Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The further this goes along, the less credible it seems. In the beginning, at least mainstream media personalities could carry it along a little with straight faces. Now, all testimony is behind closed doors. Transcripts are being withheld, and only Democrat talking points seem to be allowed out.

Adam Schiff's intelligence committee inquiry apparently cannot withstand the light of day, just as Jerry Nadler's earlier judicial committee inquiry couldn't. Nadler himself seems to have gone into hiding after the flameout his committee experienced with its inquiry. Adam Schiff is evidently hoping for some miracle to breath life into his inquiry. It's a long time until the 2020 election though. The Mueller investigation couldn't maintain a pretense for much more than two years, even when initiated with the full credibility and backing of the Department of Justice. It seems highly unlikely that Adam Schiff will be able to keep up the pretense of legitimate investigation for even a month, much less another year.

Time will tell of course. With the Mueller investigation, many Republicans were willing to support the investigation and wait for its conclusions. That's not happening with Schiff's hyper-partisan investigation. Everyone knows its purely partisan at this point ... an investigation which can't withstand the scrutiny which being open would bring to it.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's an investigation, not an impeachment (yet). Those are generally not held out in the open or such that witnesses get tipped off on how to co-ordinate their testimonies.

You're so impatient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Time will tell of course. With the Mueller investigation, many Republicans were willing to support the investigation and wait for its conclusions.
It was a Republican investigation, instigated by a Republican DOJ, overseen by a Republican Deputy AG, led by a Republican special prosecutor, so bully for those "many Republicans" who were willing to wait for its conclusions!

That's not happening with Schiff's hyper-partisan investigation. Everyone knows its purely partisan at this point ... an investigation which can't withstand the scrutiny which being open would bring to it.
It's done behind closed doors so how does "everyone" know that it is pure partisan or hyper-partisan? How do you have it both ways?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because Adam Schiff is a media hound.
If that were true, then he would be holding the hearing in front of the cameras or giving sound-bite highlights every night - and he is not.

Donald is the media hound - especially the social media known as Twitter. Does an hour go by without a new RealDonald tweet?

Upvote 0

LoveOurNeighbor

Oct 12, 2019
WILMINGTON
✟17,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The further this goes along, the less credible it seems. In the beginning, at least mainstream media personalities could carry it along a little with straight faces. Now, all testimony is behind closed doors. Transcripts are being withheld, and only Democrat talking points seem to be allowed out.

Adam Schiff's intelligence committee inquiry apparently cannot withstand the light of day, just as Jerry Nadler's earlier judicial committee inquiry couldn't. Nadler himself seems to have gone into hiding after the flameout his committee experienced with its inquiry. Adam Schiff is evidently hoping for some miracle to breath life into his inquiry. It's a long time until the 2020 election though. The Mueller investigation couldn't maintain a pretense for much more than two years, even when initiated with the full credibility and backing of the Department of Justice. It seems highly unlikely that Adam Schiff will be able to keep up the pretense of legitimate investigation for even a month, much less another year.

Time will tell of course. With the Mueller investigation, many Republicans were willing to support the investigation and wait for its conclusions. That's not happening with Schiff's hyper-partisan investigation. Everyone knows its purely partisan at this point ... an investigation which can't withstand the scrutiny which being open would bring to it.

an INQUIRY can be likened to a grand jury...Is a grand jury open to the public?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
an INQUIRY can be likened to a grand jury...Is a grand jury open to the public?

Mercy dictates that Trumpists should be allowed a few straws to clutch at.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
No vote to begin official proceedings, no official proceedings in need of compliance. Easy peasy. Ignoring procedure is a two-way street.

I would consider Adam Schiff to be Charles Logan in training. Logan was the slimy bad president in, "24".
8x17_Charles_Logan.jpg
rep-adam-schiff-large-169.jpg

One of these guys plays a government traitor on tv, and the other plays one in real life. Reminds of a line about life, art & imitation, but I'm not a quote guy.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No vote to begin official proceedings, no official proceedings in need of compliance. Easy peasy. Ignoring procedure is a two-way street.

I would consider Adam Schiff to be Charles Logan in training. Logan was the slimy bad president in, "24".
View attachment 265127 View attachment 265128

One of these guys plays a government traitor on tv, and the other plays one in real life. Reminds of a line about life, art & imitation, but I'm not a quote guy.
Over time, I've found a pattern that posts which use pictures along with empty claims to be of questionable utility in determining facts about reality.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There will be a vote when the inquiries - plural - have completed.

Making inflammatory and untrue statements about a real person?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Making inflammatory and untrue statements about a real person?
Perhaps some proof would help ...
Trump suggests arresting Adam Schiff for 'treason'

“Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?”
Trump previously demanded Sunday that Schiff be “questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason,” and claimed that his “lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber.”

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps some proof would help ...
Trump suggests arresting Adam Schiff for 'treason'

“Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?”
Trump previously demanded Sunday that Schiff be “questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason,” and claimed that his “lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber.”
That is evidence of Donald's dementia, not of treason. Paraphrasing a transcript treason? That's not even funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That is evidence of Donald's dementia, not of treason. Paraphrasing a transcript treason? That's not even funny.
Definition of TREASON : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

It appears that attempted "Impeachment" without justifiable reason is, in point of fact, treason ... by definition.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Definition of TREASON : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

It appears that attempted "Impeachment" without justifiable reason is, in point of fact, treason ... by definition.
You know this is just nonsense and why: the government is not being overthrown, but serious inquiry is being made into what the IG called an urgent and credible complaint by the branch of government tasked with such duties. You know every well that there hasn't been an impeachment, yet, so it is premature to claim that something that doesn't exist and hasn't happened has no justification. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You know this is just nonsense and why: the government is not being overthrown, but serious inquiry is being made into what the IG called an urgent and credible complaint by the branch of government tasked with such duties. You know every well that there hasn't been an impeachment, yet, so it is premature to claim that something that doesn't exist and hasn't happened has no justification. :rolleyes:
Urgent and credible claim =/ Impeachment

Democrats jumped to impeachment purely for political reasons. That is, by definition, treason.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Democrats jumped to impeachment purely for political reasons. That is, by definition, treason.

Thinking things doesn’t make them factual.

Upvote 0