In a world so lost ,what can we do to be more effective in reaching the lost?

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do people reject christ today with such ambiguity and hatred. What can we do about it as sojourners, pastors, evangelists and lay people?

The preciface is the following scripture.

“This, then, is the judgment: The light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.
John 3:19 HCSB

With that being what we belivers are against, what do we do about it as true followers of christ, what tools and battle plans can we come up with? Based on the fallowing posts.

True Christian's love regardless of personal cost to them as well. Me personally I am willing to sacerfice all I have, time, and future for Jesus, yes even my life. True love is sacerfice, jesus demonstrated this to us though is life, death and resurrection. This all being said, think about it for a while... what are you willing to sacerfice for our savior and master, Jesus Christ? Perhaps start living it out thought the rest of your days...

God bless.

Last edited:

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean precipice or something else?

Christians in general need to start loving each other more and walking as people of light. That would help.
I totally agree on that. But take the belivers that ground themselves well in the light, and love each other as well as the sinner. What then, if the actions back up the words and they still reject christ? Why Does the whole body suffer becuse of the tares or luke warm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean precipice or something else?

Christians in general need to start loving each other more and walking as people of light. That would help.

Do you think that God is hindered (in His plans to save persons) ... by low-quality christian witness ?

Upvote 0

ScumYetServant

Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
✟12,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians are too much involved in worldliness imho.
Agree at large yes, but not all are, and belivers do mature. What is a mature beliver to do? Keeping in mind said individual is right with the master. And also take that individual and day they have generations of belivers in there heritage, keeping in mind they work out their own faith with firing ro self daily. What can said individuals do?

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do people reject christ today with such ambiguity and hatred. What can we do about it as sojourners, pastors, evangelists and lay people?

The preciface is the following scripture.

“This, then, is the judgment: The light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.
John 3:19 HCSB

As the scripture say the “people love the darkness rather than the light”

Righteousness is the “light” and it is righteousness that is hated. Why was Jesus hated so much? It was because He brought righteousness, if He had not brought righteousness (that which is right) He would not have been hated.

What can people do?
Let our “light so shine” that people might see the difference, so the ones that are “willing” might choose the light.

I believe/feel, that as time progresses the two camps will be made more and more manifest. Those that love the light on one side and those that love the darkness on the other. So that everyone will see their own choice.

Much love and prayers in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree on that. But take the belivers that ground themselves well in the light, and love each other as well as the sinner. What then, if the actions back up the words and they still reject christ? Why Does the whole body suffer becuse of the tares or luke warm?

If you are believer in Christ and walk in love then you are doing what you are to do. It's been my experience that people notice in a positive way when you are loving towards others. Rejection of Christ many times comes from anger or hurt.

Part of the problem is that there are many in the Body of Christ who have not been taught well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Now that poses another question how to heal the body with in?

By not being frivolous and using altar calls like a cattle call. By seriously weighing what's involved in conversion and what it means to follow Him as "Lord". By not prematurely "birthin' the babies".

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Me I am decipled by a few elders in there 80s and I deciple others. That's one example I belive could make a difference.
That's the key, isn't it? God is into multiplication.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By not being frivolous and using altar calls like a cattle call. By seriously weighing what's involved in conversion and what it means to follow Him as "Lord". By not prematurely "birthin' the babies".

What quality do we have to offer Christ upon accepting His invitation ?

Are we not babes ?

Mark 10

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A call from from Jesus ...

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to ME, all you who labor and are heavily laden, ... and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy, ... and My burden is light."

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What quality do we have to offer Christ upon accepting His invitation ?

Are we not babes ?

Mark 10

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

What I'm talking about here is bringing people into the Body of Christ before they are ready to weigh the seriousness of the sacrifice involved. It's about trusting God and His timing, about allowing the Holy Spirit to convict hearts so they are ready and open for discipleship.

Upvote 0