Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Guilty on all counts is as good as it gets.

As for Rep Waters... the vote to censure her failed, 216-210.

Don't you love it when everyone gets what they deserve?

I do and wish that had happened.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do and wish that had happened.

Well, Chauvin was found guilty in a court of law, and Rep. Waters avoided the wrath of Cancel Culture.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I believe justice won and Chavin was found guilty of all counts, but Rep. Waters needs to be reminded she represents millions of people and never again suggests what she did that could have incited riots had the outcome been different.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I believe justice won and Chavin was found guilty of all counts, but Rep. Waters needs to be reminded she represents millions of people and never again suggests what she did that could have incited riots had the outcome been different.
Maxine Waters represents 750k people. What millions do you mean?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On Sunday in Minnesota, Waters, breaking the law by violating curfew (because “she didn’t agree with it”) said that if ex-police officer Derek Chauvin is not found guilty of murdering George Floyd, “We’ve got to get more confrontational.”

There’s been rioting, looting, graffiti — what did Waters mean by “more confrontational?” In Portland, they set fire to an Apple store. They’re trying to take over government buildings.

Impeach and remove Maxine Waters

So are we all agreeing, now, that politicians can imply incitement to riot even without implicitly saying so? And that politicians who do that should be removed from office?

Are we all now in agreement on those points?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have that backwards. Trump called for violence, Waters did not. Remember the Trump supporters screaming and yelling "HANG MIKE PENCE!!!!" because Trump called for it.

Trump's supporters even built a gallows to hang Mike Pence from:
VIDEO: Pro-Trump mob chants ‘hang Mike Pence!’ (msn.com)
BB1cCagI.img
Try to find any evidence that Trump said hang Pence. Try to find any evidence that Trump called for violence. I can provide plenty of evidence for Waters called for violence. I also can provide a quote from a judge talking about how inappropriate Waters was in her call for a conviction for murder one which was not even charged.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So are we all agreeing, now, that politicians can imply incitement to riot even without implicitly saying so? And that politicians who do that should be removed from office?

No we do not agree with the parallels. When something has already had a history of being violent and someone call for people to be MORE confrontational it is not close to being the same as saying ‘Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,’"

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Of course not -- the only reason people are demanding Waters face consequences is because the people they don't like tried holding one of their heroes to account.

Morals that are nothing but "they did it; we can, too!" are morals that are nothing at all.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No we do not agree with the parallels. When something has already had a history of being violent and someone call for people to be MORE confrontational it is not close to being the same as saying ‘Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,’"
There’s plenty of examples of Trump encouraging violence in his supporters well before the 1/6 attack at the Capitol. I don’t think you want to go down this road.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Try to find any evidence that Trump said hang Pence. Try to find any evidence that Trump called for violence. I can provide plenty of evidence for Waters called for violence. I also can provide a quote from a judge talking about how inappropriate Waters was in her call for a conviction for murder one which was not even charged.
LOL, all anyone has to do is watch what happened on Jan. 6 when Trump incited his supporters to storm the Capitol and there is your evidence. For more evidence, just look at the ones who have been caught and what they're attornies are putting forth as their defense. For example:
Trump blamed for Capitol riot by some who were arrested (usatoday.com)
"IM THERE IF TRUMP TELLS US TO STORM THE (expletive) CAPITAL IMA DO THAT THEN!" - Kenneth Grayson, accused Capitol rioter.

Trump even acknowledged he was to blame:
Trump acknowledged he bears some blame for Capitol riot in conversation with McCarthy: sources | Fox News

So now lets see your mountains of evidence that Maxine Waters did the same thing... (I won't be holding my breath LOL)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HosannaHM

Christian Saved by Grace
Apr 4, 2010
Midwest
✟18,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I read threads like this, I just wonder how much the information sent equals the information received. Regardless of which side you fall on, it seems like defending a candidate/position is considered as "making excuses for them". Some of this discussion can be boiled down to "Yeah, but he did it too! Yeah, but she did it too!" I don't believe people should have to make excuses for Trump when the topic is Maxine.

"Remember January 6th? Trump incited violence!" Yep we've been there, and they attempted to impeach him. Trump was very inflammatory at times. Not a good trait in a political figure. Maxine said this inciting statement just the other day, and she will most likely not receive any punishment. My liberal friends, your conservative opponents have a point.

As far as throwing free speech and cancel culture back toward the right, come on. Please. Free speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want with no consequences (clearly this was the position used to impeach Trump!). We also have these people called defamation lawyers that specialize in dealing with slander. If an individual is defamed by another's actions(including speech) it can lead to consequences and charges. Frankly, cancel culture has nothing to do with this incident. If anyone on the right said to cancel Maxine Waters, that's ridiculous.

