Important to serve God to save your life

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
I think the parable of the talents is to teach that you have to live a holy life of self denial to enter heaven when you die if you are not disabled yourself. You have to lose your life in some way. I believe those who did not will enter purgatory but all are saved by faith in Christ if they are living a holy life of chastity and prayer and doing charitable deeds that come natural. Charitable deeds that are necessary through talents and labour is a talent you need to gain to enter heaven directly but if you are still a profitable servant by depositing with the bankers you have a right to enter heaven you will not go to outer darkness but you will go to purgatory

I see some people could suffer from people teaching universal salvation should I avoid those who teach it. I don’t think I can as I think they also need to be shown love.I think I should still accept them if they are following Christ though I believe their teaching is harmful and they should not teach it. As for people who have family members who commited suicide because they lost control of their life after sinning I think only God can judge if they were in their right mind and had no ability to control themselves. Not being in your right mind if you have ability to control yourself may not be an excuse but it could be we do not know. I also believe only those who reject the truth they do not want to know can not be saved not if they have troubles not believing. If they are not in their right mind but they believe in being good and can not see the clearness of God judgement they may not be blasphemers of the Holy Spirit but that is only if they never heard truth before or forgot and can not know truth anymore whoever is capable of seeing the facts and to put their trust in Christ they must they need to to seek God and you should love the truth. If it is preached and one knows facts and he can not prove it is wrong he has no excuse not to believe but to be saved you must put your trust in Christ.

For it is the lovers of evil who wish to be evil and not come to God for eternal life can not be saved. God knows if someone lived longer if they would wish to honour God and repent. If someone is not given a fair chance yet God knows their heart is good and they are not in their right mind God may accept them because God knows what is in their heart but I don’t know they may need to control themselves if they can.
I think we have to assume if they can control themselves they must because otherwise they may not have excuse not to because even if things are hard for him or unfair he has ability to control himself

Last edited:

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the parable of the talents is to teach that you have to live a holy life of self denial to enter heaven when you die if you are not disabled yourself. You have to lose your life in some way. I believe those who did not will enter purgatory but all are saved by faith in Christ if they are living a holy life of chastity and prayer and doing charitable deeds that come natural. Charitable deeds that are necessary through talents and labour is a talent you need to gain to enter heaven directly but if you are still a profitable servant by depositing with the bankers you have a right to enter heaven you will not go to outer darkness but you will go to purgatory

I see some people could suffer from people teaching universal salvation should I avoid those who teach it. I don’t think I can as I think they also need to be shown love.I think I should still accept them if they are following Christ though I believe their teaching is harmful and they should not teach it. As for people who have family members who commited suicide because they lost control of their life after sinning I think only God can judge if they were in their right mind and had no ability to control themselves. Not being in your right mind if you have ability to control yourself may not be an excuse but it could be we do not know. I also believe only those who reject the truth they do not want to know can not be saved not if they have troubles not believing. If they are not in their right mind but they believe in being good and can not see the clearness of God judgement they may not be blasphemers of the Holy Spirit but I don’t know I guess they may need to believe because you may need to seek God and you should love the truth. I guess if it is preached or one is capable of understanding if he seeks

Only the lovers of evil who wish to be evil and not come to God for eternal life can not be saved. God knows if someone lived longer if they would wish to honour God and repent. If someone is not given a fair chance yet God knows their heart is good and they are not in their right mind God may accept them because God knows what is in their heart but I don’t know they may need to control themselves if they can.
I think we have to assume if they can control themselves they must because otherwise they may not have excuse not to because even if things are hard for him or unfair he has ability to control himself

Jhon 3
"19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

For salvation we need to judge ourselves as guilty, worthy of hell. Admitting we are sinners is a step people who love their sins will never do.

"I believe those who did not will enter purgatory but all are saved by faith in Christ if they are living a holy life of chastity and prayer and doing charitable deeds that come natural"
You are seeking to earn your salvation, you seek your works rather than the grace and the finish work of the cross. This things are good, and it shows your faith has mature and your heart serve the light. Nevertheless, when salvation comes to mind, it isnt healthy for your faith to mix them. Once you die, your eternal rewards are set in stone.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks I just thought I should share how I see it I could be wrong and need to learn. I am not saying faith is not that is all that is necessary to be saved but perhaps to be saved upon death also works are important. Well I think faith should lead one to seek works naturally but you still have to make effort for some works to cooperate to be saved upon death

