Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"No, the heart is that God created the human race antagonistic to Him,"

This is not the heart of Calvinism.
I asked this:
Doesn't Calvinism claim that total depravity means that no one seeks God and that all hate Him???
Why do you ignore the question?

That you think so shows that, despite all your time here on CF, you still only know your straw man view of Calvinism. I honestly cannot see how trying to correct you further will be of any benefit. You may continue to call this a dodge. I frankly do not care.
Seems you don't care to have an actual discussion, either. Ignoring questions only demonstrates that you don't have answers, or that the obvious answers aren't convenient to you. All of which seems rather intellectually dishonest.

I demonstrated how what Calvinism claims directly leads to what I call the "heart" of Calvinism. And you provided absolutely zero reason not to believe what I pointed out.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They aren't the same thing. God "creating the human race antagonistic to him" (a false view of Calvinism) is not the same thing as God being sovereign over all events. God created the human race "good". That's what it says in my bible.
If God created the human race "good", then why does Calvinism believe that there is none that seek God, and that apart from God's hand of regeneration, man hates God? Which is just another way to say "antagonistic". ;)

Let me ask you this question:
Is the human race born antagonistic towards God? Yes or no.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If God created the human race "good", then why does Calvinism believe that there is none that seek God, and that apart from God's hand of regeneration, man hates God? Which is just another way to say "antagonistic". ;)

Let me ask you this question:
Is the human race born antagonistic towards God? Yes or no.

No. Genesis 1.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I said BORN, not created. Gen 1 doesn't address anyone BORN.

Again, is the entire human race (fallen because of Adam) BORN antagonistic to God?

Men are born in sin. That's the orthodox doctrine of original sin.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
OK. Again, is the entire human race (fallen because of Adam) BORN antagonistic to God?

I've answered. Maybe you have a different view of what sin is, but my answer is sufficient.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Try telling that to Adam and Eve. I'm using 'created' in the sense of an action done.

Then your question makes even less sense, now. Perhaps you could reword it, or give more detail as to the information you are seeking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've answered. Maybe you have a different view of what sin is, but my answer is sufficient.
You didn't answer. You just kep asking questions.

But if you did, obviously I missed it. How difficult would it be to just repeat your answer, rather than to just play games?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You didn't answer. You just kep asking questions.

But if you did, obviously I missed it. How difficult would it be to just repeat your answer, rather than to just play games?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I know that. And that didn't answer my question, so if that was your so-called answer, you haven't answered it yet.

Again, is the entire human race BORN antagonistic to God? Or not?
Would you please provide a simple yes or no response?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know that. And that didn't answer my question, so if that was your so-called answer, you haven't answered it yet.

Again, is the entire human race BORN antagonistic to God? Or not?
Would you please provide a simple yes or no response?

It did answer your question. It seems, though, that you don't see sin as antagonistic towards God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It did answer your question. It seems, though, that you don't see sin as antagonistic towards God.
Ok, so you simply won't admit that you agree with me.

In #440, you posted:
I've never made fun of the idea that God would love those who don't love Him. That is the heart of Reformed Theology.

In $441, I said this:
No, the heart is that God created the human race antagonistic to Him, so He had to arbitrarily select a few, change them against their will, so that they will love Him back. If that isn't RT, please take it apart point by point.
And you never did. But now you are admitting that the human race is antagonistic to Him. And per RT, God arbitrarily selected a few, changed them against their will, so that they love Him back.

In #442, I said this:
Did any of the selected ones (according to RT) want the change He makes in them? Of course not. So it's against their will.

On what basis does He select these few? For no apparent reason. Therefore, totally arbitrary and capricious.

That does not describe the loving God of Scripture. Not even close.

To which, your reply:
This shows that you really don't understand Calvinism.

No explanation, just a one-liner opinion. Why haven't you taken my points apart one by one to show me how I'm wrong.

Reason? You can't. So you resort to one-liners.

You never corrected me. All you did was disagree.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so you simply won't admit that you agree with me.

In #440, you posted:
I've never made fun of the idea that God would love those who don't love Him. That is the heart of Reformed Theology.

In $441, I said this:
No, the heart is that God created the human race antagonistic to Him, so He had to arbitrarily select a few, change them against their will, so that they will love Him back. If that isn't RT, please take it apart point by point.
And you never did. But now you are admitting that the human race is antagonistic to Him. And per RT, God arbitrarily selected a few, changed them against their will, so that they love Him back.

In #442, I said this:
Did any of the selected ones (according to RT) want the change He makes in them? Of course not. So it's against their will.

On what basis does He select these few? For no apparent reason. Therefore, totally arbitrary and capricious.

That does not describe the loving God of Scripture. Not even close.

To which, your reply:
This shows that you really don't understand Calvinism.

No explanation, just a one-liner opinion. Why haven't you taken my points apart one by one to show me how I'm wrong.

Reason? You can't. So you resort to one-liners.

You never corrected me. All you did was disagree.

How many times do you suppose this has been explained to you?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Try telling that to Adam and Eve. I'm using 'created' in the sense of an action done.

Then your question makes even less sense, now. Perhaps you could reword it, or give more detail as to the information you are seeking.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
And your response is making less sense to me.

I was replying to:

Originally Posted by cygnusx1
Sin isn't created , it's the absence of the created .
My response to cygnusx1 as OZ was: Try telling that to Adam and Eve. I'm using 'created' in the sense of an action done.

Now I say it again: For Adam and Eve, sin was created because it was a response in which they did evil - a creation or DOING/ACTION by Adam & Eve.

Upvote 0