✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How adult of you!

He did say what most of us have been all thinking watching you make strawman arguments that could be refuted by a 10th grader.

We both know about the vast imagination required for reconstruction, and there are no complete transitional forms between monkeys and man.

Because none are theorized to exist! Is that too complicated?! :doh:

You won't be telling me to shut up! You might want to read the forum rules. If you can't control yourself, ask for help.

Oh cry me a river.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because as they taught us in high school, we didn't evolve from monkeys.

Ok - good - so the theory of evolution is false - just as I knew it was. On that note, I think that I'll take a break from the juvenile slam-fest here.

Genesis 1:1-2 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Upvote 0

Mike Elphick

Not so new...
Oct 7, 2009
Nottingham, England
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm not going to comment on your childish rhetoric and general buffoonery on this thread as I don't want to drag the thread down any further than you already have.

It's called the Dunning–Kruger effect.

But anyway, if you take a look at the link I provided you'll see quite a few near-complete skeletons. Not that you need complete skeletons - the skulls on their own show considerable differences between them and modern humans.

Of course. If you have half a pig sliced longitudinally (sagittal plane), you can pretty well know what the other half is like; if you only have the right arm and left leg of a fossil, you can still do a reconstruction of the limbs — the whole skeleton is not required.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok - good - so the theory of evolution is false - just as I knew it was.

Your strawman of it is, certainly.

On that note, I think that I'll take a break from the juvenile slam-fest here.

Genesis 1:1-2 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Yes, I've noticed Creationists tend to have a low tolerance for discussing science.

Upvote 0

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ok - good - so the theory of evolution is false - just as I knew it was. On that note, I think that I'll take a break from the juvenile slam-fest here.

No, what you are arguing is a straw man. As you will see from this cladogram, monkeys are more like cousins of humans (a million or so times removed) rather than ancestors. Therefore, no, it is wrong to say we are descended from monkeys and yes, evolution is still true.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,659.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course. If you have half a pig sliced longitudinally (sagittal plane), you can pretty well know what the other half is like; if you only have the right arm and left leg of a fossil, you can still do a reconstruction of the limbs — the whole skeleton is not required.
[dad]
That is only in thsi state. Can you prove that animals were symmetrical before the Split?[/dad]

Reactions: Ar Cosc
Upvote 0

Mike Elphick

Not so new...
Oct 7, 2009
Nottingham, England
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The YECist answer is given in yesterday's feedback from Answers in Genesis.

Ever since the Fall, Satan continues to employ his insidious method: taking God's truth and twisting it to deceive sinful man. He has continued to spread lies about God's existence, His nature, and His Word. Fallen man has continued to believe those lies, reject God, and live in his sin while denying the reality of judgment.

One of those lies is evolution. Atheists use evolution to deny the truth of God’s Word, relying instead on man's fallible reasoning alone to explain the origin and design of the world. They replace God, purpose, and morality with nature, chance, and relativism. Man pretends as if God does not exist.

<...>

God focused on the disease (sin) instead of the symptom (evolution). Since the all-knowing God knew evolution would deceive many people, why did He create creatures like apes, which evolutionists would use to support their dogma? If God had not created apes, however, evolutionists would just find another "common ancestor." The problem is not the evidence, but sinful man's faulty interpretation of the evidence made in a futile attempt to avoid recognizing the Creator, Law Giver, and Judge. Instead of not creating things Satan would warp for evil, God sent the remedy for the deadly disease of sin: the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ignoring the fact that man is an ape, since God knew similarities would be misused by evolutionists, why did he create apes? The article concludes: "Because God wanted to". Very illuminating! These guys say the nicest things — apparently I'm a sinful worker for Satan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You don't get it, do you?

We're not Homo sapiens -- we're real men.

You don't get it (though I suspect you do, but are pretending to be "innocent" as you say). Homo sapiens ia nothing more than the scientific designation for our species. It is a name and nothing more. But, you can continue to pretend differently. Maybe you can start by explaining how you are a "real man."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mike Elphick

Not so new...
Oct 7, 2009
Nottingham, England
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So movies could be made about them? :confused:

<youtube "Beware The Beast Man">

Hi LittleLambofJesus! I don't know why such films are so popular. Maybe it's to do with the little problem we have of being animals. Thus the fascination of seeing other animals as BEASTS (animalistic lesser beings). What do you think? :confused:.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't get it (though I suspect you do, but are pretending to be "innocent" as you say). Homo sapiens ia nothing more than the scientific designation for our species. It is a name and nothing more. But, you can continue to pretend differently. Maybe you can start by explaining how you are a "real man."

I imagine its the same reasoning that leads him to think that the designation we use for Pluto is also a crushing argument against astronomy.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0