West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I always liked speaking in tongues, it sort of gave me a "higher consciousness" I hate that word because the new agers have sabotaged that term. Speaking in tongues really does get out of ourselves and into the eternal perspective. I had this serious issue, and I was praying and nothing was coming up. I prayed in tongues, and relaxed, and meditated on God, and all of a sudden I could feel my spirit lift out of my body and into the eternal realm. At that point i suddenly had an answer. I think speaking in tongues sort of at the very minimal accesses the subconscious, but more accurately tongues access the eternal. When I read my prayer list, I usually put on worship music with headphones, to block out outside noise, but you don't have to. It helps me to get in the right spirit as well. I try to speak in tongues every day a little bit, it is really my favorite part of the day. Speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit, not for everyone. But rest assured if God does not desire it for you, you can still meditate to christian music and still get in the right spirit, once a day. Make this your time of meditation.

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Almost every time the first disciples were looking for evidence of being filled with the Spirit it showed as speaking in tongues. I, personally, think that we should all expect at least a prayer language type of tongues. Well, at least those of us willing to accept the fullness of the Spirit.

Upvote 0