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks I just thought I should share how I see it I could be wrong and need to learn. I am not saying faith is not that is all that is necessary to be saved but perhaps to be saved upon death also works are important. Well I think faith should lead one to seek works naturally but you still have to make effort for some works to cooperate to be saved upon death
Not works, but your heart. Does your heart really believes the gospel, or not. Someone who betrays their brethren and family has reject his faith in his heart. Just as Judas did. Nevertheless Peter sin and rejected God three times, he betrayed the lord Jesus just as Judas did. His sins and bad works didnt make him lose his apostleship or sonship, because his heart was in the right place.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
Are you saying I do not believe the gospel or that my heart is not in the right place ? I can forgive you but you are judging me too the same. I agree now one does not lose his sonship if he does not work as long as his heart is in the right place if he seeks to do good but his works are not necessary to be saved but maybe to be saved upon death but maybe not either

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you saying I do not believe the gospel or that my heart is not in the right place ? I can forgive you but you are judging me too the same. I agree now one does not lose his sonship if he does not work as long as his heart is in the right place if he seeks to do good but his works are not necessary to be saved but maybe to be saved upon death but maybe not either
I dont really know you, to judge you. It think I need to stop using second person to give examples.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
I do not reject the gospel or betray my family. I do not see error with their path to hinder them from salvation if I did and followed the truth more accurately to save them I am not betraying them.You do not do well by slandering me but I forgive you because you may think I do and you are trying to correct me if I have wrong understanding

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not reject the gospel or betray my family. I do not see error with their path to hinder them from salvation if I did and followed the truth more accurately to save them I am not betraying them.You do not do well by slandering me but I forgive you because you may think I do and you are trying to correct me if I have wrong understanding
I was talking about Peter and Judas life. How the same sin that denies their faith, for one was forgiven and the other wasnt. It is the heart that search grace and mercy, not our works.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah you could be right but a truly saved person would naturally do some works or want to work if he can. But I still believe some works are maybe necessary to be saved upon death.
I don’t think if someone thinks works are necessary it should be a salvation issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah you could be right but a truly saved person would naturally do some works or want to work if he can. But I still believe some works are maybe necessary to be saved upon death.
I don’t think if someone thinks works are necessary it should be a salvation issue.
The thing with it, is that its taking glory from the finish work of the cross into our works. We will never be worthy of such gift. Our heart is the one who seeks the light and confess us into salvation, since our flesh has failed our lord, works mean nothing. Many people only believe with their minds, this are the people James warned us in his epistles. For example, satanists believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. But only in their minds. Other church goers could be on that boat of not knowing the gospel in their hearts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I would like to be convinced and you may be right but I am just not sure yet. I don’t think it should be a salvation issue
I want you to depend in the lord Jesus Christ for your salvation only. And do good works with a free heart to give, intead of fearing if you really believe in your heart what he did for you.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
I think you are right you have to believe with your heart as James says works are evidence of believing with the heart but I don’t think James condemns people who don’t know the full truth as not everyone is capable of proving such 100% and God I think does not expect it

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I think you are right you have to believe with your heart as James says works are evidence of believing with the heart but I don’t think James condemns people who don’t know the full truth as not everyone is capable of proving such 100% and God I think does not expect it
Because we all need grace and mercy, without our lord Jesus Christ we are dead in our sins. Look at Samson for example, he has almost did 0 good works in his life. Nevertheless his heart was one that seek the lord in mercy and sorrow. Our lord gave him strength and restored him with his spirit. It was his heart that made him a son of God. So we are too, even with our wicked hearts we are like Samson one way or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
His heart was right from the beginning but he got mixed with sin and God forbears with those who have potential to be good. I think he was not altogether wicked which not everyone who is who has no excuse will have patience
Everyone who seek God are the ones with potential to be good. I believe in OSAS for this reason, God seals our hearts and guide us always into the light.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe those who were once saved can choose to abandon their salvation but they will always be called back. If people were saved and appeared to sin unto death but did not it was not a free choice they may not be lost
I was thinking more in the lines of losing your salvation by sinning, but yes you can deny your salvation. But, tbh people who fall into apostasy were never really believers. That is my personal opinion.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟578,150.00
Faith
Christian
I think I may have erred and God gave all fair chances so they have no excuse not to want to know the truth because if they know it could be and they refuse to seek and He enables them to believe and people will be judged if they follow evil teachings and if you sin you need God forgiveness and to repent which can only be done by accepting Jesus way as the true way and no other teacher taught the truth that one has the strongest evidence for so there is no excuse not to accept Jesus as the truth

Last edited:
Upvote 0