USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Ezekiel 8, he was sitting in his house with the elders of Judah during their Babylon captivity, and God gave him a vision. Some scholars believe this vision was only about the abominations Judah was doing just prior to God sending the king of Babylon upon them to take them captive to Babylon for seventy years. Ezekiel 9 reveals this has a greater fulfillment for the end of this world.

I strongly believe this vision is especially for the last days, as Ezekiel 9 particularly reveals.

Ezek 8:3
3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

KJV

The last days parallel of this image of jealousy is the image of the beast the future Antichrist will setup in the future temple in Jerusalem. Revelation 13 declares that idol image for the end, requiring all to bow in worship to it.

Ezek 8:5-6
5 Then said He unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from My sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
KJV

Not just the house of Judah was guilty of this, but also the house of Israel (ten tribes which were scattered first for idol worship).

This "image of jealousy" is setup on a pedestal on the way to the inner court of the temple in Jerusalem. And our Heavenly Father is jealous of it, because He said we are to have no other gods before Him, to only worship Him.

Ezek 8:7-12

7 And He brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.

8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.

9 And He said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.

10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.

11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.

12 Then said He unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.
KJV

You can read about Shaphan in 2 Kings 22 who helped reform in Josiah's day. But don't make the mistake that all this was past history. There's no new thing under the sun, what hath been shall be again, remember? (Eccl.1:9). How so?

If you were paying attention in the above Scripture, you should have noticed the vision is including the "house of Israel" being inside the temple doing those false pagan idol worship things along with Judah. That did not happen when Judah was rebellious and God brought the king of Babylon upon them to destroy Jerusalem and the temple. The ten tribed house of Israel had already been scattered out of the northern lands for about 120 years by then. So the house of Israel was not even there with Judah in order to do this pagan rebelliousness inside the temple at Jerusalem. It means this is pointing to the end with a future built temple in Jerusalem.

God said He made Ezekiel a prophet to the "house of Israel" specifically (Ezek.3). At this time of Ezekiel's captivity to Babylon, the house of Israel (ten northern tribes) had since long before been split from the house of Judah per 1 Kings 11 forward. And king Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim that God setup as king over the northern ten tribes of the house of Israel instead placed two golden idols for false worship in Bethel and Dan in the northern lands. Jeroboam did that to keep the ten tribed house of Israel from going to down to Jerusalem to worship, meaning they didn't worship at the Jerusalem temple. They stayed in the north and worshiped at either Dan or Bethel at the idols Jeroboam had made.

Who would be guilty of these kind of pagan idol worship today? No temple has been built yet in today's Jerusalem, but Bible prophecy for the end in Daniel and Revelation reveals there will be Dan.11; Rev.11). What type of groups might already be doing these things in pagan worship, burning incense to honor false gods, following old pagan traditions of the various ancient pagans? This should be easy for you -- if you're not afraid to say it. And if you are afraid to say it, then that means all the more you are aware of what groups could be up to these things for the end. I of course refer to the secret societies of mystic initiation.

When God is finished showing Ezekiel the vision, He says this to Ezekiel:

Ezek 8:18

18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: Mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in Mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.
KJV

Then in Ezekiel 9, God sends angels with destroying weapons over the city of Jerusalem. But first, He commands an angel with an inkhorn to put a 'mark' (Tau - made like a cross) on the foreheads of all those who sigh because of the abominations going on.

Ezek 9:4-6

4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others He said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
KJV

In Revelation 7 we have this same warning that before anything on earth is destroyed, to first mark on the forehead the 144,000 of Israel. In 1 Peter 4, Apostle Peter said that judgement when Jesus comes will begin at God's House --

1 Peter 4:17-19

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
KJV

Where do you think Peter was pulling from about Judgment coming first at the house of God, meaning the Church? Ezekiel 9, no doubt.