Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure this is the right place but I could not find the prayer and encouragement section for christians. I need your help and prayers. I am in a lot of pain. Since 2005 My life has been in a downward spiral. Yes 12 years. with out going in to all the details because there is 12 years of it. I will give you the highlights 2005 lost my job and have not worked, then lost my scholarship for school, then lost my church community, then lost my denomianal family, then lost my heath due to being drugged by family member, then almost lost my life , buy an in-law, was in a cars accident and just reciently left my denomination, most currently lost a lady interest. I am feeling quite devestated and I am in a really bad place. I am really angry and I am not sure what to do with it and not sure where God is. I have been holding on to a promise he told me when this all started happening and I don't know if I can hold on much longer. I feel like I am loosing my faith at the same time. I have been questioning my faith in a way that I have never have done before. I am not sure God has my well being in mind. when I read the bible I see all the violence and anger and feel condemned. God seem silent, but when he does pop up I want to reject the promises he gives me. He is mainly silent. I don't know where to go or to turn. I have very little in the way of help or support. I am not sure I just seem to be experiancing Devestation after devestation. Please help and say prayers.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure this is the right place but I could not find the prayer and encouragement section for christians. I need your help and prayers. I am in a lot of pain. Since 2005 My life has been in a downward spiral. Yes 12 years. with out going in to all the details because there is 12 years of it. I will give you the highlights 2005 lost my job and have not worked, then lost my scholarship for school, then lost my church community, then lost my denomianal family, then lost my heath due to being drugged by family member, then almost lost my life , buy an in-law, was in a cars accident and just reciently left my denomination, most currently lost a lady interest. I am feeling quite devestated and I am in a really bad place. I am really angry and I am not sure what to do with it and not sure where God is. I have been holding on to a promise he told me when this all started happening and I don't know if I can hold on much longer. I feel like I am loosing my faith at the same time. I have been questioning my faith in a way that I have never have done before. I am not sure God has my well being in mind. when I read the bible I see all the violence and anger and feel condemned. God seem silent, but when he does pop up I want to reject the promises he gives me. He is mainly silent. I don't know where to go or to turn. I have very little in the way of help or support. I am not sure I just seem to be experiancing Devestation after devestation. Please help and say prayers.
Brother, you are in my prayers. Hold on fast to God. God's will be done. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying for you (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you.

Also asking your post to be moved to the prayer wall where you can get more prayer.

You might also focus more on reading the Gospel and letters of John, and not go into the Old Testament for now, except maybe the more encouraging Psalms.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even If by Mercy Me...https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...7a8c8af8901d72cb9111e0870ea3fdfc&action=click

I know this will sound hollow to you because you don't know me or what we have been going through but I assure you I speak to you from a point of being there...not your exact place of course but the constant struggles and tragedies that would destroy most and I will testify to you that your answer is in learning the truth of this song and learning in that truth to be ever faithful to God, drawing into Him like you have never done before.

May you be strengthened by our Lord and King may you find rest from your weariness as you press into Him until the moment you can say, "It is well with my soul."

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
When you are carrying your heavy cross remember one important fact. Jesus is carrying you while you struggle!
Offer up your struggles and sufferings to God. God will not give up on you.

God bless you

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
0pmbVck.jpg

This thread has been moved from the Deeper Fellowship Forum to Christian Advice.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure this is the right place but I could not find the prayer and encouragement section for christians. I need your help and prayers. I am in a lot of pain. Since 2005 My life has been in a downward spiral. Yes 12 years. with out going in to all the details because there is 12 years of it.

When reading through your post, certain Biblical sections sprang to mind: Luke 8:40-56

I will give you the highlights 2005 lost my job and have not worked, then lost my scholarship for school, then lost my church community, then lost my denomianal family, then lost my heath due to being drugged by family member, then almost lost my life , buy an in-law, was in a cars accident and just reciently left my denomination, most currently lost a lady interest. I am feeling quite devestated and I am in a really bad place.

This reminds me so much about Paul throughout his letters in the Bible. Paul went through so much, affliction and affliction, even a shipwreck and thrown into prison. However, despite all of that, he held fast in his faith in God and the hope in His Son, Jesus Christ. Have courage: Joshua 1:9 - Even when He is silent. When He is silent it usually means (at least in my life is has, not necessarily for you as well) that this is a time of testing. Cling to God during this time. Deutoronomy 31:6

I am really angry and I am not sure what to do with it and not sure where God is. I have been holding on to a promise he told me when this all started happening and I don't know if I can hold on much longer. I feel like I am loosing my faith at the same time. I have been questioning my faith in a way that I have never have done before.

This reminded me of Job. He was also angry within his heart, though he spoke nothing but praises and good things from his mouth, no sin came from it. Job 1:22 (emphasis here). You may not need me to remind you about Job, but I will say he was a very blessed man and God gave him everything. Through Satan's ridicule, God allowed all this calamity to happen. Why? Because Job's heart was far from God, so God using His Mighty and High ways, used it to bring Job back to Himself.
This could be what's happening, but please, do ask God yourself because I don't know what's been going on in your life. I just pray God is speaking through me to you.

when I read the bible I see all the violence and anger and feel condemned.

