. Not a word.

Paul is writing to Christians, 'to all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints' (Rom 1:7).

Rom 8:8-9 states:
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him (ESV).
These verses fail to support your point that regeneration precedes faith.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Romans 8:8
and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:9
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Carnal (fleshly) believers cannot please God. Neither verse says anything about one's heart needing to be changed in order to believe.

Is there any?

Upvote 0

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:8
and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:9
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Carnal (fleshly) believers cannot please God. Neither verse says anything about one's heart needing to be changed in order to believe.

Is there any?

The verse teaches that without the indwelling spirit, a person cannot do anything pleasing to God.

Can you start listing things that are pleasing to God?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The verse teaches that without the indwelling spirit, a person cannot do anything pleasing to God.
It's saying much more than that. It is also saying that believers won't please God when "carnal"/fleshly/sarx. (in the flesh)

Can you start listing things that are pleasing to God?
We all know there is only 1 on that list. Heb 11:6

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is (exists) and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

It's instructive to note a few things here.

First, it shows that individuals do come to God.

Second, and that there are "those who seek Him", which refutes the erroneous RT view of Rom 3:10.

Upvote 0