You have to admit, cancel culture has been aimed predominantly at the right. But I don't want it pointed at the left either. It's wrong all the way. Maybe(and I say this for both sides) instead of mocking your opponent's position ("Hey it's just free speech!"), how about we try to take it case by case?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Confrontation does not necessarily mean "violence." MLK, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela and others confronted injustice peacefully. Today, the Poor People's Campaign confronts injustice peacefully.

The judge knows that the Court of Appeals won't overturn Chauvin's convictions, because even if a dozen Maxine Waters were telling protesters to speak truth to power, the truth was so plain in that trial that a juror would have to have been a few cards short of a deck not to see it.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Try to find any evidence that Trump said hang Pence. Try to find any evidence that Trump called for violence. I can provide plenty of evidence for Waters called for violence.

Then do it.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
goodness that sure does sound bad

imagine if you had, oooh say a few dozen elected representatives whipping up mobs with nonsense about stolen elections
Imagine if it went on for FOUR YEARS. You'd have something like... a presidential impeachment farce. Or even two!

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There’s plenty of examples of Trump encouraging violence in his supporters well before the 1/6 attack at the Capitol. I don’t think you want to go down this road.
OK nothing there compares.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL, all anyone has to do is watch what happened on Jan. 6 when Trump incited his supporters to storm the Capitol and there is your evidence. For more evidence, just look at the ones who have been caught and what they're attornies are putting forth as their defense. For example:
Trump blamed for Capitol riot by some who were arrested (usatoday.com)
"IM THERE IF TRUMP TELLS US TO STORM THE (expletive) CAPITAL IMA DO THAT THEN!" - Kenneth Grayson, accused Capitol rioter.

Trump even acknowledged he was to blame:
Trump acknowledged he bears some blame for Capitol riot in conversation with McCarthy: sources | Fox News

So now lets see your mountains of evidence that Maxine Waters did the same thing... (I won't be holding my breath LOL)
That is simply avoiding the question, which was what did Trump say. Not what did people decide to take it upon themselves to do. Again the question is what did Trump say, that is the question. A Quote from his speech would be good evidence but there is nothing in his speech that supports your argument.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is simply avoiding the question, which was what did Trump say. Not what did people decide to take it upon themselves to do. Again the question is what did Trump say, that is the question. A Quote from his speech would be good evidence but there is nothing in his speech that supports your argument.
That is simply dodging and deflecting. I provided what Trump said. I provided what those who acted on it said that Trump said. Now, if you want to pretend that I didn't provide that then you're just letting it be known that you're going to straight up deny that you've been provided with what was clearly provided to you. At this point you just want to just deny that you were given what was clearly given to you. There's no discussion when reasoning on your part breaks down like that. Now you shift the goalposts as another round of deflection. If I entertain the new goalposts you'll just shift them again. It's just always one deflection after another. You're not fooling anyone.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is simply dodging and deflecting. I provided what Trump said. I provided what those who acted on it said that Trump said. Now, if you want to pretend that I didn't provide that then you're just letting it be known that you're going to straight up deny that you've been provided with what was clearly provided to you. At this point you just want to just deny that you were given what was clearly given to you. There's no discussion when reasoning on your part breaks down like that. Now you shift the goalposts as another round of deflection. If I entertain the new goalposts you'll just shift them again. It's just always one deflection after another. You're not fooling anyone.
I reviewed your post, There are no quotes of Trump calling for anything violent, if you can find any post them, I have reviewed his entire speech, he calls for a peaceful demonstration, the closest he ever get to violence is telling people to fight to maintain their country before they lose it, now if that is a call to violence they there are countless speeches by various people that call for violence prior to this because it is not uncommon to use those terms or similar terms. I suggest that you read his speech and not just take the word of others for what it actually contains. The MSM and the Dems have a tendency to hear what they want to hear and rearrange it to support their narratives.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, there’s at least one person fooled.
Maybe the judge was fooled but it appears he was not.
Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill criticized Rep. Maxine Waters
"I wish elected officials would stop talking about this case, especially in a manner that is disrespectful to the rule of law and to the judicial branch and our function," Cahill said after the jury had been sequestered to begin deliberations on Monday.
"If they want to give their opinions, they should do so ... in a manner that is consistent with their oath to the Constitution," Cahill continued.
The judge’s comments came after Chauvin defense attorney Eric Nelson argued that Waters’s comments could have prejudiced the jury and were grounds for a mistrial.“We have U.S. representatives threatening acts of violence in relation to this specific case. It's mind-boggling,” Nelson said to Cahill
. Judge criticizes Waters for remarks during Chauvin trial

Upvote 0