This is the work of Satan, it is wise to recognize spiritual warfare: Ephesians 6:10-20

God seem silent, but when he does pop up I want to reject the promises he gives me. He is mainly silent.

Don't dismay, but stay alert from the lion that seeks to devour. Ask God for strength. Go to Him for all and everything, even the things that are hidden in your heart. Don't stay ashamed, but be strong and go to God. :yellowheart: :prayer:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not sure this is the right place but I could not find the prayer and encouragement section for christians. I need your help and prayers. I am in a lot of pain. Since 2005 My life has been in a downward spiral. Yes 12 years. with out going in to all the details because there is 12 years of it. I will give you the highlights 2005 lost my job and have not worked, then lost my scholarship for school, then lost my church community, then lost my denomianal family, then lost my heath due to being drugged by family member, then almost lost my life , buy an in-law, was in a cars accident and just reciently left my denomination, most currently lost a lady interest. I am feeling quite devestated and I am in a really bad place. I am really angry and I am not sure what to do with it and not sure where God is.

I have been holding on to a promise he told me when this all started happening and I don't know if I can hold on much longer. I feel like I am loosing my faith at the same time. I have been questioning my faith in a way that I have never have done before. I am not sure God has my well being in mind. when I read the bible I see all the violence and anger and feel condemned. God seem silent, but when he does pop up I want to reject the promises he gives me. He is mainly silent. I don't know where to go or to turn. I have very little in the way of help or support. I am not sure I just seem to be experiancing Devestation after devestation. Please help and say prayers.

God be where He always been...He ain't moved.
Situations in life happen, Daniel and his friends in the Bible know about a whole lot of losses, yet they purposed to Honor God no matter what.
You see, they lost their freedom, homes, families, rendered eunuchs and be re-schooled to be taught to be Babylonians.
They be enslaved for the rest of their natural lives will live/serve in a pagan king's court.
They'd have others in the king's service to come against them/and seek ways to have them put to death.
Those awful circumstances drove them to pray 3 times a day, commit to being faithful to honor God and to do their duties to the best of their abilities, but they
would not become idol worshipers, they'd cling to the One True God all their lives.

I grew up in a poor black family who lived in a racist area of our state, I'd be sexually abused by a family member, attend school and be mocked and persecuted for being poor black and christian.
I only missed one day of school the entire time and would
graduate with more than enough credits needed to finish the 12th grade.

The only college education for me was what was needed to get certified as a
caregiver(CNA) and other health care studies to upgrade the CNA certificate...
they'd be six to seven months of college all total.
During all this I'd be: looking after my mom, who's a widow and has bad health;
working two jobs was a regular thing for me for many years.
There'd be a bad first marriage and divorce, that'd leave me drowning in debt
and then my ex and his new wife would move across the street from where me
and my mom be living.

My back was damaged by the years of being a caregiver and was further
damaged when I was in a bad car wreck in '98.
Life throws lots of stuff at me but through it all I be like Daniel and Job...cleaving
to God and The Word of God. God says it's not forever and that He hasn't forgotten
me...I holds onto that year after year...mind you, this battle through poverty, racism, various losses, disappointments be going on in my life for decades.
No matter what, the Lord encourages me and sends various people to provide
me with some money, food, clothes, rides/transportation etc. these things be right when it's most needed too.

It took over 20 years to break the grip of poverty that be over my life... God's
Word sustains me and be transforming my mind day by day... doubts come but
I learn to fight against them using the Bible and praying. I also get to me people
praying and encouraging me...it's worth having your own little group of christian
support, there was like 5 people(including my mom) who be praying and encouraging me along the way all those years...there also God making alive
His Word for me over and over again...I'd doubt and having pity parties but would
come out of that and trust again in the Lord and His Promises.

God was with me through all those years of poverty, racism, losses, disappointments, persecutions, so many hindering people and circumstances
came against me but none of that kept God from delivering me through all that.

At age 37, I'd marry again and enter into that new life free from my old debts, my new husband thought he'd be the one to pay off my debts but God provided the money through a friend.
Me and my husband pledged to honor God, commit to doing bible studies
and serve whatever the need be...and that's what me be doing still.

Upvote 0

Maryslittleflower

Fiat Voluntas Tua
Sep 5, 2015
✟10,829.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I pray that God gives you peace. He died on the Cross for us. Sometimes He allows us to suffer but He can use suffering for our good. Trust in His plan and His Will and trust that He can bring good out of anything, in a way that we don't know yet. The more we trust God, the more we accept His help in our hearts. God bless you

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been holding on to a promise he told me when this all started happening and I don't know if I can hold on much longer.
What was the promise, and how do you know it was from God?
I feel like I am loosing my faith at the same time. I have been questioning my faith in a way that I have never have done before. I am not sure God has my well being in mind. when I read the bible I see all the violence and anger and feel condemned.
The Old Testament especially describes some heavy circumstances, but if bad circumstances disproved the existence or power or loving character of God, I don't think that Judaism or Christianity would exist today. Yet they both continue, after thousands of years in which there has been much human suffering.
God seem silent, but when he does pop up I want to reject the promises he gives me.
Why?

Upvote 0